PDA

View Full Version : Another Mononoke

Candy-chan
11-27-2003, 09:05 PM
i know i post a lot of wallpapies but its not my fault, photoshop is on my computer without internet so i make a lot, then transfer, then post batch after batch -----
so heres another mononoke, older though
should i loose the transparence of the boxes?

asher_aj_wei
11-27-2003, 09:11 PM
Hrmm... I know you have the red to compliment her outfit but it just doesn't fit on the wall to me. Got a better quality picture? And don't make so many Mononoke Hime walls~ Leave some for me =D

asher_aj_wei
11-27-2003, 09:14 PM
On second thought, the red seems alright now that I've just put it on my background. Lose the transparency in the smaller boxes and you should either remove or lessen the red outlines of the smaller boxes.

MistressPookyChan
11-27-2003, 10:32 PM
the text fades a bit too much on the right. also, did you try giving the smaller images a red tone? might help them blend in with their outline

darkparrot
11-27-2003, 11:21 PM
Good!

The mononoke(some kanji thing) looks kinda blury.

wizz-o-matic
11-28-2003, 02:28 PM
Like Pooky said try to give a red ton to smaller pics and also try to sharpen the main character.

Nice job.

Candy-chan
12-04-2003, 07:10 PM
heh, after a while...<_< ...hum Hum HUM
2nd version is here, re-touched the char,de-blurred the kanjis, reddished the boxes(more was not pretty)

wizz-o-matic
12-05-2003, 01:17 PM
Better, I like it.

Good job

darkparrot
12-05-2003, 11:10 PM
I agree, better&#33;

MistressPookyChan
12-06-2003, 02:50 AM
I like it... except that the small pics on the side need to have something done with them. Right now they blend in with the background way too much. something like making them monotone or adding a border (red?) around them would make them stick out a bit more. Good job otherwise&#33;

Miko
12-06-2003, 10:27 AM
Have you ever thought about working a long time on a great wallpaper, instead of just producing an annoyingly large amount of mediocre or bad ones?

asher_aj_wei
12-06-2003, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Miko@Dec 7 2003, 12:21 AM
Have you ever thought about working a long time on a great wallpaper, instead of just producing an annoyingly large amount of mediocre or bad ones?
lol , that&#39;s kinda mean =D Not everyone has been exposed to wallpaper making that long... I&#39;m one example =D I mainly just post rather than create =D So give them some time~ As the great Sanosuke says, "Put my meal on tab"

Miko
12-06-2003, 07:48 PM
Yeah, but with a little more time, the wallpaper can become alot better.
I suggest finding some good tutorials, and experimenting with something other than filters; stock-photos, blending, gradients, custom brushes, 3D renders; they can all be used to make wallpapers that are alot better than just filterwhored ones..

And spend more time on touching up the scans; screenshots and manga almost never make good walls... unless the the screenshot is amazingly high quality, and the manga is blended into the background; or etc.

Candy-chan
12-06-2003, 10:40 PM
the reason why i post a lot of walls is because i need improvement in my very beginner technique and i need to know what to do to make it better
for an example, i dont even know how to do all those smushy lighty effects everyone do, so i try so use the filters i understand...