PDA

View Full Version : Femal Voice Actors

Van of the Dawn
04-15-2009, 01:57 PM
So I was thinking, while I was watching Saiyuki on Netflix I realized that all the females seem to have this same voice, and when I realized it I got kinda irritated... I mean.... I wish in Anime when a girl is involved they don't always have that about to cry/whiny voice lol, anyone else feel the same way?

Heinekenrana
04-15-2009, 02:04 PM
I don't really think Yaone and Lirin have the same voice. I know Lirin is a whiny little pain, and I dislike that character very much anyway, but she and Yaone - and certainly Gyukumen - don't really sound the same to me.

As for other animes, if the women in an anime sound similar it begins to get on my nerves because it makes it difficult to tell who's who, much less ascertain a personality for them from their voice. I could possibly see why Saiyuki does that, since it's mainly about the four main characters, but with other animes it makes no sense.

Then too, it seems like a lot of anime wants their women to sound young and innocent, so maybe being "whiny" goes along with that aspect?

Diocletian
04-15-2009, 05:57 PM
That's how anime is though. Female's in anime don't have much vocal range is something I've noticed. Look at Tara Platt. Her vocal range is exactly the same for every dub she makes (Tokiko(Buso Renkin), Jinny (Marmalade Boy). While she's not a bad dubber she really can't change her voice.

Plus, you must be watching moe. That's where the girls sound SUPER squeaky and defenseless.

JIMBO.
04-15-2009, 06:55 PM
I feel that girls do a good job on shonen type voices

Goku was voiced by a woman
Luffy was voiced by a woman
naruto was voice by a woman

the list goes on