PDA

View Full Version : Need help remembering!

Forgotten Show
04-12-2009, 01:12 PM
First post, hi guys.

So recently my brother and I have been trying to figure out the names of old shows we used to watch on Cartoon Network that we liked, and we both came across one we only barely remember. We remember that we liked it, but not much else. Here are the details we managed to scrape up:

Staged in modern-ish Earth.
Alien-like dog thing (similar to these (http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3272/2945794438_b09632d1e7.jpg?v=0)).
Younger man main character, finds a pretty badass motorcycle later (hovers?).
Scene eventually progressed to dessert area, where main character meets old guy (drives an old pick up truck with the bed enclosed, and a blue alien thing inside that seemed more domesticated).
Blue alien thing accompanies main character after this point.
Also involves a weapon of some kind that implodes house (the main character's), and later on a large military base.

Aired late 90s, early 2000s.

I realize this is quite a reach with not a lot of detail, but a shot in the dark can't hurt.

Thanks,

Bad Memory

Forgotten Show
04-19-2009, 05:55 PM
No dice, eh? Damn. :banghead:

Bad Memory

Heinekenrana
04-19-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm trying to find anything I can out about this, and so far no luck. Now that I'm curious I'll keep looking though.

XxPantherChickxX
04-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Aww, crap. That thing looks really familiar. I asked a friend, and he had no clue.

Forgotten Show
04-19-2009, 08:01 PM
I appreciate any and all help I can get, and I realize that I certainly didn't make it easy. I'll keep asking around, and if I happen to find it I'll report back here.

Driving me nuts, this is...

Bad Memory

Datenshi
04-19-2009, 08:37 PM
Only thing that comes to mind at the moment is Casshern (http://images.google.com/images?gbv=2&hl=en&safe=off&q=casshern%20robot%20hunter&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi) (probably because of the dog), but that probably isn't it since it's not set in a modern setting.

flclamvman
04-19-2009, 08:51 PM
AAARGH this is so frustrating, i never really watched the show but its sooooo familiar :wacko:

Heinekenrana
04-19-2009, 11:58 PM
Agreed with the frustrating. Nothing I search is turning ANYTHING up. RAWR.

Forgotten Show
04-21-2009, 01:17 PM
Still no new details, but someone brought to my attention that Sci-Fi aired anime shows/movies for a while now. Have they been shown that far back? Early 2000s, late '90s?

Bad Memory

Heinekenrana
04-21-2009, 04:50 PM
I think they DID show some anime shows and movies back that far - I remember seeing Project A-Ko while working on algebra homework, and I graduated in 1994. Let me work from there and see if there's anything. :)

edit for: I checked the list over and looked at some of the titles and STILL have a huge blank. :(

Forgotten Show
04-25-2009, 01:22 PM
I can't seem to find anything from the list of Cartoon Network or Sci-Fi shows that match up to my limited memory. Bummer.

Thanks anyway for your help, folks.

Bad Memory