PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most terrifying anime character in existence?

Wolfwood
04-11-2009, 07:44 AM
There's plenty out there. So name a character and give your reason as to why you would choose them.
Maybe we can find someone new to fear who'll make the devil look about as scary as that coat in your closet that you thought was a monster ~_^

For me i had a hard time choosing. From Alucard from Hellsing, to Hellgirl, or even The gods of death themselves from Deathnote (although they're more funny then anything :P)
But hands down i give it to Balalaika from Black Lagoon. No evil superpowers here, nor horns or pointy tails. Just one women who looks like she could rule the world if given the slightest oppotunity O_o...
You get on her bad side, and you won't be alive for much longer. Simple as that ^^;

Amray The II
04-11-2009, 11:29 AM
A lot of the cast from Elfen Lied. My favourite one, the little girl in the wheelchair, was really cute and all but I would not exactly like to walk into her in a dark and gloomy atmosphere. She could kill me before I blinked. Although if we met and became friends, that would be better.

Memento Mori
04-11-2009, 11:35 AM
The chiropteran from Blood+ looked like some srs bznz.

Wolfwood
04-11-2009, 12:27 PM
that wheelchair girl would be pretty scary. but i think the whole 'creepy little girl' angle has been ruined for me with movies and games over-using it ^^;
Although, i do wonder who was the first true creepy lil' girl that started it all... i think it'd be Alice from Alice in wonderland :P
There's some great spooky stories involving her ^^

Not sure about the Chiropterans. They seem like a generic style of monster you'd find in any ole' movie. Sure they could, and mostly would kill ya. But it'd be a boring death.
They need those moments of torment to really stop ya heart. If you feel for a second that you could fight back against them with a chance to come out of it alive, they're not spooky enough ^^

blackrosetwilight
04-11-2009, 12:31 PM
Rena or Rika from hirgurashi

SteelFlex
04-11-2009, 12:36 PM
Ryuk is Freaky :p

SigmaSD
04-11-2009, 12:40 PM
Captain Kurotsuchi from bleach is pretty terrifying. She just freaks me out, and he's seriously terrifying because he looks unstoppable.

LiLi.
04-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Sakura Haruno. Her punches looks terrifying and painful D;

nekosenshi
04-11-2009, 01:15 PM
The Homnoculi (is that how you spell it?) from FMA were pretty scary.

Wolfwood
04-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Sakura Haruno. Her punches looks terrifying and painful D;
lol, I think she's scary for a different reason ^^;
The term "Ball-buster" comes to mind O_o;... ... ... oww...

Jagan Eye
04-11-2009, 02:33 PM
I don't think I've seen too many terrifying anime characters.

Shishio from Rurouni Kenshin since he was quite scary to look at.

Homunculus from FMA just because of how creepy and horrible they were. And I think Gluttony is the scariest since he actually eats you.

sataned
04-11-2009, 02:56 PM
honestly the following creature i am about to mention didnt really scare nor do i think its scary, it just creeped me out really bad!
i dont know if any of you have seen Serial Expiraments Lain, but in the later episodes theres some like alien that keeps appearing (aliens creep me out) also that Crazy Suicidal Scientist dude in the wired that comes out , he looks pretty scary i guess...

Diocletian
04-11-2009, 08:03 PM
The characters from Higurashi (even though I didn't finish the series), and if I could include a manga character, everyone from Suehiro Maruo. I mean Sue makes kids kill their dad on accident. (https://insomnia.liquidweb.com/~samehat/comics/sensha/comic005.jpg)

animesnob
04-11-2009, 09:19 PM
There's plenty out there. So name a character and give your reason as to why you would choose them.
Maybe we can find someone new to fear who'll make the devil look about as scary as that coat in your closet that you thought was a monster ~_^

For me i had a hard time choosing. From Alucard from Hellsing, to Hellgirl, or even The gods of death themselves from Deathnote (although they're more funny then anything :P)
But hands down i give it to Balalaika from Black Lagoon. No evil superpowers here, nor horns or pointy tails. Just one women who looks like she could rule the world if given the slightest oppotunity O_o...
You get on her bad side, and you won't be alive for much longer. Simple as that ^^;

Alucard is a formidable foe, but I never thought of him as being terrifying. I guess that's because he's a good guy. I'll tell you who's really terrifying, Gaara from Naruto. I wouldn't want to meet that guy in a dark alley, or anywhere else. He might try to lay his sand coffin jutsu on me, and that would be that.

FuriKuriFishy
04-12-2009, 02:17 AM
Kotonoha Katsura from School Days.
She cut you!!!
And level 4 Akuma from D.Gray-Man. Damn that thing creeps the hell outta me.

Amray The II
04-12-2009, 08:59 AM
Although, i do wonder who was the first true creepy lil' girl that started it all... i think it'd be Alice from Alice in wonderland :P
There's some great spooky stories involving her ^^

"Alice" is a true heroine! One of the greatest! She is not strange herself, although the things that she dreams of are, but that is to be expected as she is simply a bored little girl with lots of time in hand.

rikumi
04-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan. My favourite graphic-violence-creating-angel.

I once had her as an avatar =3

blackrosetwilight
04-12-2009, 11:04 AM
Nope this is the most terrorfying of all please check it out no words can describe it oh and its from wasshio macademi
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azkXzUY3nN8

Neddog
04-12-2009, 11:41 AM
I would say Lala from To Love-Ru is the most terrifying character ever. I mean, all the people from planet Deviluke are freakin' scary! o_O They're devilish, violent, and hell-bent on takeover and destruction. *shivers*

The new Pandora Hearts series seems to be putting out some pretty terrifying characters... I also liked the puppet master on Kuroshitsuji. I could probably name more, but I forget older animes I've watched. My mind is always full of all the new episodes. :D

Crystal Rain
04-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Men Ryuk use to scared the crap outta me.
I wasn't watching Death Note at the time.
I would wake up in the mid of the night and turn
to cartoon network. Death Note would be on and
they Ryuk. I though I would have nightmares. lol

AyumuKagami
04-15-2009, 09:29 PM
The two scariest characters for me in animes are Kotonoha and Sekai from School Days because that is how alot of girls in real life could act. The scariest part is i know alot of girls around me who act just like them. After watching the anime i was so flippn causious about talking to them and being alone with them when there was some form of sharp object around.

Neddog
04-16-2009, 01:18 AM
Another one I just thought of were the bad guys from Claymore. I haven't seen that show forever, so I can't remember any names. Or how about the hawk dude from Beserk, in his final transformation? :D

StabWound
04-16-2009, 01:46 AM
Johan Liebert from Monster. He's portrayed as this ultimate evil and is often referred to as the next Adolf Hitler.

The fact that he's one of the more realistic villains in anime also adds to it.

Neddog
04-16-2009, 01:47 AM
Johan Liebert from Monster. He's portrayed as this ultimate evil and is often referred to as the next Adolf Hitler.

Good call! Monster was such an awesome series...

In0kz
04-16-2009, 01:54 AM
well she's not really scary just freaky but Kurumi Sahana from sundome. well Hideo Aiba is quite wierd too.

Gjallarhorn
04-16-2009, 02:33 AM

I'd actually think the primary villian, Friend, in Urasawa's next series, 20th Century Boys was much more terrifying. He reached a level of deception and working in the shadows that you don't really see in anime, to the point of taking out political and religious leaders, installing himself in their place, and taking over the world by captivating the population with fear of the hero, whom he framed for genocide done by his own hand. Oh, and his mass of crazed cult members which went borderline military.

JhonlVlason
05-16-2009, 05:25 PM
i think the hayate from hyate the combat butler is the most freaky peac of **** ever known i mean i craped my pants from one epesode

Akatsuki_Gurl
05-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Rena from Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni. She scares the crap out of me O.O

Neddog
05-16-2009, 06:56 PM
The most terrifying character of all would have to go to Shimura Tae (Otae), Shinpachi's sister on Gintama. o_O

She's particularly terrifying in the kitchen, or whenever she shows this face:

http://www.simon-p.com/animeblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/gintama-77/Large/Gintama_77_Large-42.png

ZeroFox
05-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Hamtaro. The cuteness terrifies me. And is awesome at the same time.

Taikutsu_Remedy
05-16-2009, 08:02 PM
Yui from K-On.

How could one body contain so much stupid???

Ashminigun
05-17-2009, 09:06 AM
Most probably Yakushiji Tenzen from Basilisk. Cruel, cunning, manipulative, has a sadistic tendencies to see his enemies dies in most suffering way possible. Not to mention having unholy power of resurrection and immortality.

Heinekenrana
05-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Shou Tucker, from FMA. Anyone who could, and would do that to their own child in order to achieve their own goals terrifies me.

.Tatty.
05-18-2009, 08:45 AM
Mr Pink Haro

(from gundam SEED)

*cowers in the corner* dont hurt me mr pink ;-;

Aizen-sama
05-18-2009, 09:47 AM
balalaika and revy from black lagoon.revy is super nonfearing death..cool insane crazy cool..and balalaika is virgin mary with a gun

also Ai enma from jigoku choujou,barragan rank 1 espada from bleach he is death personified:eek:

Zrow
05-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Otoya Hidehiko from Akikan... Scary... Just watch it... Still have nightmares...

Rem Nightfall
05-18-2009, 07:43 PM

I agree with this. :)

agiup
05-19-2009, 01:35 AM
the royal sichibukai in one piece

.Tatty.
05-19-2009, 01:44 AM
seriously look at mr pink Dx

how can you not be scared >_<

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j57/shadow_pr0phet/mrpinkharocopy.jpg

Nyaoe
05-19-2009, 03:26 AM
You're gonna make fun of me but I think it's Shuichi Shindou from Gravitation.

His cute-weird-happy-sad-freaky-wee-woo-I-don't-know-weather-moods just scare me. And annoy too.

HawthorneHart_Miss_Misa
05-19-2009, 05:20 AM
Ryuk :P

.Tatty.
05-19-2009, 05:22 AM
ryuks a pussy cat ;D

a creepy pusscat albeit

HawthorneHart_Miss_Misa
05-19-2009, 05:35 AM
lol

but just imagine seeing him in real life!!

I'll be like...whoa! then faint*

IcePriestess
05-19-2009, 07:42 AM
The only one most terrifying is Gaara from Naruto. ( However I like Gaara :D:D as the other terrifying characters)http://media.animegalleries.net/albums/Naruto/gaara/naruto_gaara0043.jpg

B Gundam
05-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Gaara? C'mon we've all seen worse (unless you only have bleachnarutard mainstream stuff to compare).

If we're talking about terrifying, I rather distance from emovillains, misunderstood Saucegay Rivals (Saucegay = The correct English pronunciation of 'Sasuke' in dubs) and gothic lolitas/"cute twisted females" who work with the overused cute/pretty <=> gruesome contrast to cosmetically boost the effect. Characters who are simply tomboyish and "beat you up/kill you when you get on their bad side" (Otae, Sakura, Naru) are just tsundere moe and not truely terrifying. Also, I do not see "unsuccessfully evil" characters as terrifying. As twisted as their personality may be displayed, people who probably fail at stealing Pikachu from Ash just aren't terrifying.

Just compare Gaara with sicks and see which death you'd prefer if forced to choose :P

Gaara (emovillain type): Kills you without provocation if given the chance by crushing you in sand to make himself feel alive because of some childhood trauma (aka misunderstood kiddie with sad past emo type evil)

Sicks (definition of evil villain type): Makes people saw their own bodies open with a saw. If you refuse, he will kill your family (which you can see through a monitor) and kill you by peeling off your skin with his hands. While you saw yourself open, he tells your family you abandoned them so you see them hate you in your last moments, then he kills them before your eyes just before you finally die from that rusty saw going through your innards over and over again. Charming isn't it? (Pointless evil, for the sake of harming others and enjoying it, also known as the the true form of 'evil')

even if they both kill you, I for my part am sure who to fear more.
http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/8269/gentle.jpg

I do second Johan Liebert from monsters as a great villain character, he gets complexness and depth bonus.

Further terrifying villains up the list (including my example):

Sicks (Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro):
Neuro, an evil sadistic demon from Hell fights him... as the *good* guy.

Sicks and an own subordinate. Knowing that it can only go worse when refusing Sicks, he does obey.
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/1045/watchyoudie.jpg

Dio Brando (Manly Jojo's Manly Bizarre Manly Adventures of Manliness. Manly.):
Most villains 'kick the dog', he incinerates the dog. Literally. Those who only watched the Jojo OVA with the 3rd arch probably don't know how twisted Dio can be (aside of the "drive" scene). Dio in his later life is much less active in being cruel to people, not because he is nice, but rather because people have become too insignificant to him to care about, somewhat like ants on the pavement.

This scene is very famous in Japan, and has various spoofs in memes (like Nyoro~n meme)
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8245/howmanybreads.jpg

Dong Zhuo (The Ravages of Time):
A tyrant with garrrrrrrr, not twisted evil, but reckless powerful evil like tyrants should be.

Dong Zhuo, forcing an infant to ride a chariot with spiked wheels over people'd heads.
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/8557/roadofaruler.jpg

Dakki Sou (Houshin Engi aka Soul Hunter):
She's pretty! She's Popular! She cooks your own children for you to eat! She's Hot! She- wait what was the third part again? Though certainly using the contrast trick, she isn't doing the cheeky "posing in blood" or "licking the blade of your scythe", rather letting deeds speak for her evil.

After the prince could resist Dakki's manipulation, she decides to have him killed, cooked into meatbuns and served to his own father as dinner.
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/6155/forcedtoeathisson.jpg

yakman1692
05-19-2009, 03:26 PM
I'm definately gonna have to second Sicks, I've never even heard of the manga, but those panels were enough to freak me out.

Brandandy
05-19-2009, 04:58 PM
I think Light/Kira from Death Note is pretty disturbing....:unsure:

.Tatty.
05-19-2009, 06:37 PM
I think Light/Kira from Death Note is pretty disturbing....:unsure:

not in the good way Dx

anyway mr pink

everyone admit he's the most terrifying thing in exsisitence Dx

Dead rose
05-20-2009, 01:36 AM
the chiropterans and chevaliers from blood+ in their "transformed" forms look creepy

_Freddie_
05-20-2009, 08:28 PM
I know it's an oldish anime but I cannot believe nobody has said 'Legato Bluesummers'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTU94wWHm1k

Sure, it did not show it in graphic detail, but he just made a guy rip open his own chest and crush his own heart.

ALSO: I'd be scared of anyone dressed like that.

animesnob
05-20-2009, 10:01 PM
A lot of the cast from Elfen Lied. My favourite one, the little girl in the wheelchair, was really cute and all but I would not exactly like to walk into her in a dark and gloomy atmosphere. She could kill me before I blinked. Although if we met and became friends, that would be better.

You're talking about Mariko. Yes, she's scary, but I don't know, I think Lucy is scarier even though Mariko roughed her up near the end of the series.

KawaiiKurochan
05-27-2009, 07:12 AM
Tsunade? one flick of her finger, i might be able to reach pluto :P