PDA

View Full Version : Openings/Endings/Previews.

Pseudonym
04-03-2009, 11:03 AM
In an anime, do you watch the openings, endings or previews?

For me, I watch the openings and endings once and then I will fast forward for the next episode and the episodes after that. However, if there is a new opening or ending, I will watch it and then repeat the process from earlier.
As for the previews, I watch all of them. This way it gives me an idea on what to expect for the next episode.

JIMBO.
04-03-2009, 11:10 AM
depends on the anime, but then again I dont watch that much since I like manga better.

RJ169
04-03-2009, 11:46 AM
once in awhile i watch them but it gets annoying just watching them over and over

Furevor
04-03-2009, 11:50 AM
For me, I watch the openings and endings once and then I will fast forward for the next episode and the episodes after that. However, if there is a new opening or ending, I will watch it and then repeat the process from earlier.

I tend to do the same unless its an OP or ED that i really like, e.g. Clannad and Clannad Afterstory Openings, a couple of the Naruto openings, Clannad's ending and Ichigo 100% ending.
As for the previews, I don't watch them, I prefer to be - to some extent - surprised by the content of each episode =)

Brandandy
04-03-2009, 04:00 PM
In an anime, do you watch the openings, endings or previews?

As for the previews, I watch all of them. This way it gives me an idea on what to expect for the next episode.

I do the same thing :).

tsujigiri15
04-03-2009, 04:10 PM
I often watch the 'next time' sections, as they have a bit of humour in them sometimes.

If I am marathoning, or watching more than one episode, I may watch the op of the 1st one and the ending of the last, but I generally either find them annoying after the first time, or find myself getting impatient to find out what happens next. The only exception is lucky star, which I watched the op to every time, cos of the slow pace of the episodes, and the insanely catchy ending.

I must say in general Im a sucker for skipping the opening and ending in general, unless its one I really like (such as the cowboy bebop ones, or azumanga daioh)

Diocletian
04-03-2009, 06:14 PM
If the op/ed is good but most aren't so..

For anime like Familiar of Zero where the next episode thing is like...important I watch it. Otherwise it's a waste of cells.

Memento Mori
04-03-2009, 07:01 PM
The only opening I would watch multiple times was the opening for Cowboy Bebop because it wasn't stereotypical anime opening.

Oh, and Blood+ had some cool ones that caught my interest (lol I typed internet the fist time).

So, yeah, I pretty much skip most openings and endings.

ichigoangel06
04-09-2009, 11:52 AM
i usually like to watch the anime opening^^i like openings^^ i don't really watch the previews^^ i like it when i don't know what's going to happen in the next people^^:p sometimes i also watch the ending if the song is good^^:p

Haoie
04-10-2009, 04:41 AM
Previews: Always

The rest: If the song's good.

sa5m
04-11-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm the same as Pseudonym. My first time watching the anime, I watch the op and ed, but for the rest of the episodes, I fast forward. Unless it's a really good one.
I don't always watch the previews... I kind of like the next episode to be a surprise.

Nariel
04-12-2009, 11:12 AM
If I like an opening or ending, I'll watch it for every episode, but if its only OK, then I watch it a few times, and then skip it for the rest of the time that it's the opening/ending.

Van of the Dawn
04-14-2009, 09:47 AM
I always watch he beginnings even if they annoy me :D but I think Gun x Sword has an amazing opening theme song so I really don't mind.

Seņor Nobody
04-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Only if they're amusing and don't drag on forever.

AyumuKagami
04-16-2009, 10:48 AM
I am alot more interested in watching the openings of animes rather than the endings because for me and the animes i have seen the openings are almost always better than the endings. If i am in a hurry i will skip the openings of the animes. Usually i have had it with an episode when the ending comes around because i am ready for the next episode. The majority of my anime watching happens online so i have already half loaded up the other episode so i dont waste time watching the endings.

Cobra Commander
04-19-2009, 11:00 PM
If I like it, I'll let it play more often than not. I generally don't watch credits and ending sequences, though, unless I'm looking for a name or song title.

I find that the "previews" or recaps on shows annoy me. I love me some Star Trek, and they do that a lot, but it seems to depend on the network. I haven't seen it on the west coast, but when I lived in NY and MD it was common.