PDA

View Full Version : Sailor Moon & Fushigi Yuugi Wallpapers

Katrina Kadabra
11-24-2003, 12:00 AM
Okay, I didn't want to take up four posts, and I've actually done a lot of wallpapers with hopes of getting them on this site, but this is the first chance I've had to get feedback. So, let me know what you all think. (I couple of these I have on my site already.)

Sailor Moon:
Sailor Moon SuperS Cast (http://www.katrinasforest.com/Pictures/SMCastWallpaper.jpg)

Protect Our Princess (http://www.katrinasforest.com/Pictures/PrincessWallpaper.jpg)

Fushigi Yuugi:
Yui Hongo (http://www.katrinasforest.com/Pictures/Yuiwallpaper.jpg)

Tomo (http://www.katrinasforest.com/Pictures/TomoWallpaper.jpg)

kadaan
11-24-2003, 02:27 AM
The first one is a nice wallpaper, sorta same-old-thing for Sailor Moon but nice nonetheless.

The second one I don't really like. The rainbow drop shadow is cool, but I don't really like the text. The lighting on the four pictures works well except for the top-left, where it seems to cut her face in two. I think the main reason I don't care too much for it because with all the colors, there's no focus picture.

I really like the Yui wallpaper. I love how you have her face un-filtered but the rest of her body blends in to the background. The only thing I would suggest is to add some of her hair to the non-filtered spot, maybe up to near the top of her forehead.

The fourth one is ok, but seems too cliche for me. Cut-out image in left-hand side with a very blatant outer-glow and a fuzzy background image. Try add a little spice and character to the background or something...

Overall you're doing a good job, welcome to the forums!

MistressPookyChan
11-24-2003, 03:02 AM
1) like the background (galaxies are cool!) and the shimmer on the wand thing. Not bad for a sailor moon wall.

2) I'm not digging the font, but I like the color effects

3) The concept is neat, but I dont like the background. Maybe it's just too bland than what I am used to. More color, perhaps?

4) I like it! the dragon is a good touch. Yeah, it's pretty basic, but it's a good start. Maybe needs more added to it.

Katrina Kadabra
11-24-2003, 09:11 AM
The galaxy actually came with the image, if you can believe that. I had to work at it to smooth it out, and it also came up a bit too short to fill the space, so I added some more background. I think I'll leave this one as is.

Protect Our Princess just started with me playing in Photoshop. I only decided to turn it into a wallpaper later, but since it was made as a horizontal picture, it didn't fit the wallpaper thing too well I guess. :rolleyes:

I might be able to add something with Seiryu in the background. Or Miaka - that would be a nice contrast. I'll try it out. Thanks for the input.

Hmm... I had Tomo's name with a shadow effect on it earlier, but it seemed even more cliche so I took it off. I'll see what I can do about adding another character, but I'm worried it will just make the wallpaper too busy. Any other suggestions for what to add?

onslaught2029
11-24-2003, 10:19 AM
For the lens filter on the first one, since the rest of the wall is blue, try using the blue lens filter. It may look better, but its your call. Its a very good wall.

For #4, the glow is too big and alittle plain if that makes sense. Try putting the glow on a separate layer and use the Liquify filter on it or something like that to give it some style. The dragon is very cool, i am a big fan of dragons. Good work.

Kewii
11-24-2003, 04:18 PM
I like the wallpapers, especially the Yui one.

My only concern is with the second Sailormoon one.

A big thing for me with wallpapers is being able to find my icons without a problem to open up my programs.
I'm not sure if that would be too busy for an easy viewing or not.

Its jsut something i like to keep in mind

wizz-o-matic
11-25-2003, 03:16 AM
1. nice bg!

2. I like it. But the text should be moved more to right.

3. Nice koncept, i like the bg, but try not to make that efect on the charatcter!

4. I like the dragon but seems to blurry - try to retuch it in some way!

PS. Can you post the pics that you used in the last wp (bg - the dragon). I've been serching all over the net for some good pics of dragons but stil haven't found anything like this. Onegai!

_hades the wicked
11-26-2003, 09:43 PM
#1) Nice, but the lense flare is what I don't really like about it... Try blue lense if you really want to use that.

#2) Very nice, but I don't totally like the text... Maybe because of that rainbow-ish drop shadow.

#3) The craquelure on the character looks almost nice... Just the way it is it makes you focus her neck, so that should be changed... Make it so the focus will be more her eyes... Now the bg... It should be more random on the background... Right now it's looking too much like a pattern.

#4) Really good, no complaints :)