PDA

View Full Version : Anime that left you...

Teddy2116
03-26-2009, 09:05 AM
Are there any animes that left you thinking "this ending too early, I wanna know more"?

for example, Air Gear, I'm still counting down the days to when they finally say they're are going to complete the series.

Well anyway, which anime/animes left you wanting more and more?

FuriKuriFishy
03-26-2009, 05:33 PM
Oh same here i totally want Air Gear to get going again, it was such a good series. Also D.gray-man, i mean it left of at the best part. Others i thought ended too early were Shuffle, Fruits Basket(even though i could just read the manga), and Kamisama Kazoku.

Sashikizu
03-26-2009, 06:01 PM
The D. Gray man series, and Inuyasha. Granted the manga is still being written/completed. But I still think DGM was beautiful and deserves a true ending to the anime.

tsujigiri15
03-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Fruits Basket(even though i could just read the manga), and Kamisama Kazoku.

Yes, I had the same - it seemed like they missed a lot in the anime, probably the remaining chapters would have been resolvable in a couple of ova's. Felt weird switching to manga for it.

I also think for me school rumble ended too soon - in both anime and manga form - I would have liked to have seen some definite conclusion, even though I know half the fun is guessing and debating the pairings etc.

I think though, that any really good anime which isnt one of the long running (generally) shonen series always leaves you feeling 'damn, there must be more of this - there is still milage to be had here'

Princely Dreaming Doll
03-26-2009, 06:19 PM
I think the anime Zombie Loan needed to be extended. They never payed off their debt and they introduced new enemies, but never finished it.

daft
03-26-2009, 10:14 PM
Berserk and Outlaw Star, for me.

CrystalAce
03-26-2009, 11:46 PM
Well, for the anime that left me thinking "this ending too early, I wanna know more"? I have two anime to name which are Fullmetal Alchemist and Elfen Lied.

Apparantly, the mangas of both of these animes are quite long and detailed while, the animes itself are shortened to an extreme level.

Elfen lied was quite a good anime but it was way too short (just 14 episodes) while it's manga was over 100 chapters. That was a bit dissapointment.

While, Fullmetal alchmist is still an on-going manga, but it's anime was ended abrutly. But still, it's sequel movie was quite good. Anyway, I believe a remake of Fullmetal alchemist is already underway and would be broadcasted after some months. Can't wait for that!

kajikun16
03-26-2009, 11:55 PM
xxxholic and shuffle wish it had more ep or season

*Tsuki*
03-27-2009, 12:21 AM
well, I actually just started watching anime. <.< (I read manga, sorry)
so, I'll just say InuYasha. I'm following the manga now, but the anime's ending was horrid.

johnny46
03-27-2009, 04:09 AM
a very old anime...slam dunk... i got the info with the manga though

Necro'lic Enigma
03-27-2009, 04:16 AM
a very old anime...slam dunk... i got the info with the manga though

Same here , it was one of the best anime i have ever seen. And i truly deeply badly wish that someday they make another season and continue the episodes.
I need to see kaede rukawa for god sake -__-"

Adamec
03-27-2009, 06:07 AM
Without a doubt The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I literally could not believe that they ended such an out of this world (literally) series with Haruhi making a face at Kyon when there was still so much they could do. I know there's talk in the works for a second series, but the first one shouldn't have been so short in the first place.

tsujigiri15
03-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Well, for the anime that left me thinking "this ending too early, I wanna know more"? I have two anime to name which are Fullmetal Alchemist and Elfen Lied.

Apparantly, the mangas of both of these animes are quite long and detailed while, the animes itself are shortened to an extreme level.

While, Fullmetal alchmist is still an on-going manga, but it's anime was ended abrutly. But still, it's sequel movie was quite good. Anyway, I believe a remake of Fullmetal alchemist is already underway and would be broadcasted after some months. Can't wait for that!

Actually, I sorta agree with FMA. Though I thought the prevalent current story arc worked out well in the anime with the movie thrown in - there were things I would have liked explored. Only minor things - mostly to do with character subplots. But I think if they had included them as fillers in the current series, it would have lost some of its appeal for me. I mean I liked the quick moving plot - pace is something I find some anime lacks, so keeping the series cropped did work to an extent.

But yes, with all those characters and a very intersting world, there should have been more

Fingers crossed for the new one!

Teddy2116
03-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Without a doubt The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. I literally could not believe that they ended such an out of this world (literally) series with Haruhi making a face at Kyon when there was still so much they could do. I know there's talk in the works for a second series, but the first one shouldn't have been so short in the first place.

I believe the second season is coming out in april (not to sure at the moment) but yes it ended WAYYYYYY too early

Magical Soul
03-27-2009, 08:40 AM
I've never stopped watching an Anime that i started...

Teddy2116
03-27-2009, 08:53 AM
I've never stopped watching an Anime that i started...

lol i didn't mean it like that

Magical Soul
03-27-2009, 08:54 AM
Sugar....Sorry that's how i interpreted it....And yes i didn't like how Suzuka ended so quickly..

Teddy2116
03-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Sugar....Sorry that's how i interpreted it....And yes i didn't like how Suzuka ended so quickly..

LOL it was 24 episodes, that the usual length of any anime series

Magical Soul
03-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Ok then i hate how Yamibou ended so quickly...Hmph..

Teddy2116
03-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Ok then i hate how Yamibou ended so quickly...Hmph..

LOL that was epic man

Magical Soul
03-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Yeah that is true...Yuri is good anyway though.

Ize
03-27-2009, 09:44 AM
Battle Angel Alita

still waiting...

DarkMoonPrince
03-27-2009, 09:48 AM
for me it would be something like Outlaw Star, I don't think it had enough episodes.

Princely Dreaming Doll
03-28-2009, 01:56 AM
Oh and an anime called Junjou Romantica...needs more episodes.

Brandandy
03-28-2009, 12:42 PM
I want to see more of Rumbling Hearts, Project A-ko, and Ranma 1/2. They ended too soon for me.

Saikoro
03-28-2009, 01:02 PM
Death Note really dissapointed me. I thought they would at least start a new series with Light as a shinigami, but nope.

Zenga
03-28-2009, 01:10 PM
Death Note really dissapointed me. I thought they would at least start a new series with Light as a shinigami, but nope.

I thought so too. I had hoped they'd also put up an alternate ending.
*sigh*
Tsugumi Ohba-san really disappionted me...

Teddy2116
03-30-2009, 09:25 AM
I want to see more of Rumbling Hearts, Project A-ko, and Ranma 1/2. They ended too soon for me.

Ranma 1/2 had like 4 seasons lol but yes i agree it did ended a little too early for my taste

Shinn Kamiyra
03-30-2009, 11:51 AM
Anime that've ended too soon... what a list. x.X

First up is Full Metal Alchemist, as so many others here have already said. Now, while I'll be the last to say that the anime itself wasn't good, 'cause it most certainly was; it just didn't give off that smash bang ending that really sticks in your mind. Now the movie, while good, still didn't register in my mind as any sort of real conclusion. There were just so many possibles and unanswered questions at the end that it had me going "argh" at the thought of it all.

Regardless, we've got the remake of the series, supposedly staying far more true to the actual manga line, coming out this week. So here's hoping that the second try will surpass the first.

Second on my list is Gurren Lagann. 'Freaking awesome anime, if I've ever seen one. From beginning to near end, it just kept me on the edge of my seat, wondering what was going to happen next. But, right at the end, it just seemed to curve off my expectations and end it off on a somewhat sour note. I mean, how can you just expect a man who saves the whole universe to turn to the path of a complete loner who does nothing but travel the world for most of his adult life? So much more could've been done to end off this otherwise most awesome of animes the way it should've been.

Third up and running on my list is Spiral, otherwise known in manga form as "Spiral: The Bonds of Reasoning". Now, while not quite as much on par with the first two in terms of sheer action and awesomeness, it had a mysterious air and quality about it that keeps someone watching it. In this particular anime's case, it just completely steered off midway and made the rest of its run, including the ending, feel like a filler arc that left pretty much all questions unanswered. I mean not even the beginning stayed true to the manga; which, in my opinion, set the storyline off in a much better way. And after having read the manga for as far as I have, I just have to give a big thumbs down to whatever moron decided to take Spiral the way that he/she did.

Fourth on my list is DBZ; or rather, in actuality, DBGT. DBGT, in my personal opinion... complete waste of money and time. Not only do I think that even the original Dragonball series itself outshines this supposed arc, the fights themselves were such a bore to the eye that I could barely stand to watch them after a while. -Sigh- Alright, now that I've gotten that out of my system, I'd like to get back on track and say how DBZ should've ended in my opinion. Personally, I think they should've just cut out the Majin Buu saga and ended it with the Cell saga. When I say this, I mean that they should've revamped the end of the Cell saga; which, was still awesome. Not to mention the truth that faithful viewers wouldn't have had to go through the trauma of watching Teen Gohan turn into a complete wuss in the Buu saga. I mean, after you watch the little kid who was the first to turn into such a badass SSJ2 into such a weak guy, both in mind and body, it just leaves a bad taste in your mouth for the rest of the series.

M'kay... let's see. Ah, next, of course, is Gundam Seed Destiny. Now, while I admit that I haven't actually had the chance to watch the end of this particular series yet, I have heard by far too much about it already to know that it just wasn't all that it could've been.

Sixth on the list is Shakugan No Shana II. As to the reasons why, well... perhaps it'll be better to make a list:

1.) We never heard Shana actually confess her feelings to Yuji when he could hear them. -_- I mean, come on. That whole not being able to hear her thing at the end of the first season just had me throwing my pillow against the TV. And then, after we spend however many episodes listening to Shana say that she's going to reconfess, she never does. What is up with that?

2.) No real conclusion as to the situation surrounding Pheles and Johann. It was just left waiting in the wind. Seriously, the only two characters in the whole series that we actually see kiss, and we get nothing at the end.

3.) No final battle between Shana, Wilhelmina, and Sabrac. I mean, talk about a seriously vicious opponent that takes our whole crew to the brink of destruction; we find out that he's alive, and he just vanishes into the shadows like the shadowy character that he is.

I could go on... but, I think you get the basic jist of it from this.

Ah; well... while there are certainly more animes to be credited for their lack of a superb ending, I think this will do for today.

On one last note. Just once, sometime in the future, I'd like to see just an overall kickass anime with a superb ending to go with it. How many times must we faithful viewers keep on getting disappointed with the endings? Is there noone out there that can make a decent ending anymore? x.X

GrimStride™
03-30-2009, 01:18 PM

I totally agree.They really just hacked the ending away so to speak , just killing off Light so quickly

Miss Moonlight
03-30-2009, 05:37 PM
I'd love to see more Project A-ko! that was one of the best anime in the 80's, and still is today (in my opinion. =D)

I haven't seen it all, so I haven't even seen the official ending yet.