PDA

View Full Version : ADV thin box sets

Noskee88
03-22-2009, 11:43 PM
ok so yea whats up with the adv thin box sets coming with no bonus features is anybody else kinda ticked by this? :banghead:

Gjallarhorn
03-22-2009, 11:47 PM
ok so yea whats up with the adv thin box sets coming with no bonus features is anybody else kinda ticked by this? :banghead:

It's just a means by which they are saving money. The anime industry here in the US has taken a pretty good hit over the last few years.

JIMBO.
03-23-2009, 07:57 AM
I just got the one adv boxset and thats bubble gum crisis 2040 as for extra's it had a bunch the rest are viz and mvm or pionner

Doom85
03-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Actually, recent and all upcoming boxsets from ADV will have the extras intact, like the recent Full Metal Panic Heavy Collection (has the original and FUMUFFO in it). HOWEVER, I wish they would go back to the extras-less thinpacks, because these new versions are WORSE. Instead of separating the discs, they have this bizzare packaging that stacks the discs all on top of each other regardless of how many there are. Full Metal Panic's used 6, and they were all on top of each other, and my friend was VERY upset when he bought it and found out. This just screams "easily scratched discs" and is probably the worst DVD packaging I've ever seen.

Gee thanks, ADV, I know you guys are hurting, but this is ridiculous. If this is what it takes for us to get the extras back, then don't, because scratched discs are not a suitable cost. Honestly, if fans need the extras that bad (and not all ADV series had that many extras to begin with), they can buy the original boxset.

Diocletian
03-23-2009, 05:57 PM
I haven't bought anything from ADV in a while so can't say I am. ADV along with Nozomi Ent. are some of the poorest anime companies. I saw one of their reports on ANN a while ago and it was terrible. FUNI of course being on top.

If I was you I'd buy as much of the Geneon anime as you can. Places like rightstuf still sell them and they come with features, posters, etc.

JIMBO.
03-23-2009, 07:01 PM
most of the Geneon stuff comes out on the mvm dvd's over here

Noskee88
03-23-2009, 09:59 PM
alot of their stuff i have a hard time finding especialy the essential anime collection lol i think its my location