PDA

View Full Version : Scenario

Zenga
03-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Alright, you wake up in the woods in the middle of nowhere and you can see a water bottle, a can of gasoline, a knife, and a fire blanket next to you. Suddenly, a fire erupts and surrounds you and a bear emerges from the brush. It's in pain and it decides to take it's pain out on you: What do you do?

Me, I'd douse the knife in gasoline, make it catch fire, and kill the bear, trying to evade it's attacks. Then, Id take the water bottle, and pour the water on me and then cover myself with the fire blanket and make a hasty escape.

What would you do?

tsujigiri15
03-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Hmm interesting one...

I would douse the fire blanket with the water, and run through the thickest part of the flames, so the bear couldnt follow. The wet blanket would protect me better than it dry right? If I was thinking fast I might puncture the can of gasoline with my knife and drop it behind me, to further deter the bear...

Actually, I would probably panic and simply get mauled by the damned bear

CrystalAce
03-20-2009, 12:01 PM
Alright, you wake up in the woods in the middle of nowhere and you can see a water bottle, a can of gasoline, a knife, and a fire blanket next to you. Suddenly, a fire erupts and surrounds you and a bear emerges from the brush. It's in pain and it decides to take it's pain out on you: What do you do?

Me, I'd douse the knife in gasoline, make it catch fire, and kill the bear, trying to evade it's attacks. Then, Id take the water bottle, and pour the water on me and then cover myself with the fire blanket and make a hasty escape.

What would you do?

Your plan of escape is one of the most logical one...though, fighting a huge bear with a puny knife:samurai: (even if it's on fire) is purely suicidal.

So, instead I would throw the gasoline at the bear, make it burn:flaming: and also aim & throw the knife at it.

Regardless of whether it dies or not, I would find enough time to soak my body with little water (a bottle?) and wear the fire blanket and escape from that place leaving the bear trap or dead within the circle of fire.

After that... it's meat time,...:slurp: ...

*The End*

Eris
03-20-2009, 01:58 PM
Your best option is not to provoke the bear. In most cases, bears won't attack you unless you make it (or it's really hungry, but that is very rare). The fire will probably scare it away if you don't start stabbing it with a knife or something stupid like that. After that, you can put the fire out, figure out where you are, and go home.

Amray The II
03-20-2009, 03:03 PM
My method would be to throw everything at the bear, which is realistcally what I would do whilst in a panic. Then I would throw the fire blanket on one part of the fire, jump across, then pick it up behind me hoping that the fire underneath did not fully perish. If it does, which is possible, then I would die. I'll take my chance, plus the bear is already injured leaving it at a great disadvantage from the beginning.

DOOM!
03-20-2009, 05:29 PM
First, I would wash my hands and face, from sleeping on the ground, with the gasoline (it's a great detergent). I bet I'll be damn thirsty, so I'll drink all the water in the bottle. Then I'll use the knife to cut the blanket to shreds, so it will be easier to dispose of (never leave your garbage lying around). And finally, I'd use the bear as a battering ram against the firewalls.

Saint Seiya
03-20-2009, 05:37 PM
i wake up and realize that it was all a dream :)

ichimoku_fanboy
03-20-2009, 07:42 PM
of all the logical solutions i can come up with, id prbly end up freaking out and run like hell leaving all my stuff behind, and knowing my luck id trip before i even moved 5 feet xD