PDA

View Full Version : like the pillows...

sataned
03-20-2009, 02:31 AM
Hey i was just wondering if you Jrock fans could recommend me some Jbands similar to The Pillows... i could spend all day searching for bands, but id rather just get it strait from people who know the genre of music...
i would greatly appreciate it...

PS: Black Sheep is my fav song at the moment... i have no clue what hes saying but i feel the song :closedeye
the song that turned me on to this band was Thank you, my twilight & like the other 40% of pillows fans, all of the FLCL songs

Teddy2116
03-20-2009, 02:42 AM
The one that did the FLCL soundtrack right??
If so yea i like them my fav song is Ride on a Shooting Star

Gjallarhorn
03-20-2009, 02:23 PM
Bands like the Pillows? If you're refering to FLCL, I'll assume you meant the sound they had in the late 90s and early 00s, as they have become more mellowed out since then.

1. The Predators - A side project of Sawao (Pillows Vocalist), along with Jiro of GLAY, and Shinpei of Straightener. It started because Sawao and Jiro are big fans of Nirvana, and they did a few Nirvana covers together. They decided to go forward with it from there, and Shinpei got in on it. They're released 2 EPs, and their sound is like a mix of The Pillows and Nirvana.

2. Bump of Chicken - At current they don't sound as much like the Pillows as they used to, but if you go back to 2000-2004, you can hear a bit of the same style, especially on the Flame Vein album (2004).

3. Base Ball Bear - a band formed a few years ago, but that has seen a large sprout in popularity since they released a split album with Bacon in 2005. They sound a bit like the pillows in some songs.

4. Sparta Locals - They've been around for a while, so they have a fairly varying sound. Occasionally the have songs with are reminiscient of The Pillows.

5. Galileo Galilei - A fairly new band that has just started gaining popularity, they. They're still in highschool, all 17, except the drummer, who is 15. They are a very skilled band who undeniably take influence from The Pillows and Bump of Chicken.