PDA

View Full Version : Regrets?

NovaStar
03-19-2009, 11:20 PM
Has there ever been an Anime that you regretted Purchasing?(I say Purchasing becuse you actually LOSE something) I've regretted a few of mine, but i'm curious is there anyone else out there that's like me?

My Regrets are: Divergence Eve and Grenadier.

kajikun16
03-19-2009, 11:54 PM
i think none for me

rikumi
03-20-2009, 12:07 AM
Anime/Manga series...none.

The only thing anime/manga-related that I regretted purchasing is my Yu-Gi-Oh deck. It's not in trend now, so I just thought that I was somewhat brainless to purchase it before.
Besides, last time I remembered, I need 4 value cards to trade with an ultimate card...(rules among the players in our area) and I lost 16 cards in total, in exchange for 4 limited editions. It's not worthy. [Screw that rule-!]

Princely Dreaming Doll
03-20-2009, 01:02 AM
A manga series that I regret buying and investing time in is and will always be Fruits Baskets.

Doom85
03-20-2009, 08:26 AM
What's wrong with Fruits Basket? :(

Only one for me was Final Fantasy Unlimited. It was mediocre (not completely bad, though), and I could have easily have borrowed the boxset from my friend instead of buying it, though knowing there's a Final Fantasy anime out there and not having it in my collection would have drove my "collector" personality nuts. Everything else I've ranked "good" to "near perfect", even if a few of the "good" ones are personal guilty pleasures.

tsujigiri15
03-20-2009, 09:13 AM
A manga series that I regret buying and investing time in is and will always be Fruits Baskets.

I agree - though I did enjoy the series, I dont think it lived up to its reputation.

For me, I regret getting the FMA movie - sure I enjoyed it, but not as much as the series proper, and I certainly wont want to rewatch for a while. So I would rather have rented that I think, and brought some of the series (which I borrowed).

Ah well, you learn through mistakes eh?

Magical Soul
03-20-2009, 09:39 AM
Leaving Megan the other times....:(

Not this time.....

tsujigiri15
03-20-2009, 09:43 AM

Not this time.....

Lol, glad to hear its going to work this time... seriously good luck!

But I dont know of any anime or manga called 'leaving megan' though it does sound like a catchy title (sorry!)

This is why I like having a few episodes of a series available o.l. though - you can come to a better decision about investing in a series, which is depressingly expensive where I am

Magical Soul
03-20-2009, 09:44 AM
Lol Megan is a girl.....A girl that i love alot i might add....

Princely Dreaming Doll
03-20-2009, 10:41 AM
What's wrong with Fruits Basket?

All right I quite enjoyed the series in the very beginning and I began to invest money into the manga, etc. But when the reveal of Akito's gender was female and the the reveal that Akito was just yet another anime manger jealous bitter woman it became uninteresting. I don't think it was a smart move in the story, I found it a tad cliche and just completely utterly not called for. I think it would have been more unique if Akito remained male and if there was no relationship between Akito and Shigure
And that is why there is a problem with Fruits Baskets, I bought it for it uniqueness and it turned out to be just like any other manga series.

Another series I regret in purchasing manga and anime...Tsubasa Chronicles and Xxxholic.

Amray The II
03-20-2009, 02:54 PM
I have never purchased an anime volume or a film which I did not like, purely by chance. I buy only what sounds appealing to me.

Gjallarhorn
03-20-2009, 07:29 PM
I'll always regret buying the first 3 Chrno Crusade DVDs. I liked it at first, but after a bit, it got old. So they've just been sitting on my shelf for the last several years.

ichimoku_fanboy
03-20-2009, 07:38 PM
prbly gonna get killed for this, but its gotta be Vampire Knight...

my bff's said it was really good, but i just couldnt stand it...

Noskee88
03-22-2009, 11:27 PM
i though final fantasy unlimited was a little to kiddyish of me to buy but it was only 20 bucks for the whole series :laugh:

Diocletian
03-23-2009, 06:01 PM

Not this time.....

Way to not read the OP's post.

Tokyo Majin. I thought it might be good, they told me it wasn't good. I still gave it a shot. I will pay attention from now on.

Wario!!
03-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Hmmmmmmm....
-Samurai Gun
-Mouse
-Sister Princess
-Fobia

Orta Honehone
03-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Welcome to the NHK and Le Chevalier D'Eon...

Athena
03-25-2009, 03:45 PM
I regret buying an Inuyasha DVD. Back then I was fine with it, having a good time with it, etc.

But now that my interest in Anime and Manga have slowly gone down the drain, I regret wasting that money on a DVD I only watched two or three times a couple years ago.
The money could have gone to more useful things.

Zenga
03-25-2009, 03:53 PM
Inuyasha. I don't know what drove me to buy it, but I regret it. I can't believe I paid money to wach fillers.

nekosenshi
03-25-2009, 04:41 PM
I also bought some pointless InuYasha DVDs.

Kojack
03-25-2009, 05:36 PM
I foolishly bought a few manga volumes back when; I regret the purchase of every single one of them. They now sit in a box in the farthest recesses of my closet, never to be seen again.

That money could have gone toward good comic books. (That's right, I said it).

Amarhyllis
04-02-2009, 08:59 AM
Anime wise, I don't have any regrets. It's stuff I've already seen and enjoyed in the past, and that was when anime was super expensive...I didn't have the money to blind buy stuff.

Manga wise, I have some regrets... I regret getting some ecchi stories. Back then, when I was younger, I thought it was funny. But now I just see it as immature and disgusting. I regret spending money on titles like Ai Yori Aoshi and Love Hina. I've been meaning to give them to my brother's girlfriend (that's her forte, not mine anymore) but I always forget when I go visit.
I dunno, maybe I'm just a fuddy-duddy. (that's rhetorical! I don't want answers from the peanut gallery!)

Heinekenrana
04-03-2009, 04:09 PM
Eiken and Blue Gender. Ack, Blue Gender. I'm not sure why I got it. Meh.

tsujigiri15
04-03-2009, 04:27 PM
. I regret spending money on titles like Ai Yori Aoshi and Love Hina.

I guess the whole 'man sees/touches a womans breasts and gets a violent nosebleed/thumped into space' (delete as applicable) formula could get a little repetitive after a while, to say the least.

Actually one the subject of breasts - my friends family had a family amazon account. He proceeded to buy some ero-dvds and forgot to change the card used over to his. When the statement for that month came through, he regretted buying them.