PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Xii

One Winged Angel
11-21-2003, 10:03 PM
Ok some new info has been recently released for FFXII. Apparently the whole thing is going to take place during a great war. This fact alone has me totally excited because many plot twists and character development can progress with the presence of a war.

The new world looks extremely well. It is said that it takes place in the same world as Final Fantasy Tactics, only a different view of it. This piece of information has me excited and worried because it means that Square Enix is continuing to give into fans who want anything they can get from past FF installments (FFX international, FFX-2, and FFVII Advent Children just in case ya don't know), but it also can mean that they may be running out of ideas for future installments.

Now here is the thing that really gets to me. The male lead character is EXTREMELY feminine looking. It's bad enough that I laughed my a$$ off when I first saw the design for Tidus from FFX, but this kid looks horrible. This is just a little bit worse than the female lead. Obviously her clothes were inspired by the designs from FFX-2 (reavealing, in a word)

Well, the rest of the information is easy to find, so tell me what you all think.

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-22-2003, 09:50 AM
Well, a few years ago I declared that I would not play another FF title until they get a non-stereotypical lead (like a Man's Man, or a women who dosen't act like a Spice Girl). Although I haven't seen the pictures yet, from what you say it sounds like they haven't changed their BOOORRRIIIINNNGGG formula.

Uninspired FFXII Info (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q4-2003/112003a.html)

While looking for that info I found other, Stupefying Horrible info on Square Enix's retarded plans. Eleven Remakes. What are they thinking?

Terriffying Square Enix Info (http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q1-2001/012201c.html)

Cloud Strife
11-22-2003, 12:24 PM
i always knew that they'd remake the playstation one ff's. i never lost faith in them ^_^

spider-man-old
11-22-2003, 07:04 PM
wow that makes em very sad...... and wth is the wonder swan?

Manhattan_Project_2000
11-22-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by we are... radditz?@Nov 22 2003, 07:58 PM
wow that makes em very sad...... and wth is the wonder swan?
Hand held system. Think GBA, but Lamer.

/Aifa|
11-23-2003, 04:20 AM
I think Square giving into its fans is another way to satisfy their pockets, since they have a lot of big fans who would buy any little release they make. Squall from FF8 was pretty feminine looking to me, but the game turnt out alright when i played it. But i reckon the war idea is excellent, this might even mean faster gameplay.

As much as i think all these FF remakes and new FF games are repetitive, i'll still play them being a big fan and all. So FF12 better be good, since they say its the last sequel to FF.

Im still waiting to see square release something like... Final Fantasy Mechas!! :blink: That would be the day.

KingFat
12-03-2003, 07:42 PM
i think ff12 is gonna suck donkey because since 7 it went downhill....fast well at least i think so.... ;)

_hades the wicked
12-06-2003, 04:37 PM
I've always loved all FF I've played, and some people may say that it's repetitive and blah blah blah blah... One question is, could you make a "different" plot for 12 games that are from the same sequel? If it is that repetitive, why does it have so many fans? It's not like it's easy to make an RPG that's too different from others... It's like comparing most 3D action games... All the same.

lionx
03-24-2004, 03:01 AM
All FFs have their uniquness, its unfair to call one as sucky and stuff when to another its much better. For me you cant compare each FF from another in the overall.

For me i dunno, he might look fem to you but he looks ok to me, quite unique, makes me want to get the game more. But then again i have different tastes than most. =/ Have to see it to say alot but right now, that guy with the sword drawn really makes me wanna try it out.

Wonderswan was made i think by the person who made Gameboy/Virtual Boy..i think i can be wrong. But in any case it was like GBA, but it doenst have alot of games on it, i think made by SNK area. It does however sport FF1+2 remakes.

oOoKenshinoOo
03-25-2004, 12:16 AM
FF12 won't be that bad. FF8 was OK, and Nine was abomination day. The worst looking character over-all was sora, because "it" seemed to be of BOTH sexs. The revealing thing is to make it sell more, because well, no one is really going for plot lines these days. The plot may get redundant with FF's, but they're all pretty good. It'll be OK, however. Some of the latest square enix titles have SUCKED, HARD. Look at Tactics advance. That lived up to be maybe a third of what the one on playstation was like. Look at unlimited saga, horrid, wretched game. Look at drakengard, it's like dynasty warriors but with less action, and less fun. Look at FF X-2, the charlie's angels re-make with half the clothing.

But all that aside, it won't be THAT bad.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-25-2004, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by lionx@Mar 24 2004, 03:01 AM
Wonderswan was made i think by the person who made Gameboy/Virtual Boy..i think i can be wrong. But in any case it was like GBA, but it doenst have alot of games on it, i think made by SNK area. It does however sport FF1+2 remakes.
Wonderswan is/was a Bandai-Made Handheld. Nintendo makes all the Gameboys, and although they have a lot of stupid marketing ideas, trying to support two similar handhelds at once isn't one of them. Neo Geo Pocket Color was the handheld that was Made/Supported by SNK. Unlike the Wonderswan, Neo Geo Pocket was released in the US. However, no one cared.

Edit: You know I was rereading what I said, when I remembered that Nintendo IS planning to support two similar handhelds at one time. They're supposed to be coming out with this new handheld with a gimmick that's either brilliant-or-Retarded. It has two screens. Its not meant to replace the GBA SP (They're still meaning to do that in the next few years). Stupid Nintendo and they're portable-monopoly. I can't wait for PSP.

SaceGolem2
03-28-2004, 01:57 AM
I would have loved to play this Final Fantasy (despite how girlish the main character looks) but seeing that its online, and my computer can't handle it apparently, i'll never play it. The should have made the online thing an option, not forced..

oOoKenshinoOo
03-28-2004, 07:06 PM
That's ELEVEN, not Twelve....O_o;

lionx
04-06-2004, 01:34 AM
Wonderswan is/was a Bandai-Made Handheld. Nintendo makes all the Gameboys, and although they have a lot of stupid marketing ideas, trying to support two similar handhelds at once isn't one of them.

That isnt what i was saying, Nintendo's head guy that made the Game Boy was fired for making the unsucessful Virtual Boy, he in turn i think got another job, and thats why i thought he, the head guy that made Game Boy(NOT Nintendo), made Wonderswan. I remember reading an article of the guy in a GameInformer magazine, however i dont remember details besides what i said above and that he died in a car crash.

However i do have more respect for Nintendo as a company(not its marketing strategies) since they do have a much better first party software that rarely disappionts me. PS basically bought their way up, something anyone can do.

Princess Mononoke
04-12-2004, 12:16 PM
I wonder if there will be a exotic dancing sidegame for Fran(the bunny eared lady). ^_^

Manhattan_Project_2000
04-12-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Princess Mononoke@Apr 12 2004, 11:16 AM
I wonder if there will be a exotic dancing sidegame for Fran(the bunny eared lady). ^_^
God No. :huh:

One Winged Angel
04-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Princess Mononoke@Apr 12 2004, 11:16 AM
I wouldn't put it past them. I mean they did have some really cheesy dancing type game in FFX-2...