PDA

View Full Version : Sailor Moon

Eris
03-17-2009, 02:54 PM
This thread was inspired by the One Piece (http://www.animeforum.com/showthread.php?t=84074) thread.

If you are lost at sea with no compass, and need to navigate by the sky, what do you use as a reference point?

I would probably use the northern star, as most other reference points move around too much to be of any use.

Baka
03-17-2009, 03:01 PM
I chose Venus because it just makes sense to me. I mean, I'm on Earth and it's a planet, so the best way to navigate would be to use another planet.

Kojack
03-17-2009, 03:43 PM
I'd probably use the northern star as well. Venus is brightest just before dawn or just after sunset, so I don't know how easy it would be to spot during the middle of the night (I think it actually sets soon after the Sun does). Besides, since Venus sticks close to the Sun in the sky, using Venus would only be as helpful as using the Sun itself. And I don't have the yearly positions of the Sun memorized, so that's not much help.

The Moon also moves around too much for my liking. The stars are kind and don't move as much.

Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice|
03-18-2009, 03:03 AM
In the daytime you'd use the sun, and at night you'd most likely use the stars.

I THINK the sun rises and sets in the east and west. Assuming I remember correctly.

Miss Moonlight
03-18-2009, 12:03 PM
The northern star, probably.

Dr. Evil
03-18-2009, 12:45 PM
The moon. If you know what direction it rises and you can gauge approximately how long it has been dark and the moon has been up, you can pretty much know where you're going.

suzumi
03-18-2009, 01:27 PM
I would use Venus. But since I can't really tell which one Venus is, I would get even more lost, so I would proceed to use the moon. But since I've got a terrible memory and I can't keep my head in times of trouble, I would end up going the opposite direction of the way I am supposed to be going.

So in the end, I think it would just be easiest if I just cried and flailed my arms about till I passed out. =P

Sanosuke23
03-19-2009, 02:16 AM
I would use the stars, because it's the only way I have a vague understanding of.

Princely Dreaming Doll
03-19-2009, 02:34 AM
I'd use the stars. Constellations are a perfect way to tell the directions.

CapnJack
03-19-2009, 02:47 AM
The moon cant be out all the time so I wouldnt rely on it. Id rely on the stars. If its around the winter time, I'd just follow the direction that Orion points. Not necessarily NW, but I at least know which way is W. Summertime, Id be out of luck. My astronomy isnt perfect. I suppose Id go for Venus since its bright enough.

Datenshi
03-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Jeez, I wouldn't know Venus from Armageddon so I'd leave the navigating to someone who knows what the heck he's doing.

Ωmega
03-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Theres a whole section of the forum dedicated to Sailor Moon. Post there please

Closed