PDA

View Full Version : Need For Speed: Underground

Naota
11-20-2003, 08:23 PM
Okay anybody excited bout this game? It looks simply amazing. I got the demo for it and now I wanna get it real bad. I loved NFS: Hot pursuit and I'm sure this new installment will not dissapoint. This game is THE fastest racer out there, I can guarantee. Anyways that's all guys.

LXnekket
11-21-2003, 03:05 AM
Faster than F-Zero GX? HAH! I think not.

spider-man-old
11-21-2003, 04:24 AM
Ummmmmmm... I hate racing games.
Show me a racing game with a good selection of nice old cars, and theres a game I will play.

One Winged Angel
11-21-2003, 09:47 PM
I just picked it up for GameCube yesterday. Needless to say, I haven't been able to put it down. The graphics are amazing. Maybe not as good as it could get, but very good all the same (framerate could use a boost or two)

The selection of cars is few, yet you can customize them pretty well. Again, not to the level found in such simulation games as Gran Turismo 3, but the upgrades are significant enough.

My absolute favorite part of this game is drag racing. My roomate and I played this mode easily for a few hours, and that was before we upgraded our cars. (NOS rules!!! :P )

Overall this is a pretty good game. If you are a fan of The Fast and the Furious (and its much better sequel) then you will see a lot of inspiration pulled from these two movies.

Naota
11-22-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by One Winged Angel@Nov 21 2003, 10:41 PM
I just picked it up for GameCube yesterday.  Needless to say, I haven't been able to put it down.  The graphics are amazing.  Maybe not as good as it could get, but very good all the same (framerate could use a boost or two)

The selection of cars is few, yet you can customize them pretty well.  Again, not to the level found in such simulation games as Gran Turismo 3, but the upgrades are significant enough.

My absolute favorite part of this game is drag racing.  My roomate and I played this mode easily for a few hours, and that was before we upgraded our cars. (NOS rules!!!  :P )

Overall this is a pretty good game.  If you are a fan of The Fast and the Furious (and its much better sequel) then you will see a lot of inspiration pulled from these two movies.
Interesting. I wonder how this game plays on the Playstation 2, I wanna know because NFS: Hot Pursuit was the fastest copy over the Gamecube and X-box versions (wonder if it's the same in this case). Also it got racer of the year by EGM Magazine. And mind you, I'm not putting the Gamecube or X-box down I'm just wondering if it'll be faster on PS2 again. It's just how some companies make games. Like Soul Calibur 2 is better on the Gamecube and X-box versions while the PS2 version had slowdown (sucks to be me)...plus X-box got SPAWN!! while we get that old fart Heiachi from tekken!....

One Winged Angel
11-22-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Naota+Nov 22 2003, 05:30 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Naota @ Nov 22 2003, 05:30 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-One Winged Angel@Nov 21 2003, 10:41 PM
I just picked it up for GameCube yesterday.Â* Needless to say, I haven&#39;t been able to put it down.Â* The graphics are amazing.Â* Maybe not as good as it could get, but very good all the same (framerate could use a boost or two)

The selection of cars is few, yet you can customize them pretty well.Â* Again, not to the level found in such simulation games as Gran Turismo 3, but the upgrades are significant enough.

My absolute favorite part of this game is drag racing.Â* My roomate and I played this mode easily for a few hours, and that was before we upgraded our cars. (NOS rules&#33;&#33;&#33;Â* :P )

Overall this is a pretty good game.Â* If you are a fan of The Fast and the Furious (and its much better sequel) then you will see a lot of inspiration pulled from these two movies.
Interesting. I wonder how this game plays on the Playstation 2, I wanna know because NFS: Hot Pursuit was the fastest copy over the Gamecube and X-box versions (wonder if it&#39;s the same in this case). Also it got racer of the year by EGM Magazine. And mind you, I&#39;m not putting the Gamecube or X-box down I&#39;m just wondering if it&#39;ll be faster on PS2 again. It&#39;s just how some companies make games. Like Soul Calibur 2 is better on the Gamecube and X-box versions while the PS2 version had slowdown (sucks to be me)...plus X-box got SPAWN&#33;&#33; while we get that old fart Heiachi from tekken&#33;.... [/b][/quote]
I played a few races on the PS2 version and it plays quite well. There were a few significant drops in framerate, in both PS2 and GC, but doesn&#39;t take away the whole experience. I must say, the graphics were not as polished as I thought they would be on PS2 (of course I&#39;m very nitpicky with these types of things so you may or may not notice anything)

The one huge advantage of the PS2 version is that you can go online and race. Its an exceptional title by itself, but that alone should make you want to buy it (stupid Gamecube with no stupid internet connection :P )

And as for Soul Caliber 2....I&#39;m so sorry you had to play it on PS2. I mean Heihachi? Of all the characters they could have used. He doesn&#39;t even have a %#^^#&@ weapon&#33;&#33;&#33; And yes, Link does kick a&#036;&#036; on the GC version.

spider-man-old
11-22-2003, 06:55 PM
Hey&#33; I love heihachi. You are mean. I love spawn on xbox and link on cube as well(helps to own all 3 I guess). I am a huge tekken fan.... the only reason I even wanted to play soul calibur 3 was because heihachi was in it... although I would have prefered lei, but hey what can you do.

Naota
11-23-2003, 02:54 PM
Yay&#33; I finally got it. And yes One Winged Angel I did see that miniscule drop of framerate, but I&#39;ve gotten so used to it, it seems natural. And as for the graphics?&#33; They were satisfying; It looks like a cinema...like if the road is a video...well that&#39;s my opinion. I also love how the camera shakes a bit when your going blazing fast (in drag mostly)...it gives it a real cool effect. And damn you &#39;are we...radditz? you&#39;ve got all three systems? Damn&#33; and what do you mean by Soul Calibur 3? Don&#39;t you mean 2? :) Anyways Heiachi is alright on Tekken but on SC2? na&#33; :P

One Winged Angel
11-24-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by we are... radditz?@Nov 22 2003, 07:49 PM
Hey&#33; I love heihachi. You are mean. I love spawn on xbox and link on cube as well(helps to own all 3 I guess). I am a huge tekken fan.... the only reason I even wanted to play soul calibur 3 was because heihachi was in it... although I would have prefered lei, but hey what can you do.
Hey nothing against Heihachi (I mean it is impressive that a 90+ year old can still kick a&#036;&#036;) but I&#39;m just stating that he&#39;s out of place of putting a fighter who has no weapons in a weapons based fighter. Plus, in comparison to Spawn and Link, there&#39;s just no contest :P

Bottom line, I&#39;m a huge fan of Tekken myself. Yoshimitsu appearing on both games satifies me to no end.

And Naota, technically it is Soul Calibur 3 because the first game in the series was Soul Blade (or Soul Edge) for PS1, then there was Soul Calibur 1 for dreamcast (technically the second game) and now SC2 which is really the third.
And yes, Drag mode in NFSU does kick major a&#036;&#036; :D

MaRa
11-24-2003, 10:34 AM
I think NFS:U was a slight disappointment but still the best racing game I&#39;ve played. I haven&#39;t played gran turismo 3 since I don&#39;t own a ps2 and I&#39;m not going to buy one either. I know I&#39;m missing a lot but I&#39;ll wait for a ps2 emu or something :Þ

Naota
11-24-2003, 11:48 AM
well, have fun playing your ps2 emulator 6 to 10 years from now. :lol: While I&#39;ll be playing my ps5 :rolleyes: the joy of having a job&#33;

MaRa
11-24-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Naota@Nov 24 2003, 12:42 PM
well, have fun playing your ps2 emulator 6 to 10 years from now. :lol: While I&#39;ll be playing my ps5 :rolleyes: the joy of having a job&#33;
yeah, it&#39;ll take that time. Tho then it&#39;ll be like a snes emu, just for the good old times, sort of. I&#39;m kinda glad there isn&#39;t a "working" ps2 emu since playing with it would chop a big chunk off my time at home and school would start going not-so-well.

Phantasydrummer
03-06-2004, 03:07 AM
YO GRAN TURISMO IS THE BEST RACING OF ALL TIME&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :o

E Nasty
05-13-2004, 11:08 PM
NFS Underground is an insult to racing games. One of the most unrealistic racing games ever. Plus the cars look all fast and furious ghetto. The best street racing game is Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero.

dulx
06-17-2004, 04:23 PM
(NEED FOR SPEED UNDERGROUND 2) REALEASES THIS JEAR......

BETTER THAN EVER :D

Isamu Hajime
06-18-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by E Nasty@May 13 2004, 09:08 PM
NFS Underground is an insult to racing games. One of the most unrealistic racing games ever. Plus the cars look all fast and furious ghetto. The best street racing game is Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero.
actually, i disagree. i have NFS:U for my puter and it runs like a dream with all the graphics turned up at 1280x1024.

as far as being realistic, of course not. it has plausible physics, nothing more. i mean, i can score 50,000 drifting with an rx-7 is amazing itself in the game, but c&#39;mon, i can do a drag but toe-and-heel is pretty damn hard.

i like it.....sorta....except on HARD difficulty when they expect you to literally Initial D all of it going 150 mph and AVOIDING heavy traffic....which i must say is the most annoying thing in the game.

dulx
06-18-2004, 12:07 PM
its just a game isamu... :^_^:

and tokyo extreme racing zero???? ik dont know that game..

for what kind of platform the xbox or ps2....

bud i think that game is not ready out in holland.. :D

ecchi_maker
06-18-2004, 01:39 PM
You want a good racing game how about G. Turismo 4 not out yet but just can&#39;t wait for it.

dulx
06-18-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by ecchi_maker@Jun 18 2004, 01:39 PM
You want a good racing game how about G. Turismo 4 not out yet but just can&#39;t wait for it.
:D okay i wait for it :D

i&#39;m ready for anything.. :D