PDA

View Full Version : Whats America Comming to?

King_Shadow89
03-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Yesterday, I was watching the news after reading in the news paper about this fifteen year old boy who shot his father after having a huge argument. He was arrested and then sentenced to death roll. Is this right or wrong in your opinion?Express your feelings towards this in detail please.

Miss Moonlight
03-11-2009, 12:27 PM
Is this about the same story where the teen shot his father in another thread? or is this a different story?

anyway, america has been "this way" for quite some time now.

King_Shadow89
03-11-2009, 12:42 PM
its the different one there are like 4 stories of the same crime by a fifteen year old shooting his dad.

Khanxay
03-11-2009, 12:44 PM
Express your feelings towards this in detail please.
Hmm.

How do I elaborate on "I don't care." ?

Magical Soul
03-11-2009, 12:49 PM
No he murdered his father and should pay the price no matter about his age.

Petrol Gas
03-11-2009, 12:52 PM
Sounds like they both deserved it.

People have been committing crimes for years. If you're upset that people are dying, maybe you're being a little immature?

FluffyDango
03-11-2009, 12:59 PM
]People have been committing crimes for years. If you're upset that people are dying, maybe you're being a little immature?

It`s the way it`s done, and to who and such that makes it so damn sick ;P

Like I heard a story about a mother who had thrown her 2-3 year old daughet in the oven :O

And there is probably more sick stories like that from USA.

But ofc America has it`s good sides too, just like any other country.
But ,ost sick stories like that, USA is involved.

Eris
03-11-2009, 01:06 PM
People have been killing family members for thousands of years, so the only questionable part of the story is the use of the death sentence, but that's really a problem with lack of progress, as opposed to progress towards something.

Aizmov
03-11-2009, 01:08 PM

True. But isn't a 15 year-old still a minor. :unsure:
If anything it is a 2nd degree murder and he should be sentenced to 15 years with no parole.

wowzabunny
03-11-2009, 01:13 PM
HE killed his father. he should get killed. he had the intent to and his father wasnt trying to hurt him

Princely Dreaming Doll
03-11-2009, 01:24 PM
HE killed his father. he should get killed. he had the intent to and his father wasnt trying to hurt him

No.
He doesn't deserve to be killed.
Because you have to look at the situation.
He had an argument with his father, we tend to do some strange when we have arguments with our parents.
Now most of us don't shoot our parents when we have arguments, but we certainly have done certain things like slam doors in their faces, throw clothes at them, tissue boxes, papers, etc.
Personally I think do the situation that he deserves jail time, but not death.

Now if he was a psycho and skinned his father alive, and ate his father's flesh or something along those lines.
Then yes, he deserves death.

Magical Soul
03-11-2009, 01:26 PM
No.
He had an argument with his father, we tend to do some strange when we have arguments with our parents.
Now most of us don't shoot our parents when we have arguments, but we certainly have done certain things like slam doors in their faces, throw clothes at them, tissue boxes, papers, etc.

Now if he was a psycho and skinned his father alive, and ate his father's flesh or something along those lines.

But should it be allowed to go that far?

King_Shadow89
03-11-2009, 02:52 PM

Thats shocking comming from you. What is wrong with you lol. I think no teen should be put on death row unless he or she killes more than 6 people.

True. But isn't a 15 year-old still a minor. :unsure:
If anything it is a 2nd degree murder and he should be sentenced to 15 years with no parole.

I agree with this one.

TO the person who said the father did not hurt him well thats a lie. While arguing, his father hit him multiple time in the chest according to the reporters and the kid just lost his mind and shot him.

Either way No child, teen, or young adult ( 20 to 25 ) should be put on death roll cuz there young and they can serve time in what ever they put them for at least 15to 25 years no parole.

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-11-2009, 02:53 PM
anyway, america has been "this way" for quite some time now.

America has been like this for the last 233 years, roughly.

Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice|
03-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Civilization in general, in my opinion, has gone to hell. But oh well, nothing can really be done about it. It's really sickening what people can do to each other for the dumbest reasons. But it's like my dad says, People are generally stupid.

Diocletian
03-11-2009, 05:47 PM
To be fair we as humans don't really care as long as it doesn't affect us, or tick us off. If I heard that thousands of miles away Kid A fought Kid B and accidentally killed him how am I supposed to care? It would be a nice topic card but otherwise why should I care?

sa5m
03-11-2009, 06:07 PM
Eh, we can't help it. This thing has been happening for centuries.
Can't stop the beast in humans. D;

By the way, you should probably fix your little spelling error up there in the title... "comming" is not a word.

Haoie
03-12-2009, 03:48 AM
Move to Canada.

Next?

Memento Mori
03-12-2009, 05:34 AM
No.

You act as if 15-year-olds still have the brains of a 3-year-old.

They have free-will, they have the ability to assess the situation, they have the ability to think about what they are doing.

Slamming a door is one thing, but shooting them?

I DO believe he should be put to death for this. He's 15, by the age of 7, you probably know what murder is. I'm sick fo the whole 'minor' thing.

When you're 16-years-old, you KNOW what rape is. When you're 15, you KNOW what murder is.

And I don't want to grow up paying taxes to feed this guy.

He shot his father, and I believe in the death penalty.

Yesterday, I was watching the news after reading in the news paper about this fifteen year old boy who shot his father after having a huge argument. He was arrested and then sentenced to death roll. Is this right or wrong in your opinion?Express your feelings towards this in detail please.

This. Is. Not. New.

Datenshi
03-12-2009, 08:42 AM
It's not like the U.S. has a patent in this respect; screwed up people all over the world are doing screwed up things even we speak. Just keep in mind that the vast majority of people are ordinary people living ordinary lives.

Not more than in the past year in Japan, there's been a man who killed the woman next door and flushed her dismembered appendages down the toilet (he says he thought "if I raped her enough time she would become my sexual slave" and found boxes of hentai DVD's in his room, to the facepalm of every otaku in the country), a massacre (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akihabara_massacre) in broad daylight at Akihabara, a woman killed by three stangers who met on the Internet, attempted police prosecution of minors under 13 starring in legally distributed lewid swimsuit DVD's, a slew of taxi-driver killings from Tokyo to Osaka, riots in Kamagasaki (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14mKMv7nx3s&feature=related), and who knows what I've missed.

Now if he did that, he could plead for insanity. Feh.

Celestial Mika
03-12-2009, 09:55 AM
I dont believe in the death penalty at all, no one has the right to take the life of another. Although he should be put in prison for life. Prison should become a place of reform, whereas they should focus on helping these people rather than just punishing them. Im sure one day it'll hit him like a ton of bricks that his father is gone forever, and it is his own fault.

Princely Dreaming Doll
03-12-2009, 11:02 AM

They have free-will, they have the ability to assess the situation, they have the ability to think about what they are doing.

I DO believe he should be put to death for this. He's 15, by the age of 7, you probably know what murder is. I'm sick fo the whole 'minor' thing.

When you're 16-years-old, you KNOW what rape is. When you're 15, you KNOW what murder is.

And I don't want to grow up paying taxes to feed this guy.

He shot his father, and I believe in the death penalty.

This. Is. Not. New.

Even if you know what they are, you don't deserve the death penalty.
I believe the death penalty is deservent of something far more then just shooting your father.
They were in an argument, there was evidence the father hit him as well, it takes two to tango.
Shooting your father seems a little petty compared to someone killing whole families and their animals, eating someone, skinning someone and wearing their skin, etc.
I think crimes like that deserve the death penalty.
And I think crimes like shooting your father during an argument deserves jail time.

Dr. Evil
03-12-2009, 11:04 AM

I agree. Murder is NEVER an excuse.

DOOM!
03-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I agree. Murder is NEVER an excuse.

Notice how stereotypically "15-year-old" you are, yourselves? What's even more ironic is that it's kids like you that are responsible for acts of crime such as these, and we STILL have to take care of you; making sure you don't end up killed and stuff...

So, let's review...
Prime example: Leatherface cuts off uncle's wounded leg; he then cuts off the other leg to even things out.
Son kills father, court kills son to make it even. The people are unsuited with this procedure. Solution: kill all the people to balance things out. Might as well, while you're still at it.

kamaaina ^_^
03-12-2009, 12:53 PM
i think killing is wrong in most cases, but you cant treat someone who is, in the words of socrates, a beast. a beast has no characteristic of a human and where their actions are outragous and shocking. these "beasts" should be killed and removed from society. killing them is the only cure because they are so wrong and ill thinking that there is no way of making them acceptable in society. now am i saying this kid is a monster, no. but he does deserve a very harsh punishment like life in prison. but to the ones that rape then dismember and eat the corpse should be killed once found guilty. they do not deserve the right to live. and there's my $.02

Srk
03-12-2009, 01:36 PM
Oh, I totally agree that the fifteen year old should be put to death. Why do I believe in the death penalty?

Overpopulation of stupid people. As shown above in the first post.

wolfgirl90
03-12-2009, 01:52 PM
I agree with this one.

TO the person who said the father did not hurt him well thats a lie. While arguing, his father hit him multiple time in the chest according to the reporters and the kid just lost his mind and shot him.

Either way No child, teen, or young adult ( 20 to 25 ) should be put on death roll cuz there young and they can serve time in what ever they put them for at least 15to 25 years no parole.

I don't think so. According to your original post (and from the stories I have read on this), the boy killed his father AFTER they had the argument, not during the argument, therefore it was murder in the 1st degree, which (depending on your state) is the death penalty. Also, he killed his father, not some random person (as if that would be better). Patricide (again, depending on your state) carries a big penalty with it.

So, according to the story, the boy premeditated his father's murder. Even though he is 15, it makes sense that he got charged with 1st degree murder and given the death penalty.

Luluko
03-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Well, I do think that giving him the death penalty for committing just one murder is a bit over board. But, as wolfgirl90 said, patricide carries a heavy penalty and depending on which state you live the authority *can* give the sentence and carry out that particular sanction against a criminal. It was crappy luck for the kid because he apparently lives in a state where he can be sentenced with it.

I actually feel bad for America and its reputation. These things happen all over the world.

DOOM!
03-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Oh, I totally agree that the fifteen year old should be put to death. Why do I believe in the death penalty?

Overpopulation of stupid people. As shown above in the first post.
SO stereotypical...

I don't think so. According to your original post (and from the stories I have read on this), the boy killed his father AFTER they had the argument, not during the argument, therefore it was murder in the 1st degree, which (depending on your state) is the death penalty. Also, he killed his father, not some random person (as if that would be better). Patricide (again, depending on your state) carries a big penalty with it.

So, according to the story, the boy premeditated his father's murder. Even though he is 15, it makes sense that he got charged with 1st degree murder and given the death penalty.
"Thy shalt not burn hotter in hell if thy kills thine parents" says in my book. I mean, as long as "mother sues son" is a reasonable act, then what makes parents any different (or better) than unrelated people?

DOOM!
03-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Delete this.

Memento Mori
03-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Even if you know what they are, you don't deserve the death penalty.
I believe the death penalty is deservent of something far more then just shooting your father.
They were in an argument, there was evidence the father hit him as well, it takes two to tango.
Shooting your father seems a little petty compared to someone killing whole families and their animals, eating someone, skinning someone and wearing their skin, etc.
I think crimes like that deserve the death penalty.
And I think crimes like shooting your father during an argument deserves jail time.

Killing any human being is a crime worthy of the death penalty.

I believe the reason crime in America is so high is because of our attitude of being lenient towards these crimes.

Shooting your father, more than likely premeditated, over an argument is incredibly stupid. Unless this boy has insanity for his defensive, we should remove one more criminal from the world.

Miss Moonlight
03-12-2009, 04:27 PM
I don't know, i've never really understood the death penalty. I've always wondered how it could be a "penalty" when you're actually dead; you don't even really suffer as much, or in the way the victims did. I suppose it's more of a "penalty" for the family/friends and any living victims, etc. who have to suffer for what the person did instead.

I'm not saying there aren't people who don't deserve to live because of their horrible crimes and are basically wastes of flesh - there are. But the contradiction of "don't kill people, that's wrong, only the state or goverment can do that" never really made sense to me.

There is always another serial murderer/rapist anyway, so it just seems like a convenient way to thin out the masses of criminals that will always inevitably keep on appearing and doing the same things over and over again.

harakiri
03-12-2009, 05:06 PM
I'm going for eye for an eye here.
When you're 15 years old, you have enough sense to know what you're doing.
So what, your parents yell at you? Get over it. It doesn't give you the right to kill them. Now I'm not talking sides or anything, but I just think it was unessesary for that to happen.

It's just stupid.

Princely Dreaming Doll
03-12-2009, 05:40 PM
Killing any human being is a crime worthy of the death penalty.

I believe the reason crime in America is so high is because of our attitude of being lenient towards these crimes.

Shooting your father, more than likely premeditated, over an argument is incredibly stupid. Unless this boy has insanity for his defensive, we should remove one more criminal from the world.

You're angry.
You just had a heated discussion with your parents.
You do stupid things after an argument.
It doesn't mean you suddenly die because you killed your parent, because you had an argument and you were angry.
He should go to jail.
I'm sure he's a kid who will feel guilt.
From what I read of this, this isn't a kid who tortured animals, had a house filled with dead bodies, had an odd fascination with dead. And one day he took to the other ends and decided to go shooting people.
From what I read of this, this is a normal kid, probably cool and popular. He had no real intention of killing his father.
Then one day the argument got a little to heated, you so boiling with anger, even after you guys are done punching and yelling at each other. You have this crazy angry urge and you act upon it.
I know that feeling, one time I threw a hammer at my dad cause it was the only thing in my hand.
This isn't a kid with the intentions of harm, death, murder, etc.
This was a kid who had the intentions of having a car, a life, etc.
He isn't the kid with necrophilia or anything thing of that sort.
He doesn't deserve the death penalty.

Sasori|Eternal Sacrifice|
03-12-2009, 09:04 PM
You're angry.
It doesn't mean you suddenly die because you killed your parent, because you had an argument and you were angry.
He should go to jail.
From what I read of this, this isn't a kid who tortured animals, had a house filled with dead bodies, had an odd fascination with dead. And one day he took to the other ends and decided to go shooting people.
From what I read of this, this is a normal kid, probably cool and popular. He had no real intention of killing his father.
Then one day the argument got a little to heated, you so boiling with anger, even after you guys are done punching and yelling at each other. You have this crazy angry urge and you act upon it.
I know that feeling, one time I threw a hammer at my dad cause it was the only thing in my hand.

I'm agreeing with this.

Princely Dreaming Doll
03-12-2009, 10:55 PM
I'm agreeing with this.

At least someone has some common sense.

wolfgirl90
03-12-2009, 11:02 PM
You're angry.
He should go to jail.

While I agree with some points, I disagree with most of it. The kid may not have had a violent disposition, but he did decide to kill his father. According to the news, the boy killed his father while his father was asleep later that night, hours after the argument occurred. This wasn't an idea that he thought up during the heat of the moment or was a sudden decision. It was something he decided to do over the course of several hours. I can understand if you run away after an argument, go steal something from a store, go joy riding in your father's car, but killing your father? I don't think so. Killing your father does not fall into the category of "doing something stupid".

There are a number of people who kill people without having any prior history of violence (I do not know the history of the boy). These people, however, are not excused from their behavior (depending on what they did). The boy was 15, old enough to know right from wrong, and carried out premeditated murder on his father after something as petty as an argument.

Princely Dreaming Doll
03-12-2009, 11:19 PM
While I agree with some points, I disagree with most of it. The kid may not have had a violent disposition, but he did decide to kill his father. According to the news, the boy killed his father while his father was asleep later that night, hours after the argument occurred. This wasn't an idea that he thought up during the heat of the moment or was a sudden decision. It was something he decided to do over the course of several hours. I can understand if you run away after an argument, go steal something from a store, go joy riding in your father's car, but killing your father? I don't think so. Killing your father does not fall into the category of "doing something stupid".

There are a number of people who kill people without having any prior history of violence (I do not know the history of the boy). These people, however, are not excused from their behavior (depending on what they did). The boy was 15, old enough to know right from wrong, and carried out premeditated murder on his father after something as petty as an argument.
You don't know the contents of the argument.
Maybe it affected the boys future in some way.
Even if it wasn't done during the heat of the battle, the fact still remains they had an argument.
And like all kids I'm sure that argument lingered in the back of his mind and every time he though it made angry all over again.
I have arguments like that with my father.
I even wanted to stab him with a knife every time I looked at him, to stop me from doing it I ran away from home.
If the argument is significant enough, to make you angry every time you think about it you can still do something stupid.
The argument may be petty to you, but to him if it truly affected him that badly if it made him so boiled, so living mad I can understand what he was doing.
I am sure this was an argument significant enough to make him want to do something as stupid as shoot his father.
The boy doesn't deserve the death penalty.

MoroDashi
03-13-2009, 06:08 AM
Well it obviously has to be WRONG.
Derr..
I can't really say what America is coming to- As I don't live there or haven't go there before.
But I hear they scan children or search the bags and stuff for guns and crap like that before going in schools in some states.

Memento Mori
03-13-2009, 06:41 AM
You're angry.
He should go to jail.

So, you're acting like it's a pretty reasonable reaction to kill your parents after an argument basically.

You do realize that a good number of murders stem from a previous argument.

You're giving him a free pass just because he had an argument. Again, he was 15, he could assess the situation properly, not suddenly grab a gun and shoot his father. You may slam a door when you're angry, but not suddenly shoot someone.

What if Charles Manson was angry every time he had someone killed? Would you give him a free pass?

What about the kid who shot those kids at Virginia Tech? What if they all picked on him and he was just 'angry'? Does he deserve that pass?

Because, by your logic, they do.

I'd understand where you were coming from if you gave a better defense than just 'he was angry.'

At least someone has some common sense.

You're saying I don't have common sense just because I have different views? Which, I would sympathize with you, if you gave a better reason than "He just had an argument, he was angry, we do stupid things when we're angry."

We don't grab guns and shoot our dads.

Shinn Kamiyra
03-13-2009, 10:40 AM

Color me naive if you will; however, I simply do not side with the opinion associated with the death penalty. Too often have I heard tragic stories wherein a family and/or the government/society have called for the death penalty because they believe said person deserves to die. In my opinion, killing someone because they do something terrible is like freeing them from their responsibility of bearing the rest of their life with the burden of what they've done.

I would like to believe we, as a people, hold an equal sense of responsibility towards the memory and honor of those who are no longer with us because of tragedy as much as we do towards the one responsible. In this respect, I do not believe death accomplishes anything except for a potentially false sense of security in the eyes of those who think that, simply because said person is gone, the world is a better place.

Anyway, getting back to the subject matter at hand; yes, a boy killing his father, regardless of the reason, is a terrible thing, and he most certainly deserves to be punished severely. I do not believe his deserves the death penalty though. It will do nothing to assuage the pain for a mother who would have to lose both her husband and son, nor will it bring anyone back to life. Therefore, to give proper justice to this poor man, his son should have to live his life with the guilt of his crime and, hopefully, try to atone for it in whatever way he can.

Kristen
03-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Sadly and regretfully, this is how things are. We raise our kids to do what they want and then they do. Most parents don't take enough time to be involved with their children and they grow into rebellious, uncontrollable childen. That's how it is and it needs to be changed.

And don't keep your damn gun where your kids can find it. That's just stupid, if not for the fact that they could try and play with it and set it off in mistake.

Of course this kid deserves to be punished. I'm not so sure about the death sentence because of how immune kids are to consequences and reality now, but without a doubt he knew what he was doing and that his father would die. He has to be held responsible.

Princely Dreaming Doll
03-13-2009, 11:53 AM
So, you're acting like it's a pretty reasonable reaction to kill your parents after an argument basically.

You do realize that a good number of murders stem from a previous argument.

You're giving him a free pass just because he had an argument. Again, he was 15, he could assess the situation properly, not suddenly grab a gun and shoot his father. You may slam a door when you're angry, but not suddenly shoot someone.

What if Charles Manson was angry every time he had someone killed? Would you give him a free pass?

What about the kid who shot those kids at Virginia Tech? What if they all picked on him and he was just 'angry'? Does he deserve that pass?

Because, by your logic, they do.

I'd understand where you were coming from if you gave a better defense than just 'he was angry.'
No I was saying he was angry and killed his father with the gun to understand his actions and maybe get you to think a bit harder.
It is a Shinn Kammiyra says it. Something I shouldn't have to spell out for you.
Sometimes the worse punishment is the punishment that makes you think, makes you reflect on your mistakes, and one that makes you feel something regret, guilt, etc.
Death is just that, death. There is no punishment out of death, the boy would never learn from what he did.
That is another problem with this society we treat anything with a dose of fear and non logical thinking.
Killing the boy as punishment might stop other 15 years olds from doing the same, but only because they are afraid to do it not because they learned anything from it.
If they are afraid they don't learn as well, they just don't do it cause they are afraid not to do it.

You're saying I don't have common sense just because I have different views? Which, I would sympathize with you, if you gave a better reason than "He just had an argument, he was angry, we do stupid things when we're angry."

We don't grab guns and shoot our dads.
No I say you don't have common sense because you want to treat the society with another dose of fear.
I say you don't have any common sense because you believe death is a punishment, but when you die you feel nothing, you are just dead. There thinking, no consequences.
Truth be death is the easy way to get out.
I'm say at least someone has common sense because they understand and they don't quickly go to the choice that many do. Out of fear.

The problem with American society is they are fear mongers, they create rules out of fear, their religion is made out of fear.
To control people is out of fear.
And doesn't teach anyone anything.

wolfgirl90
03-13-2009, 11:57 AM
You don't know the contents of the argument.
Maybe it affected the boys future in some way.
Even if it wasn't done during the heat of the battle, the fact still remains they had an argument.
And like all kids I'm sure that argument lingered in the back of his mind and every time he though it made angry all over again.
I have arguments like that with my father.
I even wanted to stab him with a knife every time I looked at him, to stop me from doing it I ran away from home.
If the argument is significant enough, to make you angry every time you think about it you can still do something stupid.
The argument may be petty to you, but to him if it truly affected him that badly if it made him so boiled, so living mad I can understand what he was doing.
I am sure this was an argument significant enough to make him want to do something as stupid as shoot his father.
The boy doesn't deserve the death penalty.

Well, I am glad that something in the back of your mind told you to go outside to prevent you from stabbing your father. However, the boy in the story obviously did not have something like that happen to him. He decided to kill his father over the course of several hours.

The argument was about the boy's girlfriend. His father would not let him go out that night to see his girlfriend (according to one story; another one says it was about his grades). Yes, I find this argument very petty.

Like I said before, "killing your father" does fall into the category of "doing something stupid". Getting to fights, skipping school, stealing the family car, running away. THOSE are stupid things. Yes, all of us have done stupid things before but I seriously doubt that 1st degree murder is among those things.

Princely Dreaming Doll
03-13-2009, 12:02 PM
Well, I am glad that something in the back of your mind told you to go outside to prevent you from stabbing your father. However, the boy in the story obviously did not have something like that happen to him. He decided to kill his father over the course of several hours.

The argument was about the boy's girlfriend. His father would not let him go out that night to see his girlfriend (according to one story; another one says it was about his grades). Yes, I find this argument very petty.

Like I said before, "killing your father" does fall into the category of "doing something stupid". Getting to fights, skipping school, stealing the family car, running away. THOSE are stupid things. Yes, all of us have done stupid things before but I seriously doubt that 1st degree murder is among those things.

I can only give you the same answer I gave Memento. Just don't take the treating American society with a dose of fear to heart.
That part isn't about you. Here (http://www.animeforum.com/showpost.php?p=2227346&postcount=43)
And here I clarify.
The worse kinds of punishments are the ones that make you reflect on your mistakes.

Memento Mori
03-13-2009, 03:47 PM
No I was saying he was angry and killed his father with the gun to understand his actions and maybe get you to think a bit harder.
It is a Shinn Kammiyra says it. Something I shouldn't have to spell out for you.
Sometimes the worse punishment is the punishment that makes you think, makes you reflect on your mistakes, and one that makes you feel something regret, guilt, etc.
Death is just that, death. There is no punishment out of death, the boy would never learn from what he did.
That is another problem with this society we treat anything with a dose of fear and non logical thinking.
Killing the boy as punishment might stop other 15 years olds from doing the same, but only because they are afraid to do it not because they learned anything from it.
If they are afraid they don't learn as well, they just don't do it cause they are afraid not to do it.

No I say you don't have common sense because you want to treat the society with another dose of fear.
I say you don't have any common sense because you believe death is a punishment, but when you die you feel nothing, you are just dead. There thinking, no consequences.
Truth be death is the easy way to get out.
I'm say at least someone has common sense because they understand and they don't quickly go to the choice that many do. Out of fear.

The problem with American society is they are fear mongers, they create rules out of fear, their religion is made out of fear.
To control people is out of fear.
And doesn't teach anyone anything.

We are not trying to make Americans fearful.

It's to set an example: "You do this, this will happen."

What would they have to fear if they don't murder anyone?

How is not common sense to have a severe punishment for a severe crime?

Death is death, that's right. But it also signals "You did this, and you will never do it again."

Miss Moonlight
03-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Death is death, that's right. But it also signals "You did this, and you will never do it again."

I agree, but the death penalty is not a good deterrent for horrendous crimes. People still murder and rape even though they know it's a possibilty that they will get caught and put to death for it. Ideally, letting them live their horrible lives is much more of a punishment, but it's not practical because prisons can't hold all the inmates, and the families usually want death.

It's much like cutting the heads off a hydra -- kill one, another one grows in it's place.

*Tsuki*
03-13-2009, 04:11 PM
Some people kill countless innocents and are considered heroes . . . this boy killed his father and is sent to death . . . yes, our world is messed up, and humans do not deserve to rule over other humans. But, because of our, "Very superior thinking" we believe that we can control others. Our world is corrupt, and we all deserve a smack in the face, some deserve even more. . .

The boy may have killed his father, but does that mean he deserves to die? Does it bring his father back? No. I do not believe so. . . People make mistakes . . . some are just bigger than others.

After the boy killed his father, what do you think he felt? Do you think he felt proud? Do you think he knew what to do? Do you think he would have done it again if he was in the same position? Do you think he misses his father? Do you think he's afraid now? I ask you these questions, and you tell me, do you think he deserves to die?

I know . . . if I killed my father, I would try to kill myself. Because I'm still a child, and I can see for myself what I did wrong. But even still, I'd go to drastic measures (again) and attempt to rid myself of me. It's a cowardly way out, but that's what a lot of people would do. . . child or no.

It's not just America that is messed up, it's the human race. But what will we do about it? Kill the boy and go on living, never learning anything more about ourselves or our problems. Within a year, this incident will be forgotten. these words will be forgotten, and the boy and his father will be forgotten. But not by his family. They will be without 2 people, and they will be alone. There will be 2 more deaths in the world, but what's 1 or 2 lives in the long run? Nothing. History repeats itself, and someday this will happen again. The same situation . . . but we'll have to see then if the world has truely changed for the better. If they don't think the boy should be killed, then I think it will be better. But, you never know, you just think.

I know I've gone on long enough, but I have a question for you . . . what if it had been a girl? What then? Would the same fate have been endowed to her, or would she have lived on? And let me ask you this, do you think it's better to live with knowing you killed your own father, or do you think it's better to die and give up all hope for a better life?

Edit: okay, and after reading some of the other posts . . . even though it was after the arguement that he killed his father . . . Children have a way of keeping hate within them until they can't handle it anymore. We make mistakes, and have to face the effect of them, but sometimes it's too much alone.

Memento Mori
03-13-2009, 04:58 PM
[B]Some people kill countless innocents and are considered heroes . . . this boy killed his father and is sent to death . . . yes, our world is messed up, and humans do not deserve to rule over other humans. But, because of our, "Very superior thinking" we believe that we can control others. Our world is corrupt, and we all deserve a smack in the face, some deserve even more. . .

It's called law and order. No pun, please.

It's common sense that if there is one bad seed, we remove it. And what this boy did was unforgiveable.

Yes, we make mistakes, but murder isn't something you look at as a mistake. It's a crime. End of story.

Miya
03-13-2009, 05:12 PM
everything about this is wrong. sad. terribly sad.
nobody should take a life...ever.

this whole thing is tragic any way you want to look at it. there are no winners here.

*Tsuki*
03-13-2009, 05:13 PM
Memento Mori: I know what you mean, I just don't agree that it's right to kill him. I still think it's a mistake, though my view of mistake may be different from you, it does not change the fact that I believe he should live.
Edit: I never said he shouldn't be punished, just that he shouldn't be killed. Sorry if that wasn't clear enough, but I perfer not to be bad repped over my opinion differing from yours.

DOOM!
03-13-2009, 05:49 PM
It's called law and order. No pun, please.

It's common sense that if there is one bad seed, we remove it. And what this boy did was unforgiveable.

Yes, we make mistakes, but murder isn't something you look at as a mistake. It's a crime. End of story.
♪You are young. Life has been kind to you. You will leeeeaaaaaaarn.♫

King_Shadow89
03-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Either way it is wrong. I wish I was the judge I would condemned him to 30 slashes and... nvm lol thats no humain but still.( sorry about the grammer I am in a hurry)

Zenga
03-23-2009, 01:50 PM
As written by Hammurabi, "An eye for an eye." You kill someone, you get killed.

Amray The II
03-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Having the risk of a death penalty would no doubt break down the digits of lost human lives regarding murder. Some people (myself) would love for the death penalty to come back when murder or rape has been commited, although I also respect the human rights which have been brought into action.

Some evil and discusting scum on this planet today do not realise their luck: that if they done such bad things a few years prior, that they would swing. But instead, now they are spending a few years in confined space playing on their Playstations and getting their free meals. It is discusting. If I actually were to become a police officer in the future I am not sure whether I could restrain myself from violating human rights when coming face-to-face with peadophiles and murderers.

"Let them Swing" is what I am for.

Gjallarhorn
03-23-2009, 02:14 PM
As written by Hammurabi, "An eye for an eye." You kill someone, you get killed.

Hammurabi's Code was written nearly 4000 years ago. I'd like to think that over such an expanse of time in which man kind had developed immensely, that our sense of justice has developed as well.

Zenga
03-23-2009, 02:18 PM
Have we really? I think we haven't changed much except for the fact we have some new shiny machines to kill each other with.

King_Shadow89
03-30-2009, 11:27 AM
He has a point you know. We havent changed much. We still storm the streets killing anything in our way with opur new shinny tools lol. The judical court is currpt and so is the law. I say... let go to war on the gov. and then creat our own country.

Zenga
03-31-2009, 09:52 AM
He has a point you know. We havent changed much. We still storm the streets killing anything in our way with opur new shinny tools lol. The judical court is currpt and so is the law. I say... let go to war on the gov. and then creat our own country.
Exactly, though not entirely with the fight the gov. thing or the "create the new country thing".

King_Shadow89
03-31-2009, 01:38 PM
I look at it this way there is many of us and the goverment is small. We can easily assassinate everyone there and destroy the buildings. Affter everything is said and done we attack the police head quarters and kill them all and every one is free from economic stress and stuff like that for a while. But after that we are going to need really smart people to build our new country and everything makes sence. Yea.... this plan seems like it may end up in choas.

Infinita
03-31-2009, 01:45 PM
I think that murder is murder and the one who was the murderer, should be murdered. They should suffer the same fate as there victim. I think that murder is totally wrong. Minor or not, all the terms and sentences should be the same for any age if they committed murder.

King_Shadow89
03-31-2009, 01:46 PM
what if it was by accident though.

Zenga
03-31-2009, 01:49 PM
Murder as defined in common law countries, is the unlawful killing of another human being with intent. If by accident, then it's an accident, horrible as it may be.

blackrosetwilight
03-31-2009, 02:29 PM
The moment you kill some one is the moment you forfeit your life to someone else simple as that, so let kid get executed