PDA

View Full Version : Beta - Ikketysen

omicron_15
11-19-2003, 01:18 AM
Ok, I have been working on this one for a couple days now, hopefully it has a good bg, thats the tough part ;) , Im thinking about putting some text, like the chicks name or the title ikketysen... What do you think about the sparkles this is the first time i tried im thinking about layering some more in to add some depth currently they are all on the same layer.

Ja.

Candy-StarR
11-19-2003, 02:41 AM
Personally i don't like green... but that's just me

... i think it looks ok... but ur right about it needing text

And i think the sparkles should be everywhere not just around the character

Miko
11-19-2003, 02:49 PM
Okay, first of all, it's Ikkitousen (or Ikki Tousen); secondly, the green/red doesn't look good... it's like Christmas... but uglier.
I suggest colorizing the background reddish.

jumomo
11-19-2003, 03:34 PM
as i always say : make it more blue ... blue is best ... like black for writing blue for background ! :D
and maybe recolor the character ... it looks like jumped in the wallpaper directly from a scan-image ... or mayb blur the color .. that should help i think

MistressPookyChan
11-19-2003, 04:18 PM
Don't go with blue, it wouldnt fit. I like the green, but maybe a lighter green. It is also missing something... text? lines? something? Also, the character is kind of floating in air, so putting a little shadow under her would help solve that.

i like how you made the background, and the character is great, but the wallpaper feels a bit incomplete. Good job, though! :D

kadaan
11-19-2003, 04:53 PM
Very nice start. Like Pooky said, a shadow would make her stand off from the background a lot better.

The green isn't working for me either. Making it lighter might work, or tinting it red like Miko suggested. You can try both and see which you like better, or do half light greed half red and change the sparkles to holly leaves+berries and make it a christmas wallpaper ^_^.

omicron_15
11-19-2003, 05:14 PM
Ahhh why is red and green cursed to be forever christmass colors.... I like them together on their own and not with a christmass connection :( ... oh well... thanks for the comments I will try what you guys said and will post it in a while, more comments are welcome

Miko what is the title exactly in english In an old Newtype which I first saw the series it was called Ikki Tousen but all the subs I have watched have it as one word Ikkitousen Its 2 kanji so im not sure which one is more correct.

jumomo
11-19-2003, 05:54 PM
i like blue ... :rolleyes:

_hades the wicked
11-19-2003, 09:20 PM
I think it's pretty cool. The pic's a bit grainy, but that's about it in my opinion.
Hey, what filters did you use to make that background? I like it a lot :D

darkparrot
11-19-2003, 09:29 PM
I agree that she is a "bit" grainy but she goes very well with the background. And is cute picture at that. ^^

omicron_15
11-20-2003, 09:44 PM
Ok here are some more recent versions of my wall.

Here is a red-green version red-green (http://server4.uploadit.org/files/201103-Ikkitysen_wall_1%20copy_redgreen.jpg)

Here is a lighter green version lighter green (http://server4.uploadit.org/files/201103-Ikkitysen_wall_version_2_glight.jpg)

For the Bg I used primarly diffrent layers with swobs of color applied by brush then sheared them in diffrent directions, filter wise blur was basically the only one i used, I used masks for the first time they improved the look I think of the bg allowed it to blend.

I think the red green needs more work im not to sure about it, I added in the name of the series and redid the sparkles, well any coments are welcome.

Here is the regular darker green which i still prefer

escaflownemoon
11-21-2003, 02:52 PM
I really like the red-green version because the red compliments her clothes. When I was looking at it it reminded me of xmas because of the red and the green mixed together almost. And the sparkles gives a sense of magic or something spiritual..very happy with this one. The green one that you preferred it good too..it depends on your taste.
:)