PDA

View Full Version : old and the new

Aizen-sama
03-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Which do u think is better the older animes or the modern ones

Tsuki.
03-08-2009, 01:19 PM
It depends on what it is. Like, astro boy compared to Tsubasa . . . Tsubasa wins. But, if it's like, well, I don't really know many so I can't name 'em off. <.< but, yea. It all depends on what it is and if it matches my intrests.

kajikun16
03-08-2009, 09:20 PM
it will depend on the story and characters

tsujigiri15
03-08-2009, 10:11 PM
it will depend on the story and characters

definitely, as with most things, its not when it was made, its how it was made really - were the people writing putting thought into it?

i must admit though, i think the general animation quality has improved - i also like the less 'in your face' colour schemes - think about the difference between one of the early 90's mecha shows and most of the more recent ones. or even between db and naruto

jnLL
03-13-2009, 08:50 AM
It depends. There are a few great shows way back, still a favorite of today. Take DBZ, Evangelion, etc for example. A few people still watch them. And as of the modern ones, the good thing was the improved animation.

Ize
03-13-2009, 12:20 PM
believe it or not, the latest serie anime i watched throughout all episodes and catching up with it is Ergo Proxy which is like 2 yrs back

and 8 out of 10 anime collection i have dates back to the 90s

mstrmnd48
03-13-2009, 12:22 PM
i like watching both old and new animes.

wowzabunny
03-13-2009, 04:09 PM
IT depends dude
newer ones have bettrer quality while olders one have less quality

NovaStar
03-14-2009, 12:27 AM
IT depends dude
newer ones have bettrer quality while olders one have less quality

I Dispute that wholeheartedly, newer anime are done moreso on computers with digitization added into it for effect, the quality in itself of an anime doesn't depend on the art of the show, it depends on the whole package, the story, the art, the music, etcetera.

Correct me if I'm wrong here, but are you saying that because old anime, are.. well old, that their stories do not hold up to the stories of today? because that's quite frankly the largest lie I've ever heard in my life when it comes to anime. - there are plenty of great groundbreaking titles from the past, such as Gatchaman, Neon Genisis Evangelion, The Slayers, The Original Ghost In The Shell Movie. to less common things, like Ahsita No Joe, so are you telling me that newer shows are better than the older ones based on presentation?

I'm sorry, I disagree with that, this isn't an argument over "New Versus Old" being better, There were a ton of older shows, like newer shows, that are quite frankly, Awesome, and there are a ton of older shows that were quite Frankly, awesome, as well as the flipside of that of both the newer and older generations well... just.. being a pile of garbage. or rather, having their own piles of garbage.

Some newer titles that are out now that are great shows, Include Black Lagoon, Ergo Proxy, The Ghost In The Shell TV Series and BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad. (This is my opinion, not everyone's going to like these)

Some Great OLDER Titles, Would as I said: Be: The Slayers, Ranma 1/2, Berserk, Neon Genisis Evangelion, and His and Her Circumstances, so you really can't dispute "Quality" based on Era, There's honestly, no way that that can happen fairly.

CrystalAce
03-14-2009, 03:29 AM
Well, apparantly new things are most of the times appealing to large number of people. But then again, the phrase "Old is Gold" is also quite true. However, in terms of anime which largely depends on the story, you cannot make-out differences between old anime and new anime just because of the time-phase. Old stories which are good don't fade away with time so as, the new stories shall stay even in the future if it's appealing to the people.
Story is the soul of the anime. Of course, people like to watch anime with good graphics, sounds, and other presentations but if the story is garbage, the entire anime is garbage:rolleyes: itself. So, some old animes are better than other old animes while some new animes are better than other new animes.
So simply, you can't judge an anime just because of the time-phase.

But then again, if you judge an object just because of it's time-phase and not it's innner quality then, you are simply not thinking logically and rationally:cool: .