PDA

View Full Version : Editing.

Daenerys
11-18-2003, 11:58 AM
Am I the only one who thinks it's unfair that mods have the edited by, and then regular users can choose weather or not to have one?

Cloud Strife
11-18-2003, 01:17 PM
i think it's unfair. let kaitou know maybe he can fix the problem?

Kaitou Ace
11-19-2003, 04:29 AM
fixed. both mods and members have it appended now, without a choice.

Daenerys
11-19-2003, 01:26 PM
That's not what I meant!

I don't think mods should have it.

I mean, admins don't.

Jakiao
11-19-2003, 05:23 PM
My stance is this: If a user chooses to edit their post, that's their business. If an admin chooses to edit someones post, why should they hide from it? Do they have something hide because they edited it? It should be listed.

Daenerys
11-19-2003, 06:01 PM
I think that if a mod edit's someone's post, they can choose to have the little edited by thing, and if they edit a regular post of thier own, they can choose not to have it.

And I think the sigs can damniytdhdLGJHDGHdgh

I started looking at your sigs. I like the cloud one :D

And I think it's the same for members, except, they probally wouldn't want to say they edited a post O_o although I sometimes did.

Jakiao
11-19-2003, 06:46 PM
Well, we're both entitled to our opinions o_O;;

Heh, yeah, I like the cloud one too, but I found out how to get it to randomly choose one and display it. Heh, the ever-changing sig! Once I get unlazy, I'll set up the way to do it.

Piper
11-19-2003, 07:30 PM
I like the cloud one better.

And as for another issue.. What of Titles? Mods/Admins used to be able to have titles, and users with 1000+ posts, had the ability too.

Fabala
11-19-2003, 10:33 PM
In a perfect world, I'd (Everyone, in fact, regardless of status) like to choose whether or not to have it included when making edits on my own post. I'm weird...I always feel guilty about having that little "Edited by ____ on ____" on the bottom of my post. Like I did something wrong O.o;

Then, I think it should be mandatory for a mod or admin only when editing someone *else's* post. That way, there would be no discrepancies regarding whether or not a post was altered, and whom did the changing.

*shrugs* Personal preference.

MistressPookyChan
11-19-2003, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Reiako@Nov 19 2003, 11:27 PM
Then, I think it should be mandatory for a mod or admin only when editing someone *else's* post. That way, there would be no discrepancies regarding whether or not a post was altered, and whom did the changing.

Totally agree with that point. It lets users know that the mods caught them (if they did something wrong) and prevents forums that have multiple mods from getting blamed for what the other may have done.

Daenerys
11-19-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Piper@Nov 19 2003, 04:24 PM
I like the cloud one better.

And as for another issue.. What of Titles? Mods/Admins used to be able to have titles, and users with 1000+ posts, had the ability too.
It was 2,500 and then changed to 3,000.

Kaitou said it was like 150,000 or something right now, till he figures out what to do with it.

And that's all I know O_o;

I hope we can get custom titles again, those rocked.

And Rei said exactly what I was trying to say, but somehow made it more understandable.

And Pooky's sig scared the crap out of me at first. I was all looking and I was all "Oooh Pin... omg it's moving."

Piper
11-20-2003, 12:45 AM
Damn. 150,000? O_o;; Hm.. Hopefully we'll get our titles back though. And hm.. Rei does have a point.. O_o;;

Belisarius
11-20-2003, 05:43 PM
The current ranking scheme blows religiously. I've been trying to come up with a suggestion for a scheme, but I suck even worse.

In the absence of a decent rank ladder, though, there are still options.

AO offers a custom title after 500 posts, which seldom takes long to acquire. It pretty much puts everybody on a level playing field, while having lack of a custom title as an easy way to identify who's brand new

EoFF has a blank default title for everybody, and offers custom titles after the user has been registered for 250 days (approx. 8 months); this means people are usually pretty well-known by the time they get their titles, and still offers uniformity for newcomers.

I don't particularly like either scheme, but they're better than any idea I can come up with, which is bugger all. Maybe it'll trigger an idea in someone smarter than me, though.

Daenerys
11-23-2003, 05:19 PM
I liked the old one, is there anyone who remembers more of it?

I tried doing that website that went into the past websites thing, but I couldn't get into site issues to look. =/