PDA

View Full Version : Runescape - Still Playable?

NightL
03-05-2009, 10:00 PM
Is Runescape still playable?

That question could be debated for hours. But, I'd like you all to give an answer with a "Yes" or a "No", and a reason with it, too.

My answer:

No, Runescape gets addictive, and ruins many children's lives. In my opinion. And also, because it gets boring after a month or two, when people start to think about it's pointlessness.

Kishiro
03-05-2009, 11:19 PM
Runescape was NEVER playable. It has always been a sore spot and embarrassing blemish to MMOs and the Internet in general.

I tried playing it several times over it's evolution, ever since it first came out.

Worst. Game. Ever.

Luka Megurine
03-06-2009, 09:49 AM
SHUT UP NO ITS NOT I MAY JUST BE A LEVEL 37 ON IT BUT ITS BUT IT'S DAMN BETTER THAN WARCRAFT DAMN IT!!! sorry warcraft banned me for a bad disk so i hate the heck out of it

NightL
03-06-2009, 03:45 PM
SHUT UP NO ITS NOT I MAY JUST BE A LEVEL 37 ON IT BUT ITS BUT IT'S DAMN BETTER THAN WARCRAFT DAMN IT!!! sorry warcraft banned me for a bad disk so i hate the **** out of it

Prejudice. I hate that.
Anyways, Warcraft, not their fault you had a freakin bad disk. And, Runescape will suck forever, no-one can change the truth.
And I mean, NOBODY.

Luka Megurine
03-06-2009, 03:56 PM
well i do agree its not their fault but i dont agree with the little runescape always will suck thing. But umm its actually Best Buy's fault but they have all my anime so its like why the hell should I get a refund for something i bought a year ago.

Memento Mori
03-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Runescape is incredibly addicting for the first couple of weeks until you realize you do the same thing over and over again just to level up and be able to say 'lol noob.'

Diocletian
03-06-2009, 05:56 PM
SHUT UP NO ITS NOT I MAY JUST BE A LEVEL 37 ON IT BUT ITS BUT IT'S DAMN BETTER THAN WARCRAFT DAMN IT!!! sorry warcraft banned me for a bad disk so i hate the **** out of it

You're not making Runescape sound any better by the way you're acting. It is a terrible game, hell if you can call it that. The only perk I get is going to youtube and looking at the runescape videos and noticing how dumb people sound calling it the best MMO ever. MAPLE STORY is better for gods' sake.

Ever played Ultima Online? Na, never did, did ya?

ichimoku_fanboy
03-06-2009, 07:34 PM
no...

its the modern version of dungeons and dragons, just a bunch of nerds wearing capes pwning noobs with lvl. 7 maces and what-not...

totally stupid...

Manhattan_Project_2000
03-06-2009, 07:41 PM
no...

its the modern version of dungeons and dragons, just a bunch of nerds wearing capes pwning noobs with lvl. 7 maces and what-not...

totally stupid...
In after person talking about a game they've never played.

Memento Mori
03-06-2009, 08:00 PM
no...

totally stupid...

It's no different than playing any other video game, these online games.

I don't see why everyone thinks Runescape people are nerdy, but whoever plays Halo is UBER KOOLZ.

RumSwiller
03-07-2009, 07:51 AM
No, Never was, never will be.
Not even their "3-d" for members only option.
I saw that in a banner and lol'd.
I played it when I was like, 14.
For awhile.. then I got into maplestory.. another headache.
I played maple for 4 years on and off. lol. -.-

Shion Sonozaki
03-07-2009, 08:20 PM
well i do agree its not their fault but i dont agree with the little runescape always will suck thing. But umm its actually Best Buy's fault but they have all my anime so its like why the hell should I get a refund for something i bought a year ago.

Srry. You told me to get an account and I got one that actaully worked..... I dun care if you yell/curse/kill/ect me aftre I say this but:

RUNESCAPE SUCKED BADLY! TRICKSTER IS BETTER! Yes trickster is fun and I am not calling it dumb but aftyer i downlaoded it I played for a week and then after that every single day for moths it kept saying, "You cannot conect to the game server" after i log in. Dang it!

Anyways my pint is:
Face the truth Akira. it sucks. You just don't wanna embrace the truth. Srr I AM really sorry for telling my best friend this.

Luka Megurine
03-07-2009, 08:24 PM
-cries- I'm a upset Akane-chan....and it might be because of caps locks or something I can try it u gotta tell me these things though remember I played for 3 years. I know that site from corner to corner

Memento Mori
03-07-2009, 08:36 PM
-cries- I'm a upset Akane-chan....and it might be because of caps locks or something I can try it u gotta tell me these things though remember I played for 3 years. I know that site from corner to corner

If you mean you've played Runescape for 3 years...

We don't need to know the site from corner to corner, top to bottom, to know that already-dried paint on a plain white wall is more entertaining.

Ryth
03-08-2009, 12:56 PM

I have to admit I find it highly impressive that someone can play a game like Run Escape for 3 years and still have enough brain cells to even be able to register on an Internet forum. Way to go, champ. <3

Cantelope
03-08-2009, 04:17 PM
I have to admit I find it highly impressive that someone can play a game like Run Escape for 3 years and still have enough brain cells to even be able to register on an Internet forum. Way to go, champ. <3
Quoted for Truth.

Diocletian
03-08-2009, 04:46 PM

Err...that's nothing to brag about....

Shion Sonozaki
03-08-2009, 06:57 PM

Srry Akira. Pleas dun cry! Read what I sent you if your really upset. Or do I have to send you FullMetal Fanatasy again? But still: 3 YEARS!? Could have warned me before I said that!

Howling Star
03-09-2009, 12:06 PM
Lol runescape sucks... The filter is even worst. If you try to talk it ends like this.

Hello ***** are ****
thanks for ***** I'm doing fine

I mean come on mmo's are for interaction with people. If everything is ****

They worked more on the filter then on the game lolz...

It sucks bad graphics....

It could be a awsome game though..

I mean we can't deny the system rocks... Mining fishing woodcutting etc. It does not mean lvling only... If it had the graphics like lineage 2 more mobs. A better level system. It would be one of the best games. But the makers don't care...
So well it's like a good idea that's just ruined. If there was a game where you could just fish or stuff to make money I would play it now. Since I hate farming and like it to switch stuff. Cutting mobs up like 5 hours ain't fun either..

Teddie
03-09-2009, 03:08 PM
They basically ruined the game from the start.
But adding the new "updates" made it even worse.

RuneScape is failure. Nuff' said.

Luka Megurine
03-10-2009, 03:13 PM
ok I finally played it again i finally realize it does suck....i do something for a quest and talk to a person to start it and I have all the right levels and I still cant start it its stupid. Besides that people keep calling me a noob every day I go on I really dont get it. And I'm not bragging im just saying im exaggerating it....

TheAgentD
04-19-2009, 01:38 PM
I had a guy in my old class that casually stated that he was going to "mine 10.000 iron ore" the next time we got a week off from school (holiday). Half of the class thought he was cool. Guess what? He did it. That poor bastard. That was a few years ago.
I'm not gonna deny that I've played Runescape pretty much. However, I was before my time when it came to MMOs. When nerding thier god-damn mining up to 99, I went on to the World of Warcraft open beta. Try to convince a whole class that RS sucks and WoW owns it and you're bound to fail/get isolated. So I played my WoW for half a year and suddenly noticed it was the same **** as Runescape but with more eye-candy. On every quest objective you can add "by killing X.". Get that by killing X. Go there by killing Y. So I quit. Too bad all the guys in my class actually had listened to me while pretending to turn me down and suddenly started playing it. Yesterday my friend told me that he bought and paid for a second account to get some kind of 3 times more experience friend thingy. My other friend added that it only costs about €50 (rough conversion) and that you could get a few high-level characters.
Damn, I derailed there... Back to Runescape!
I'm a little split when I think about RS. I'm not one of those guys that plays Crysis (I don't) just to get the graphics. Maybe it's because I'm an amateur game programmer myself (using the exact same programming language and graphics engine as Runescape (Java/OpenGL)) and know how hard it is to make even near decent 3D-graphics. I try to cover that with cool graphical ideas and unique gameplay. Therefore I can't really say that Runescape is a total failure.
On the other hand, as I and others stated, Runescape IS a failure when it comes to gameplay. A game that needs you to repeat something so many times is not a game. I have NO IDEA how people can pay for that. That's something YOU should get paid for doing. Runescape is probably together with WoW the reason why we removed the "role-playing game" part of MMORPG and turned it to MMO.
From yet another point of view, I have Runescape to thank for my programming skills. If it wasn't for Runescape, I wouldn't have had anything to script automatic players to. XD

OT: How do I make those sexy quote boxes? XD

Memento Mori
04-21-2009, 07:25 AM
My friend recently informed me that whenever her little brother plays, he onlys sees about half as many people as he used to.

Maybe people are starting to use common sense.

Señor Nobody
04-21-2009, 07:28 AM
I tried it, and it's the worst game I've ever played. I wish I could have that day back.

ReSecret
04-23-2009, 10:16 AM
I have to admit I was one of those addicts a few years ago :banghead:
I played for almost 2 years or something, the game never looked good but it was still addictive, but I wouldn't be able to play it again though. All the new updates ruined the game even more.

IdleSniper
04-28-2009, 05:59 PM
No. It simply gets boring after a while, and you realize you have wasted time playing that game in particular

Bloodred-Rose
06-05-2009, 10:21 PM
I say runescape is good for people who never played a mmo, but other than that its worthless now....

Gero50
06-06-2009, 12:16 AM
I said no, because Runescape is just broken. What I mean by that is. The latest version dose not work very well in a lot of browsers. Plus as far as I can tell they have not made much new features either. I have played it and didn't really enjoy it compared to a lot of the other mmo's I have played.

Alkazor
06-06-2009, 02:16 AM
I hate threads like this.

The author said it himself, Runescape sucks and there's nothing anybody can do to change his mind. Aside from that being a really close minded statement, what was the point of this thread then? To just tally up the people who hate Runescape? To convince people who do play that they've wasted their time?

Runescape is like every other MMO, based on a false gratification. With every level you get, you can get some new quest, or item, or skill, or something. WoW is the same, only with more options and a better PvP environment. Runescape also serves as an escape from reality though, like any other form of entertainment.

Just because a person or group of people thinks something is one way, doesn't mean that it is (Not unless ALL humans thought it was that way, but that's getting too far into the metaphysical).

Anybody who does find Runescape fun would either be too afraid to post or get flamed to death. So aside from establishing that not many people here enjoy Runescape, we haven't accomplished much.

FaeryTaleAngel
06-06-2009, 02:58 AM
I must say that I am not too fond of Runescape. When I was younger I liked it, but that was when I was eight. Once I had discovered Sega, Nintendo, Gameboy, Playstation, and XBox, I found that generally, it was a pretty badly put together game.

Lord it has been so bloody long since I have even heard anybody talk about Runescape.

I prefer otherwise.

xXKisekiXx
06-17-2009, 09:36 PM
no , what ruins lives is maple story >_>
1 year playing that game, im only level 52 (i have like 3 level 3x characters >_<) and im adddicted T.T
like yeah
OT: runescape sucks real hard.
id rather play a ps2 without a monitor

Storm Strife
06-17-2009, 09:43 PM
Better question: which is better, Tibia or Runescape?

Susaku
06-24-2009, 01:48 AM
Runescape is not playable. It is just like Tibia: Runescape's Rival. Its just a game with horrible graphics that gets you addicted because you want to lvl up. I mean I play maplestory and I regret every minute of it. Its just so addicting. I have a lvl 127 shadower, 130 night lord, 78 priest, and 91 cheif bandit. Talk about addicting. =/

DeMoNoFtHeFaLl666
07-05-2009, 11:27 PM
runescape is for kiddies....play wow

Tsundere Works
08-03-2009, 08:00 PM
I only played Runescape for three days in the past. Got up to level 7 and that was it.

The graphics were terrible.

Other than that, I don't know much about it, but I'm starting on Mabinogi and it seems like a good MMO. Feels a lot like Zelda.