PDA

View Full Version : Fullmetal Alchemist, Female Friendly?

yodnnee
03-05-2009, 01:55 AM
Hey,
Would you recommend buying a Fullmetal Alchemist Boxset for my girlfriend?
I haven't watch too many episodes as yet ,the reviews say it has a really
strong story line, but is it strong enough to transcend any specific gender appeal it may have?

And particular reason why it's a good/bad idea?

Thanks,
Ben.

Musaki
03-05-2009, 04:20 AM
hey I got fullmetal alchemist from my brother and I still enjoy it so don't be sexist ok

yodnnee
03-05-2009, 05:10 AM
Really sorry if i came off sexist. Completely unintentional. I should've been more specific towards my girlfriends taste rather than her gender. She's mad for a great story line and interesting chracters but isn't a huge fan of violence. I was just wondering what Fullmetal Alchemist has to offer someone who has these preferences.

JIMBO.
03-05-2009, 12:53 PM
the manga was done by a women so I guess girls can like it, I say woman do manga just as good as guys like full metal panic! is good for guys and girls and its done by a woman.

law~
03-05-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm a girl and I loved Full Metal Alchemist. The story is original, and the characters are prety interesting ^_^... yeah there's some violence there, but it's worth watching!

nekosenshi
03-05-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm a girl and I liked FMA. I'm not too bothered by violence though.

Magical Soul
03-05-2009, 02:09 PM
It's fine for everybody trust me this is the FMA freak speaking.

Miss Moonlight
03-05-2009, 02:31 PM
I've seen a couple episodes of it and it was pretty awesome.

It's not an anime I would ordinarily watch though. Which makes it good.

kajikun16
03-05-2009, 07:57 PM
any can relate to the story of fma so it's okay for female to watch it

Revenga
03-05-2009, 08:03 PM
I agree with everyone else^^
Compared to some of the other anime I've seen, I don't really consider FMA to be very violent at all.

Evockzi
03-07-2009, 02:30 AM
Na FMA is for all Around.

More or less where your gonna start Separating genders by Anime would be sometimes certain Action Anime's and Anime's that have strong Male orientated sexual content.

Eg. Girls Bravo

Datenshi
03-07-2009, 04:06 AM
>Fullmetal Alchemist, Female Friendly?
Maybe a little too friendly*cough*BLdoujin*cough*.

In all seriousness, there is some violence but it's never violence for it's own sake (as in nothing over the top; The Lord of the Rings has some violence, but that doesn't mean it's... well, a violent movie). As far as anime goes it's pretty accessible.

Teddy2116
03-07-2009, 04:12 AM
yea i think it would be good if you gave her the box set
i mean i loved the anime and my sister loved it too, and another piece of advice watch it with her :P

see that way if she doesn't like (i hope she does) then you'll be there to keep her company :)

yodnnee
03-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Wow, talk about unanimous! FMA it is then :).
Thanks all.

rikumi
03-10-2009, 01:46 AM
>Fullmetal Alchemist, Female Friendly?
Maybe a little too friendly*cough*BLdoujin*cough*.

*coughyA0icough*...

I'm sure that all females would enjoy it. I've had a friend who once took away my whole set of original FMA DVDs(including soundtrack) and never returned it until now. I s'pose she's still keeping it deep in some treasure chest. >_>;

tsujigiri15
03-12-2009, 10:08 AM
I agree. In fact the only person I know other than me who watches anime is a girl, who really loves fma. Its great cos I can throw in quotations for her amusment now and then

OtakuInu!!!
05-11-2009, 06:12 AM
FMP is cool!!!

you two should watch it together!!!

I'm a girl and I like it why won't others?!

Plus it's super funny!!!:laugh:

Minzy
05-11-2009, 09:32 AM
you cant miss with FMA...great story line with the brothers. I have one older brother and I'd probably follow him anywhere...