PDA

View Full Version : Can you recommend anime I can watch?

Bun-chan
03-02-2009, 04:28 PM
Recently ive gotten more and more into anime because i got friends with someone who likes anime not too long ago, but he mostly watches anime with robots or some other anime i dont like, and i was wondering if you guys and girls could help me find some good anime to watch ^_^

I like anime that has alot to do with characters. it can be a normal anime or it can have some fantasy, but i dont want it to be too serious or mature :/ so there should be some humor in the show :) i also like interesting plots and animes that arent really thoughtless or random. anyway heres a list of anime shows (and movies) that ive seen:

movies:

first digimon movie
first two pokemon movies
spirited away

shows:

sailor moon (when i was a kid)
digimon season 1 and 2
samurai champloo (i thought it was pretty good)
love hina (i love it! <3)
hack sign (i love this one too).

so... as you can see i havent seen that much, but thats because in sweden they dont show that much anime, and im not really interested in pokemon or beyblade or yugioh :P

NightL
03-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Code Geass and Death Note were ranked top on several websites. And they've supposedly been watched by over a million people..or more, if I'm correct. I've watched both of them, and they're truly one of the best animes of this millenium.

If you like Comedy, go try Clannad, or Akikan!.
If you need any more recomendations, then I'm the..man---err, boy.

TheDesertFox
03-02-2009, 04:50 PM
You could try these:
Negima
Bleach
My-Hime
Z-Hime(My-Otome)

mstrmnd48
03-02-2009, 06:09 PM
You could try these:
Negima
Bleach
My-Hime
Z-Hime(My-Otome)

Negima would definetly be one to check out. You could try watching Rosario Vampire.

SigmaSD
03-02-2009, 06:39 PM
You could check out
Ah My Goddess
School Rumble
Death Note
Full Metal Alchemist
Detective Conan
Fate Stay Night
Tsubasa Chronicles

If you want more suggestions, just send me a PM. :)

_Freddie_
03-02-2009, 07:55 PM
Mushi-Shi

kajikun16
03-02-2009, 08:15 PM
air
to love ru
steam detectives
gate keepers /gatekeepers 21
romeo x juliet
this are some series i recommend to you

little miss sunshine
03-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Love Hina's good stuff.
Heheh.
I'd highly recommend Fruits Basket, my favourite of all time.
It fits every criteria you've listed spot on.
=)

Code Geass is another fantastic watch. It may, be rather serious throughout, but there're comedic bits and pieces. And since you like to focus on the characters, I think you might really like it.

Other animes you might wanna watch are Get Backers, Monochrome Factor,
Ouran High School Host Club, and Shaman King.

fantastic array
03-03-2009, 02:22 AM
For anime series that are more funny than anything else: Tenchi Muyo, Pokemon, He Is My Master, and XXXHOLiC. Card Captor Sakura is also really good, along with Revolutionary Girl Utena, and Strawberry Panic, if you don't mind Shoujo-Ai.

As for other recommendations: Gundam Wing is good, though not necessarily funny. Yu Yu Hakusho, Gravitation, Loveless, and Vampire Knight as well are good, though with Gravitation and Loveless you'll have to look beyond the Shounen-Ai if you're not really into that. I'd also recommend Fushigi Yuugi, Fooly Cooly, Naruto (though I don't like it, most others do), Wolf's Rain, and Special A, which is honest to god funny, at least in my opinion. Slayers is also extremely fun to watch. Kimba the White Lion is also good, though is also hard at getting, so good luck in finding episodes!

Also, you seem to be a fan of the movies, so I'd recommend these anime movies to watch: Kiki's Delivery Service, Howl's Moving Castle, Nausicaa and the Valley of the Wind, and Castle in the Sky.

I'm sure you've got a good list of anime to watch, but if you're ever curious about manga as well, I'm more versed in that since I spend more time reading manga than watching Anime (money, lol).

tsujigiri15
03-08-2009, 09:27 PM
I can strongly endorse some of the ones already mentioned - full metal alchemist, love hina (possibly better to watch this after watching some other stuff as it pastiches a lot of anime), fruits basket

My own recomendations are cowboy bebop - by the same guy who did samurai champloo, and the movie akira.

Happy watching!

Aizen-sama
03-08-2009, 09:35 PM
I highly recommend bleach um deathnote, moonphase,black lagoon, full meatl, kodocha aka kodomo no omocha, and thats all i got that i think u wuld like

Shinn Kamiyra
03-08-2009, 09:50 PM
- Detective Conan (if you like a really long mystery series with lots of suspense and unrequited love)

- Death Note

- Cardcaptor Sakura (Sweet and innocent, yet not without its fair share of good plot development and timeless romance between two children)

- Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle (I recommend the first season, perhaps because it stays more true to the manga storyline rather than the plot divergence of the second season. PS: If you find the time, read the manga. Awesome story).

- Gurren Lagann (Highly recommended. Just pure kickass awesomeness all around!)

- Code Geass & Code Geass R2 (If you ever wanted to see a story that pinnacles the emotional conflict between two former best friends that shook the whole world to its core, this is the one for you).

- Gundam Seed/Gundam Seed Destiny

- Gundam 00 & Gundam 00 Second Season

- Hayate No Gotoku (Funny stuff ^_^)

- Tower of Druaga: Aegis of Uruk & Tower of Druaga: Sword of Uruk (If you're ever looking for something to pass a rainy day with).

Bibi of the Blue Sea
03-08-2009, 10:04 PM
Well, there's nothing wrong with mechas (robot animes) but if you want a decent story and if you don't mind the robots to much check out 08th MS Team. It's a love story amidst war.
Like some have already said, try Wolf's Rain and Cowbow Bebop (both a little mature but great plot and character development) both are directed by the same guy. You should also check out Studio Ghibli works (most are done by Hayao Miyazaki, which is worth checking out if you like Spirited Away) these include Princess Mononoke, My Neighbor Totoro, Castle in the Sky, and Howl's Moving Castle. Also, I think you would enjoy something like Cardcaptor Sakura (please buy the japanese subtitled one, you'd like it more). Also check out Ah My Goddess!, Tenchi Muyo, and Fruits Basket.
Happy searching!

The Nightingale
03-08-2009, 10:30 PM
:]

Fruits Basket - is a must see, has a very touching storyline, filled with humor, a tinsy bit of romance, and seriousness at times, very cutesy.

Tactics - I found this one slightly interesting, bit of fan service between the two boys, but no real shounen ai (well I have only seen 10 epis out of 20 something so...) very funny at times, and a good supernatural anime.

Vampire Knight - Vampires...where could you go wrong with that? another funny mixed with romance :]

InuYasha- overrated I know, but still a pretty great anime, I have always loved this, good story with some funny parts, and lots of serious parts too.

School Rumble - Random, school day fun, comedy romance.