PDA

View Full Version : Contests?

_hades the wicked
11-16-2003, 08:23 PM
Hey, it'd be fun if we had contests like we used to on the old forum. What do ya all think?
Don't ask me, I'm totally useless when it comes to creating that kind of things... But any suggestions? What do ya all think of the idea?

onslaught2029
11-16-2003, 10:16 PM
I think that would be a cool idea. How bout one for Rockman.EXE?

just a thought..............

haruko
11-16-2003, 10:27 PM
or does anyone here have halo online on the PC?
we could make a server and a designated time to play
or a old fashined wallpaper contest :)

diablo111
11-16-2003, 11:16 PM
How about an "AnimeWallpapers.com Forum" banner contest?

jumomo
11-17-2003, 12:46 AM
yeah ... contests are nice ... lets make some

omicron_15
11-17-2003, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by diablo111@Nov 16 2003, 11:10 PM
How about an "AnimeWallpapers.com Forum" banner contest?
that sounds cool diablo

onslaught2029
11-17-2003, 08:07 AM
Banner contest is cool. What's the rules for it?

Behindthesmile
11-17-2003, 10:42 AM
hmmm... sure why not... i guess i'll just wait for the rules

MistressPookyChan
11-17-2003, 04:46 PM
If you want to do a contest, please ask me first. This is because I will be able to help you finalize the details and will know when to expect a flood of wallpapers. (hey, im the one that has to do the moderating stuff around here >P )

When you want to suggest a contest please:
-have a pretty basic theme: themes such as "all one color", based on an anime, or a holiday have been successful. A theme such as "most creative" or "most wild" are hard because it changes with each person (besides, arent we all a bit creative already? ;) )

-be detailed!: how many submissions? which wallpaper size? how large? when is it due? (we usually gave 2 weeks) what is allowed and what's not allowed?

-please talk to me before posting it!! I don't want to have to go through and delete and close threads. Also, it will make sure that contests dont overlap or repeat.

I hope that made sense! only been out of surgery for little over 24 hours and they have me on some massive pain killers. :blink:

MistressPookyChan
11-18-2003, 07:29 PM
*bump*

Why am i getting a bunch of PMs saying im a dictator? Honestly, is asking for a little bit of a warning before someone wants to do a contest, and giving a little advice on how successful contests have been done in the past, all that bad? Goodness people! Don't let that post I did discourage anything. In fact, it was supposed to be helpful!!

_hades the wicked
11-18-2003, 09:47 PM
Dictator? That's retarded, if will you excuse the word... Do you all know why is it that she's a moderator? Well, one of the facts is that she was chosen by almost everyone in the past to mod this area... That means that she's got the responsibility to make this thing work and make it work clearly... Dictatorship? You who said that don't even know what that means... She's doing what is right, and you people who should be helping with that only make it look like what it is not...
But hey Pooky, I got a theme for ya... Something rather... Uncommon...

Ok, here goes the settings:
Size::1024x768
Anime/Game::Any
Theme::Has to be a yellow monotone (since it's not really common to see yellow wallpapers, I'm suggesting a yellow monotone... Yeah, you all hear me, the pic's got to be all yellow hued too...)
Limit::One submission per person

What ya think of my idea?