PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favourite anime movie till date?

CrystalAce
02-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Well, you may have watch a lot a of anime series but you also surely must have watch many anime movies, some being just a side story while others being the sequel after ending of anime or games.

So, which is your fav anime movie till date? and, if possible try to give some details about it explaining why you like it.

My fav anime movie till date is Final Fantasy 7:Advent Children. Actually it is a sequel to the game Final Fantasy 7 back in the '97. The game is quite old, but the anime is superb. It is a 3D anime with superb fighting sequences. It is also one of the most famous anime movie out there which you all may have heard off or watched. It may be hard to understand the story without playing the game but the graphics and action sequences make it worthwhile to watch it. Because of the action-packed sequences and superb graphics it's my fav anime movie till date.

Necro'lic Enigma
02-25-2009, 08:31 AM
My favorite movie till date is Cowboy Bebop Tengoku no Tobira (Knockin' on Heaven's Door). Not surprising for me because i have been a fan of their series for a long time now , and i was expecting the same that as the series , the movie wont disappoint at all. And it didnt. In fact , after watching so many anime movies , and judging accroding to that , i have to choose this movie.

While watching this movie , as i expected the movie had that grip in it that i could let my eyes move , even though there was a break . The story line was great.
The character named , Vincent Volaji , he is also described as the most evil guy in the cowboy bebop series. He was one of a kind character in the movie , and hes character design , hes style , hes whole story is just amazing. The main thing about cowboy bebop series and their movies , is there atmosphere . There is a strange atmosphere in the series which makes me want to stick to it more.

And after eating my fingers as well with chips , when the movie ended , the ending song "Gotta a knock a little harder" sung by Mai Yamane , was just a cherry on top of the cake. I mean from the starting till the end , the movie was great and a legendary movie for me of all time.
It surely makes my Favorite movie till date without any doubt and its hard to think that any aother movie will be able to take the place of this one.

Leleiron
02-25-2009, 09:09 AM
I really liked the movie "Grave of the Fireflies."
Its really old but I loved the story behind it and it was so good that I got teary-eyed towards the end. I would recommend watching it, It's very good! :)

Gjallarhorn
02-25-2009, 11:40 AM
My favorite is still Tekkon Kinkreet. A world pieced together beautifully, with older themes, that slowly breaks down from its concrete structure to a very fluid and symbolic state during the progression of the film.

PigFarts
02-25-2009, 03:24 PM
"Howl's Moving Castle:" there's this one scene where they pan across the mountains and the music is so gorgeous, the first time I watched this scene, I cried. Who am I kidding, I STILL cry at that part.

Basically, it's a beautiful movie with breath-taking animation and wonderful characters. The twist on the original story by Diane Wynne Jones is executed very well: it keeps the basic characters and concepts, but Miyazaki adds his own touch to the story and it's truly wonderful. And it doesn't hurt that it's an Academy Award nominated film, either. ;)

kajikun16
02-25-2009, 08:02 PM
howls moving castle and detective conan movies

Lenks
02-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Grave of the Fireflies. Very moving.

Princess Mononoke comes next.

Barako_no_Shi
02-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Laputa: Castle in the Sky.

I just learnt where the director derived this story from recently. XD Ah, I love Studio Ghibli movies, I own all that are released in English, some with two or three doubles. I love them so much. :3 Laputa was one of my first from the studio, which I received for my ninth birthday. Before I'd been a fan of Kiki's Delivery Service, which I've owned since I turned four. I recognized the style immediately and demanded having Laputa and Spirited Away. Adore all their movies to pieces, but it's Laputa I'll always love. (can't wait for Ponyo and Gedo Senki to be released, but I've watched the latter before and loved it)

Diocletian
02-25-2009, 08:24 PM
I still love the Lupin films. Great scenery, bad plot, but still great scenery.

BDNguyen
02-25-2009, 08:39 PM
End of Evangelion was pretty epic. Ending made me go insane for a couple days.

Vamvor
02-25-2009, 10:33 PM
Spirited Away. Overall, it is an outstanding film. It has a deep and intriguing plot with a great cast of characters. In particular, Chihiro is well written and undergoes excellent character development over the course of the film. The relationships between the characters are also well done, especially the one between Chihiro and Haku. Furthermore, both the film's animation and music are superb.

yilin
02-26-2009, 01:24 AM
I still love cardcaptor sakura the movie! ^_^
I love sakura and syoaran!

Datenshi
02-26-2009, 01:32 AM
Patlabor: The Movie 2

Considering the fact that the movie was released in 1993 (8 years before 9/11) and the direction the world has been heading since, the themes that Oshii Mamoru engages in within the film is stunning, close to prophetic.

There's something almost lyrical about the scene where military tanks roam the streets of Tokyo that rings powerfully as time passes, and the director uses the strengths of the anime format (which places the fantastic alongside the realistic without losing the realism, something live-action films often have difficulty acheiving) to the fullest.

Patlabor: The Movie 2 is my favorite anime movie so far, hands down, and it stands watching again and again.

(There was an all-nighter mini-theatre in Shinjuku that was showing it a little while back; I wish they'd do that again so I could watch it on the big screen).

batistuta11
02-26-2009, 01:36 AM
I'd like to say there are so many good animes so far.Everyone may have its own thoughts. For me , I like Rurouni Kenshin (http://www.dvdcollects.com/Search.aspx?keyword=Rurouni%20Kenshin)and Dragon Ball (http://www.dvdcollects.com/Search.aspx?keyword=%20Dragon%20Ball). Maybe and final fantasy.

StabWound
02-26-2009, 12:01 PM
End of Evangelion. Nothing else even comes close.

Teddy2116
02-26-2009, 12:05 PM
End of Evangelion. Nothing else even comes close.

I agree its still one of my fav epic movies

mstrmnd48
02-26-2009, 12:38 PM
Tsubasa Chronicles Movie: The Princess of the Country of Birdcages has to be my favorite movie.

Teddy2116
02-26-2009, 12:40 PM
Tsubasa Chronicles Movie: The Princess of the Country of Birdcages has to be my favorite movie.

wow i didn't know that they had a movie out for it

SigmaSD
02-26-2009, 12:44 PM
I have to say that it's Karas: The Prophecy. Has anyone other than myself watched this movie?

Teddy2116
02-26-2009, 12:49 PM
I have to say that it's Karas: The Prophecy. Has anyone other than myself watched this movie?

can't say i have sorry

Orta Honehone
03-11-2009, 02:54 AM
For me its Princess Mononoke. Besides the fact that its beautiful to look at and has a fantastic plot, it was the first anime I can remember seeing (I saw it in the theatre with my dad) so it'll always have a special place in my heart and on my DVD shelf :laugh:

diamondust13
03-11-2009, 11:45 AM
I liked Whisper of the Heart, a Ghibli film of course lol
A friend and I watched it and we were really able to identify with the characters so well. The art was wonderful and they had a way of capturing how the beautiful organized chaos of the cluttered streets and houses of Japan are, I love little details like that.

Astarot
03-11-2009, 11:50 AM
I don't really have a favorite, i just have a few that i really like.

Grave of the Fireflies
Akira
Paprika
Whisper of the Heart
Pom Poko
Legend of the Overfiend (Not for the faint hearted).

That's it really.

Ezzy
03-11-2009, 02:58 PM
This is a tough one but but the first ones that come to mind would be Mononoke Hime, Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo, and Spirited away. The stories were absolutely amazing in all three of these as I can keep watching them again and again.

mississippibaby
03-11-2009, 04:08 PM
I have six:
howl's moving castle ( i watch it almost every other weekend)
grave of the fireflies (it really made me cry it was so sad but i loved it)
the girl who lept through time (its just so funny but at the same time a little sad)
whisper of the heart (it was sad and sweet)
spirited away (just good and funny)
earthsea (confusing but good)

Pseudonym
03-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Spirited Away is my favourite anime movie. Another one that comes really close is Grave of the Fireflies.

mynameisdave
03-11-2009, 05:51 PM
don't have a single favorite... my recent favorites are

claymore
code geass
fate stay night

ichimoku_fanboy
03-11-2009, 06:43 PM
ANYTHINE by the immortal Hayao Miyazaki-dono is simply divine, truly a splender to behold
-Miyazaki faboy mode-

all are truly beautiful, but the number 1 in my book is Grave of the Fireflies, simply a divine movie, i actually priveleged to watch this movie it was so good... it made me cry too TT_TT and that takes a lot for me xD

03-11-2009, 08:49 PM
I'd also say that Grave of the Fireflies is my favourite anime movie. It's beautifully tragic, and so depressing that I find it leaves me too dead to be able to cry. To me, that's a sign of a really, really powerful movie.

FuriKuriFishy
03-15-2009, 09:01 PM
My favorite so far would be Byoushoku 5 Centimeter. It is one of the saddest movies/anime I have ever seen. A must watch.

tsujigiri15
03-15-2009, 10:00 PM
I know its cliched and retro, but Im a big fan of Akira. I would love to get hold of the manga too. Another movie I liked was the Conquerer of Shambala, the one which concludes the fma anime story. But thats probably only because it provided some closure for the characters I loved

golden girl
03-17-2009, 08:30 AM
my favorite is cars and i even liked ratitoulie

Amray The II
03-19-2009, 01:00 PM
My favourite anime film production is Isao Takahata's "Only Yesterday".

It was the most dramatic and beautiful Japanese anime production that I have seen in all my life thus far. It could not have been accomplished more perfectly and showed exactly what was expected from it.

JIMBO.
03-19-2009, 01:08 PM
Dead leaves

it was by the same guys who did ghost in the shell and jin-roh movies

rikumi
03-19-2009, 01:25 PM
Lots. 5cm per second, Voices of a Distant Star, The Place Promised in Our Early Days, Howl's Moving Castle, Steamboy, Spirited Away, even My Neighbour Totoro. They're all amazing movies.

tenzo_groupie
03-19-2009, 11:31 PM
My favourite anime movie has always been Spirited Away. I just loved it. Wonderful characters and a good plot. (In my opinion)

Miss Digital Moonlight
03-19-2009, 11:34 PM
Probably the Sailormoon R movie
followed by Tenchi Muyo in love!.

daft
03-20-2009, 04:33 PM
The End Of Evangelion = Mind rape... and I loved every second of it.

Ize
03-22-2009, 10:18 AM
1. ) Akira was definatly one of the best. If you ever miss this movie, you're missing one fine page in anime breaktrough .. was it 1988? I wasnt even born yet

2. ) Ghost in the SHell 1995, No doubt its one of the best for its mixture of computer and cell animation

CrystalAce
03-23-2009, 07:16 AM
2. ) Ghost in the SHell 1995, No doubt its one of the best for its mixture of computer and cell animation

Ahh...you liked it. It is also one of my fav any anime till date. Quite a serious and thought provoking anime. Have you watched the 2nd movie Innocence, it's also quite good and this time better graphics too.Though, still, FF7: Advent Children is my most fav one till date.

Anyway, I've just watched Fullmetal Alchemist: The Movie Conqueror of Shamballa (though, the movie was already released back in 2005/06). It was quite a good movie. There's quite a mixture of our actual History in this anime. But as I had already watched the anime before, it felt quite good to watch:happy: it's sequel movie.

tsujigiri15
03-24-2009, 06:52 PM
1. ) Akira was definatly one of the best. If you ever miss this movie, you're missing one fine page in anime breaktrough .. was it 1988? I wasnt even born yet

Exactly! Breakthrough is the word - I mean looking at the art/animation quality compared to others of the time... miles ahead. And it really was the first anime to become well known around where I am I think. As in if you went to someone in the street, they might have heard of it. Possibly the only anime which gets comparable public attention is Pokemon (sigh)

Ize
03-25-2009, 01:52 AM
Ahh...you liked it. It is also one of my fav any anime till date. Quite a serious and thought provoking anime. Have you watched the 2nd movie Innocence, it's also quite good and this time better graphics too.Though, still, FF7: Advent Children is my most fav one till date.

Aye, Innocence and the original flim is definatly in my top 10 list, you can't have one without the other. The visuals is simply stunning.

Advent Children obviously the graphics is past beyond any scrub anime since its CGI Technology and their budget is way over 100million. The only ones thats comparable with them is Final Fantasy: The SPirits Within and
Resident Evil Degeneration which has very high capital to play with. Vexille, Appleseed Ex Machina are slightly below and which normal Anime flims are just mere mortals compare with those CGI Giants and so far no CGI Animated Flims i come accross ever dissapoint me

Exactly! Breakthrough is the word - I mean looking at the art/animation quality compared to others of the time... miles ahead. And it really was the first anime to become well known around where I am I think. As in if you went to someone in the street, they might have heard of it. Possibly the only anime which gets comparable public attention is Pokemon (sigh)

Akira was an anime? This is what you'll hear over here, hardly anyone heard it before =P I only wish Akira was made into a CGI Flim and hope for the best for the live action flim thats being announced recently

Blackrose18
03-25-2009, 01:56 AM
I know its cliched and retro, but Im a big fan of Akira. I would love to get hold of the manga too. Another movie I liked was the Conquerer of Shambala, the one which concludes the fma anime story. But thats probably only because it provided some closure for the characters I loved
yes akira was one of my faves but i also liked howls moving castle

AyumuKagami
04-15-2009, 09:35 PM
My favorite anime movies are Howl's Moving Castle, and Full Metal Alchemist: Concourer of Shambala
I also like the movies Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and Kiki's Delivery service

Van of the Dawn
04-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Probably my most favorite movie would have to be Princess Mononoke. I used to watch it as a kid, and I think it was just amazing.

AutisticOtakuGirl
04-23-2009, 02:54 PM
My favorite anime movie would have to be Princess Mononoke/Mononoke Hime from Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli. I first saw it subtitled at a convention before the American release. Funny thing is, I had no interest at first, infact, I had never even heard of it. At some point at the convention there was nothing else of interest to me for a couple of hours until a screening of the three Sailor Moon movies. So I just went ahead to the screening room where they would be shown and was going to just sit through the film they were about to show which was Mononoke Hime. At first I really wasn't interested in it, in fact I didn't even know what it was. But I started watching from the beginning, was glued to it for the rest of the film, and I totally loved it. I loved the animals, the great detail, the beautiful backgrounds, the action and the overall tone of the film. If I hadn't decided to go to that screening room earlier I might never have seen it so I'm glad that I did. Cause now it's my favorite anime movie up to this day.

Heinekenrana
04-23-2009, 02:58 PM
Ghost in the Shell, Akira, Dead Leaves, Perfect Blue, Robot Carnival, Vampire Hunter D, and Grave of the Fireflies.

amaru
04-24-2009, 01:00 AM
I love detective conan...It was the second anime i've seen, ever since i can not read!

Aizen-sama
04-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Howls moving castle,spirited away,10 tokyo godfather, appleseed