PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Needing Ideas!

cheetahfur
02-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Hi there

I am not really new to anime, been watching it quite a few years, but never been to a convention yet.

Hopefully this August I am going to one in England, and I cant wait... BUT

I dont know who to play as... I have my pic on my profile and am looking for Ideas.

I dont mind shaving my hair / colouring / styling etc, and most ideas Ill give a go.

I would profer a character who is not done to death like Naruto characters...

One of my friends mentioned Spike or Jet from Cowboy Bebop...
or 'The count?' from Vampire hunter D (Ive not actually seen that one)

Please let me know... If this is a totally newbie thing to say... Flame away! I enjoy people making themselves look silly!

=^_^=

Nyao!

Magus Cheetahfur

wowzabunny
02-24-2009, 01:16 PM
What about ichigo from bleach its simple only feath god robes and a sword, and maybe a orange wig

drm0ney
02-24-2009, 05:21 PM
What about ichigo from bleach its simple only feath god robes and a sword, and maybe a orange wig

Think he might be looking for someone he wont see several of.

I think the idea of being Jet is a cool idea.
You might also try Lt. Hughes from Full Metal Alchemist. Seeing as (from you're profile) you can pull off the face fuz and wear glasses.
http://www.fma16.kokoom.com/images/maes%20hughes.jpg

The Rebel
02-24-2009, 08:51 PM
Seeing as I have only been to one convention, I don't know how much I can offer. But when I attended my first, I hit the cosplaying panels. There are many things to keep in mind when cosplaying.
1. Make sure to choose a character you closely resemble. (build, height, and personality.)
2. Make sure you KNOW the character. A key to good cosplaying isn't to just look the part, you need to BE the part.
3. If going in a group, seriously consider cosplaying as a group. Choose a anime and everyone goes as characters from that anime.

Alas, that's all I can recall from last year. And the convention I attended will be happening again in about a month and a half. I have my own prepwork to do.
Oh, Naruto, Bleach, and Deathnote are popular so you might want to avoid them. Myself, I'm aiming for Darkside from Darkside Blues next year. This your, I shall be Vincent from the Cowboy Bebop Movie.
Well, good luck and sorry I couldn't make any real recommendations on who to be. Really, it all depends on who you like, and who you can pull off convincingly. And the FMA recommendation could work.

kajikun16
02-24-2009, 11:01 PM
try gungrave or hellsing