PDA

View Full Version : Kasumi Wallpaper

Flashlight
11-15-2003, 06:25 PM
Ok, I took into consideration all the advice I got last night (Don't try collages, no somply cloud backgrounds, ect), and here's my second attempt at a good wallpaper. :D I'm still in the learning process, and I really do want to someday be able to come out with wallpapers that will absolutely wow you guys, so any criticism will be really appreciated. :D

escaflownemoon
11-15-2003, 06:37 PM
ok very nice bg. I like the scratch effect. but the girl should not be there or at least make some connection with the bg. I do not see a connection with that image of her to the bg. First off get rid of the yellow outline of her because it looks like the bg is alone and really cheap looking sorry to say and the image itself is alone as well. So you need to somehow get a bg that relates to her.

Tal
11-15-2003, 06:39 PM
honestly you need to put more work into it

some walls take me over 1 week to complete, even 2 weeks

some maybe just a few hours

I have over 100 layers on some walls

just think about that and try again. take your time

oh and escaflownemoon thats DEAD OR ALIVE!!!!!! not crappy Soul Crapiber ok! get it right (hardcore doa fan here)

Candy-StarR
11-15-2003, 06:41 PM
I like the trees...

But that girl, she doesn't fit... and u really have to get rid of that gross yellow thing around her
Sorry if I'm being too harsh

O, and I see you've written your name at the bottom of the girl, you should put it on the other side where it will stand out more because you can't really see it where you've put it.

And the red text in the middle of the bg doesn't quite fit. And try to find a more interesting text than comic sans or whatever it is

Cha?

onslaught2029
11-15-2003, 07:00 PM
Kasumi hangs out in a forest reminiscing in her ending movie for DOA3, so i see where the forest comes from. She also fights in the forest, it might be her stage, i'm not sure, but I've fought her there alot.

The yellow outline is alittle much(too thick) and the text can't really be seen, so you may wanna outline that or give it some kind of contrast to the trees.

ownerizer
11-15-2003, 07:20 PM
keep trying. You need to put A LOT more effort into things.

_hades the wicked
11-15-2003, 07:54 PM
It's much better than the previous one, but it still needs a lot of work.
That thick yellow outlineis really unneeded, and the picture of Kasumi is too small for a wallpaper.
I think you'll do a good wallpaper designer when you learn if you try harder and harder, since some people who come here with a first crappy work get all pissy if you givr any harsh criticism and won't change what they've done because they think it's cool the way it is... It's good to see that someone who's a total beginner comes here willing to move forward, so yeah, keep trying.

Flashlight
11-15-2003, 08:11 PM
100 Layers? I thought it should be simple :unsure: I have a lot to learn :D

Anyways, I've edited my last post with a new version of the wallpaper (I still kept my name obscured because I want to keep as much attention away from it as possible. I know that the toolbar will cover it, but still...) :D

Thanks for the help and the encouragement guys. :D

onslaught2029
11-15-2003, 08:31 PM
The text is way to colorful, it doesn't match anything else on the wall. Use some of the colors in the background for the text , but make it contrast so it can still be read.

Kasumi could be alittle bigger if the image quality doesn't suffer from the resize.

Other than the colorful text, its better than the first. Keep at it.

Flashlight
11-15-2003, 08:47 PM
Ok, my third version is now up. I changed the text colour, I hope it works this time. :D I was kinda iffy about enlarging Kasumi, but I did make her a little bigger. Do I need to do more enlarging still? :D

onslaught2029
11-15-2003, 08:49 PM
Its lookin' better.......

jumomo
11-15-2003, 08:51 PM
hmmm too slow ... its like a quarter of my screen ... maybe i got a problem with browser and that wp ... but seems too small ... is there a bigger version ?

Flashlight
11-15-2003, 09:00 PM
I run at 800 x 600 resolution, it may look a little big or a little small depending on what your running on. :D I may make a different sized one once I finish.

Is there anything else I can do to try and make it at least decent, or should I start anew and try again? :D

_hades the wicked
11-15-2003, 09:32 PM
One thing: Never stretch an image... Shrinking is fine, stretching isn't.
BTW, it's looking much better now than it was before, but the text doesn't match at all and Kasumi is too small.

Candy-StarR
11-15-2003, 09:46 PM
The wallpaper is looking alot better now

Good work

But it might just me sumthing wrong with my computer... but what's with the little black dots everywhere?... like if u look hard theres little black dots on the wallpaper they look like this --> "

Hmm...?

And one more thing... I think that Kasumi is too small, maybe you could find a picture of her with legs and stuff

diablo111
11-15-2003, 10:09 PM
Everyone has pretty much said all there is to be said...persistance and patience is key. Some wallpapers go easily, some more difficulty, others just roll over and die (like my latest http://www.animeglobe.com/ubb/index.php?showtopic=512 ...I worked hard on it, but objectively, it sucks a$$). I have several wallpapers that are unfinished and will probably stay that way...ideas that just didn't pan out...that's just the way it goes.

Now on to your wall...the first version was bad...the yellow glow was too thick and opaque. If you like the glow, lower the SPREAD, raise the SIZE and reduce the OPACITY...gives it a softer effect. The second version is better, but yeah, she is too small and the text is too distracting. She really doesn't go with the bg, but it does work on a certain level...keep at it ^_^

Flashlight
11-15-2003, 10:27 PM
The black dots are supposed to be eyes (Guess I should have put more work into them), they kinda go along with the words. :D

Thanks for all the help and support guys!

kadaan
11-16-2003, 03:57 PM
I didn't even notice the eyes when I first looked at it. I don't think the forest is dark enough to make the eyes work well. The background is nice, and the character is decent but could afford to be bigger and cutout better.

jumomo
11-16-2003, 04:33 PM
did i really typed "slow" instead of small up there ? wow ... i was tired i think ...