PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter IV !!

Sagat
02-20-2009, 06:23 AM
All right,

Who has it? I have been an avid SF fan since, well, since it began, and take nerdish pride in knowing almost everything one can know about the story, characters, etc. When IV was announced I jumped up and right out of my roof (the construction team was not happy). When I got it last night I Fierced my room mate right out the window I was so pumped up.

Who do you play as? It should be a no brainer for me. I'm going between Vega (Bison in US) and of course, Sagat. I actually like Sagat more, I just love Vega's psychotic .. everything.

Did that intro make anyone else jump up in down in their seat like some autistic child? Cause I sure as hell did.

BEGIN PSYCHO POWER INFUSION

If people want to play each other post your PSNID, mines Crimsonights

NorthOfTime
02-20-2009, 08:25 AM
Yea i got a friend who lives in my house at the moment, and he just bought it a couple days ago i think.. he loves it. Im not sure i wanna play it. I like fighting games, but ive been more of a Tekken fan then anything else. Im desperatly waiting for Tekken 6, which by the way has a date set for Fall of this year. yay.

but yea..im going to give my buddy your PSNID and you two will prolly get together and play. If you get a friend request by a guy by the name of GloryHound something something, then thats him. i dont remember his username. I play Call of Duty 4 non stop and you can add me too and play em at that. Mines Broly3k8

JIMBO.
02-20-2009, 08:37 AM
I'm sorry but I will never like the 3d street fighter, much less the 3d kof games, is it just me who thinks this in wrong street fighter was a big part of my child hood, I bet none of you younger guys have even played street fighter 1 where Sagat was the boss of the game.

even after this game they are still going to be making the 2d ones mark my words

The Strike Freedom
02-20-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm sorry but I will never like the 3d street fighter, much less the 3d kof games, is it just me who thinks this in wrong street fighter was a big part of my child hood, I bet none of you younger guys have even played street fighter 1 where Sagat was the boss of the game.

even after this game they are still going to be making the 2d ones mark my words

I still own street fighter 1 and 2 for the sega genesis, too bad my sega genesis doesn't work, their pretty much keepsakes now. Im ok with the 3D, but I think I do prefer 2D as well, its just how I know and love street fighter.

Kishiro
02-20-2009, 01:03 PM

The game plays almost the exact same as Street Fighter 2, with more moves and abilities, and really, really, really pretty. It's like Super Smash Brothers. Full 3D graphics with a 2D play style.

The game is perfect.
If you like Street Fighter, you should own this game.

JIMBO.
02-20-2009, 02:08 PM
It's like Super Smash Brothers.

ok now you lost me.

Hanamaru Kunikida
02-20-2009, 02:10 PM
Wondering if I should get this one over King of Fighters 2009. (I like KoF more but still love SF)

JIMBO.
02-20-2009, 02:21 PM
get KOF XII its the newest 2D one looks sweet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNhfpYNeNHg

Sagat
02-20-2009, 09:43 PM
ok now you lost me.

The game is not 3D. It plays on a 2D axis with 3D backgrounds and dimensions, but both character remain on a fixed plane, for that great old school feel.

On another note, is anyone else annoyed when fighting Abel? His freaking front roll into the twisting throw drives me up the wall. Almost as frustrating as Seth and his teleport/throws.

Diocletian
02-20-2009, 09:54 PM
I owe my friend for letting me play as Abel. I used to be a Blanka fan now I'm a convert. The question is why he reminds me of Chun-Li....

Sagat
02-20-2009, 10:03 PM
I can see Abel being amazing in the hands of a skilled player. What bothers me about him is his relative lack of combos and versatile moves. His dashing punch into a throw is easily blocked and countered, the air grab is okay, his roll and twister throw rocks, but other than that ... His backflip kick whatever is all right but still easily countered. I can see good Chun Li, Sagat and Dhalsim players shutting Abel down completely

Teddie
02-21-2009, 08:30 AM
I really want to play this game..But I'm kinda worried if it's a blow out.
I grew up with Street Fighter and remember it being one of those games I played so much. The graphics look great though.

Magical Soul
02-21-2009, 08:32 AM
I suck at this game. =(

Sagat
02-21-2009, 09:53 AM
I really want to play this game..But I'm kinda worried if it's a blow out.
I grew up with Street Fighter and remember it being one of those games I played so much. The graphics look great though.

Like I said I've been a fan since the start, and not only is this a new street fighter, it feels and handles like the old. Don't worry, anything but a blow out.

Diocletian
02-21-2009, 05:39 PM
I can see Abel being amazing in the hands of a skilled player. What bothers me about him is his relative lack of combos and versatile moves. His dashing punch into a throw is easily blocked and countered, the air grab is okay, his roll and twister throw rocks, but other than that ... His backflip kick whatever is all right but still easily countered. I can see good Chun Li, Sagat and Dhalsim players shutting Abel down completely

Old SF fans will probably be better with the older players than the new ones. I'm not new to it but don't go way back and can play with both new and old easily. I'm better with Abel than anyone else in the roster.

I'm very terrible with Blanka...

Bring Me The Horizon
02-21-2009, 05:50 PM
I bet none of you younger guys have even played street fighter 1 where Sagat was the boss of the game.

SAGAT WAS THE BOSS OF STREET FIGHTER 1?!?!?!?!?!

JIMBO.
02-21-2009, 06:41 PM
thats when he got the big scar on the chest from a dragon punch, they show it in the anime too

Sagat
02-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Abel sort of reminds me .. and to an extent .. handles like Alex from SF III .. anyone else think this?

Teddie
02-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Like I said I've been a fan since the start, and not only is this a new street fighter, it feels and handles like the old. Don't worry, anything but a blow out.
alright. thanks. I look forward to getting this game then. :)

Sagat
02-21-2009, 09:36 PM
http://www.eventhubs.com/guides/2008/oct/17/street-fighter-4-tiers-character-rankings/

bahaahahahah Sagat's top tier, the world has a god after all and its my alias ahahhahha

Nice to see Bison is fifth, Ryu being second not surprising. Zangief being in top three is nothing short of utterly surprising.

NorthOfTime
02-21-2009, 11:29 PM
Ok so... i suck at it.. I played it for like ab hour and yea it looks cool and feels kinda good to play, its just not as fluid as i would like it to be, if you no what im trying to say. I played it online and was emidatly met with people who know how to do 1 move and 1 move only.. ANNOYING!.. so im just nto going to play it anymore. But hey Sagat, my house mate said he sent you an invite. You should add him and give him a try. hes pretty good.

JIMBO.
02-22-2009, 06:20 AM
anyone still play Capcom vs SNK 2 ?

Teddie
02-22-2009, 07:15 AM
anyone still play Capcom vs SNK 2 ?
Yeah! I love that game. It'll always be one of those games that wont collect dust in my case. :laugh:
And I saw the tier.. Sagat is always top. =_=

JIMBO.
02-22-2009, 10:48 AM
I like what they did with the custom grooves and sub skills (dashing and air blocking parry's)

Hugo-Kof
02-22-2009, 03:01 PM
As a big fan of Arcade fighting video games, i did not have to think it twice before i bought this game, one of the things that i mostly like is that is still a 2D Fighting Game.

I have been playing for hours, and i had a hard time unlooking the hidden charachters, but it was worth it though, now i spend hours playin online, but still i'm looking for a way way much better oponent.

My fav Characters are Ryu, Cammy and Fei Long, it shoked me when i found out that they were including this last character (Fei Long) in this game, this characters is one of my varry verry favs on the Street Fighter Games.

Sanosuke23
02-22-2009, 05:57 PM
Actually, those tier rankings are pretty close. Sagat has a slight advantage over everyone but nobody is completely owned by anyone else.

The only exceptions are Sagat v. Vega and Sagat v. Zangief really, and both of those make perfect sense to me.

All in all that makes me think the characters have a good sense of balance to them, which is good.

Sagat
02-23-2009, 09:39 AM
I am having a hell of a time unlocking friggin Akuma. I get to Seth and that cheap bastard ends up beating me. Drives me up the wall to get that far and then have it all go to hell.

JIMBO.
02-23-2009, 12:09 PM
I claim to be the best with Akuma

RAGING DEMON!!!!!11!!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/jimbo8472/blinkandyouwillmissit.jpg

Sagat
02-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Well, I beat it with one perfect and no losses with of all people, Blanka. No Gouki though. From what I read, I did it right? Some people say he will not appear that instant though, that it takes certain characters and some time?

I read conflicting information though. Is it one perfect no losses to fight Gouki, and 2 perfects and 3 ultra combo finish for Gouken??

NorthOfTime
02-23-2009, 06:45 PM
I claim to be the best with Akuma

RAGING DEMON!!!!!11!!
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y180/jimbo8472/blinkandyouwillmissit.jpg
How many times you going to show that pic around the Forum? This is like the second time ive seen it.

Hugo-Kof
02-23-2009, 06:54 PM
I read conflicting information though. Is it one perfect no losses to fight Gouki, and 2 perfects and 3 ultra combo finish for Gouken??

damn!!! is it that hard to unlock those chars?, then i do not se myself unlocking them in a looooooong time, i have unlocked only the easy ones, but after that i got lazy of unlocking the rest, i still need to unlock like 4 more i guess =/

JIMBO.
02-23-2009, 08:24 PM
How many times you going to show that pic around the Forum? This is like the second time ive seen it.

sorry boss, anything else I can do for you ?

NorthOfTime
02-23-2009, 09:22 PM
Do take it personalle bro.. it was more of a sarcastic comical question then anything.

wolfgirl90
02-24-2009, 10:37 AM
I have played it, but unfortunately, I do not have an Xbox 360 or a PS3. There is supposed to be a PC version coming out in a few months, so, maybe I will get it then.

There is one thing I did notice though: why are Chun-Li's hands so big? I mean, they are HUGE by female standards.:ninja:

JIMBO.
02-24-2009, 11:48 AM
Do take it personalle bro.. it was more of a sarcastic comical question then anything.

meh dont mind me I got thick skin.

-|[Frank]|-
02-24-2009, 10:26 PM
Im liking SF 4 alot. it plays like the classic 2D fighters, but feels amazingly fresh at the same time! some people i know that arent big fans of the old street fighters games hav been talking about how they absolutely love this one:laugh:

i play an hour or 2 a day usually, add me on xbox live if u's want to play (im not that great at it lol)

Gamertag: SugaCookieMan07

Brojasu
02-25-2009, 01:01 AM
PS3CE and TE stick :D. As of now Ken is my main. Game's GOTY material

Diocletian
02-25-2009, 07:39 PM
I wanna know how my friend unlocked most of the characters. I'd look them up OL, but nah. The PS3 buttons are near broken on the controller.

El Fuerte is made of nothing BUT fail.

Teddie
02-25-2009, 08:01 PM
I bought the game today you guys. I like it. :] Blanka is cheap as heck though. lol. Stupid electricity..

Sagat
02-25-2009, 08:44 PM
Finally, finally, finally unlocked Akuma. All I did was get two perfects (only need one) and get to Seth without losing a round (I set it to one round easy mode).

The reason I kept failing before is that I would give up if Seth beat me. Didn't know you could continue over and over once you reach Seth. Of course, knowing this, I finally end up getting a perfect on Seth....really could have used that ohh I don't know three days ago!!

But yay Akuma.. now for Gouken!

ShinyaZel
02-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Brojasu, wtf!? I live in Millington. Isn't Arlington close? Anyway, Iove this game. Abel is awesome. You can air grab shotos that get shoryuken happy, c.HP -> Ultra, awesome tick throw involving the tornado, ultra goes through projectiles, etc. Definitely not the best, but fun. If anyone wants to play, my PSNID is Fizz-sama. You can add me and send me a message or something.

Teddie
02-25-2009, 09:09 PM
I really like Sagat. He's good in this one. o:

Brojasu
02-26-2009, 03:24 AM
Brojasu, wtf!? I live in Millington. Isn't Arlington close? Anyway, Iove this game. Abel is awesome. You can air grab shotos that get shoryuken happy, c.HP -> Ultra, awesome tick throw involving the tornado, ultra goes through projectiles, etc. Definitely not the best, but fun. If anyone wants to play, my PSNID is Fizz-sama. You can add me and send me a message or something.

Actually Millington's is like a 15-20 minute drive from me :D

On topic for people wandering about how to get Akuma/Gouki and Gouken, heres what Capcommunity said (it works as I got them this way)

Akuma/Gouki- After unlocking all characters but Seth, Akuma, and Gouken, get 2 perfects, 2 ultras, and no continues in Arcade. Beat him to unlock him.

Gouken- After getting Akuma, get 3 Perfects, 3 Ultras, and no continues in Arcade. Beat Gouken to unlock him

ShinyaZel
02-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Brojasu: Can't remember if you specified or not, but do you play it on the 360 or PS3? If you have it on the PS3, we should play sometime.

Brojasu
02-27-2009, 01:54 AM
I have it on PS3

Akito0o
02-27-2009, 04:30 AM
get KOF XII its the newest 2D one looks sweet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNhfpYNeNHg

That dose look super sweet

Takamura
02-27-2009, 07:07 AM
i have it but its really hard my brother is awesome at it i like tekken better

Kenza
03-05-2009, 01:22 PM
any online in SFIV?

jackjun
03-25-2009, 07:23 AM
man . .street fighter IV is sweet! (i'm a tekken fan as well).

Capcom vs SNK 2 is good too.

Anyone know where's a good place that sells videos game t shirts?

mikawah
03-25-2009, 07:25 AM
video games t shirts? that's pretty lame .. no wonder i never see anybody wearing them.

Sagat
03-25-2009, 10:52 AM
Actually Millington's is like a 15-20 minute drive from me :D

On topic for people wandering about how to get Akuma/Gouki and Gouken, heres what Capcommunity said (it works as I got them this way)

Akuma/Gouki- After unlocking all characters but Seth, Akuma, and Gouken, get 2 perfects, 2 ultras, and no continues in Arcade. Beat him to unlock him.

Gouken- After getting Akuma, get 3 Perfects, 3 Ultras, and no continues in Arcade. Beat Gouken to unlock him

Just to add - you can do all of this on easiest mode. To do it on harder is just a total PITA.

jackjun
03-27-2009, 09:57 PM
wearing anything is just a form of expression on how u feel about something, and Street fighter rocks!

Amray The II
03-29-2009, 06:52 AM
It did not prove to match expectations, but it is still good. Of course it is not at all better than the original 2D God blesses.

That is all I will type based on this.

XtremeKakashi
03-29-2009, 11:11 AM
I love this game i just unlocked Akuma Today :) i always use Ken

JIMBO.
03-30-2009, 09:46 AM
I dont care what you say about me for trolling but you guys have to see this if you a street fighter fan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuIB4jshjO0
old school for the win!

daft
03-30-2009, 05:53 PM
Played it, and like it very much. Character of choice: Sakura of course. ^ ^''

Saint Seiya
04-08-2009, 07:26 PM
Add me so we can fight online PSNID: MauPeru

Akagami no Shankusu
04-08-2009, 09:35 PM
I bought a 360 just for this game.

I played alot of SFA3 (and some of CVS2) in a tournement enviroment and arcades. This game doesnt make me want to do this :(

djluminus89
04-09-2009, 01:03 AM
I never really was much of a Street Fighter fan, but I did really liked Marvel Vs. Capcom 2. After playing this at a friend's I decided I had to get it. This game is sick, haven't played a fighting game since Soul Caliber IV, it is very epic and well polished. The graphics look great and the anime cutscenes are a nice touch. My personal fave is Sagat. tag: x Luminus420 x

I'm still learning though...

Aizen-sama
04-20-2009, 11:58 AM
my favorite character is chun-li though in sf 4 she is slower so she not my fav in that one instead my fav is between sakura and cammie

Kyo Kusanagi
04-20-2009, 12:31 PM
I know there was some talk of this earlier, but to unlock Gouken you only need one perfect. 2-3 ultra finishes (I think its two but I'm not sure), and the very important part, you need to land 5 first attacks.

Amray The II
04-25-2009, 11:06 AM
I was so happy with Sakura's outcome. Her design was beautiful and her configuration could not be more perfect! I am most glad that they produced my primary character so well.

Dan Hibiki was good too. I cannot usually use him well but I was good with him on this one. I went through the Arcade so quickly with him, probably the quickest.

Minato Namikaze
04-26-2009, 10:38 AM
The game is not 3D. It plays on a 2D axis with 3D backgrounds and dimensions, but both character remain on a fixed plane, for that great old school feel.

On another note, is anyone else annoyed when fighting Abel? His freaking front roll into the twisting throw drives me up the wall. Almost as frustrating as Seth and his teleport/throws.
ABEL ANNOYS THE HELL OUT OF ME WITH THOSE THROWS!! Well In SFIV I mainly play as Ryu, Ken, Gouki, or Gouken(OWNS by the way.) Gouken's awesome.. I just wish his hurricane kicks went forward instead of upwards..bah and his uppercut.. LOL..its more like a slam my palm in your face thing instead but still affective so it's all good. Gouki is still a LOT quicker though. For all SF Fans, this is a must have. I was not at all disappointed in this one. Yay for Capcom! SF EX series was a fail though.. I hated it. This one went back to the roots.. so.. that's why I love this one. Now awaiting Tekken 6's arrival.

hypnotoad
04-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Abel is pretty much built as the anti shoto character.

Ryuuzaki HD
04-27-2009, 10:19 PM
loved the game at first now hate it with a passion its now in pieces around my room thats another £60 i will never see again. at least i still have those crappy figures i got with it

IdleSniper
04-28-2009, 06:05 PM
I don't think this game will be really successful, not long term. I mean, what could you possibly add to the game to make it innovative and new? New characters, new moves? The same thing as usual

Seta Souji
04-29-2009, 02:38 AM
I don't think this game will be really successful, not long term. I mean, what could you possibly add to the game to make it innovative and new? New characters, new moves? The same thing as usualI'd say its pretty successful. I haven't heard any news saying poor sales on this game. Also if you don't add new characters or new moves, how would you make it to have it more "innovative and new"?

The focus attack system is genius. They were able to keep street fighter back to its old roots but added a parry like ability that people loved in the third strike series. It allows you to cancel specials to do another attack or to step away if they blocked it.

Also i like the 3d look. Its a nice new look and it puts the ps3/xbox graphics to good use. Still on 2d plane so i don't see why ppl have to bash on it so much.

ShinyaZel
05-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Brojasu - If you're still around here man, is that the name you use for the PSN? If so, let's get some games in.

StabWound
05-12-2009, 09:53 PM
I don't think this game will be really successful, not long term. I mean, what could you possibly add to the game to make it innovative and new? New characters, new moves? The same thing as usual
Sure, never mind that there are several brand new meters, an ultra, EX, completely different mechanics, priorities, hitboxes, frames, moves, balance, etc, etc. It has the same pictures of characters and move execution, it must be the same!

As far as success, it's sold over 2 million so far, so it's already successful.

ShinyaZel
05-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Street Fighter has always been a HUGELY popular game, but I don't need to tell you that. There are still tournaments for 3S, and that game came out like what, ten years ago?