PDA

View Full Version : Otogi Wall

acamori
11-14-2003, 09:19 PM
well, after searching far and wide, i ended up having a friend scan the box and part of the book for the game. anyways, i ended up with this (the swords in the back are from the game's website and are in the game). the wall is kinda loosly inspired by another wall for the game, that i'd love to show you but don't have a link for at the moment (and my connection is too slow to try and find it)

anyways, without further ado, here it is:

_hades the wicked
11-14-2003, 09:27 PM
So busy...
At first glance I thought it was just a mix of colors, but after wasting my eyes a little more, I finally noticed there really WAS a guy holding that sword there...
I think it's too colorful... The text you used on the bottom goes well with the character though.

acamori
11-14-2003, 09:41 PM
yeah, i meant to mention that i'm not entirely happy with the very back part, i wanted to kinda color wash it so it wasn't so vivid, but it just made it look flat and washed out...any suggestions (btw it was gonna be a red color wash or yellow, probably red)

like this, not sure if it's really all that much better:

kadaan
11-14-2003, 10:28 PM
The second one is MUCH better. You could always just lighten the background and not cover it with a certain color.

MistressPookyChan
11-14-2003, 10:32 PM
The second one is much much better

_hades the wicked
11-15-2003, 12:21 AM
The second one is so very much better dude.
But I'd say desaturate it a little, and change the color of the outer glow of the character (actually, now it's even easier to see the character there... lol)

omicron_15
11-15-2003, 06:15 AM
Looks good I like the second one though, I liked the color theme in the first one, nice job.

acamori
11-15-2003, 01:21 PM
hmmmm...well i desaturated the bg some (about half for the swords and only a little for the red part) and i took the red overlay out, i think it looks better than either of the other two so far (see, these are things i wouldn't really have noticed without someone else pointing it out) anyways, see for yourself:

kadaan
11-15-2003, 04:02 PM
I think it would look cool if you put the outer glow on just the sword. Outer glow on everything is kinda corny... but it does help him stand off from the background I suppose.

escaflownemoon
11-15-2003, 06:52 PM
I like second way better. Atleast I could see where the guy's head is.

Flashlight
11-15-2003, 08:20 PM
I liked the first one better, but I have to admit the second one would be much better on my desktop. :D

K6576
11-17-2003, 03:29 AM
As much as I liked the original, I'd say that the reddish background one is the best thus far... though they all look good.

<< throws a stapler at acamori then cowers beneath his desk, fearing retaliation >>

acamori
11-17-2003, 08:45 AM
hmm, i acctually thought the desaturated one looked better, guess that&#39;s just me. i might play with it so the glow is just on the sword and see how that looks, though i&#39;m kinda worried that the rest of the character won&#39;t stand out enough if i do...we&#39;ll see

<<throws the stapler back at k6576>>

jumomo
11-17-2003, 10:43 AM
i like the third version most &#33;