PDA

View Full Version : My Wallpaper!

Flashlight
11-14-2003, 09:01 PM
Hi everybody. I'm a long-time fan of AW.com, first time on this board though. Anywho, I made a little wallpaper of my own. I don't think I can submit it, as it's both an SC II and a DOA 3 wallpaper, so there's no place it can go. I'm not even sure if it's very good, but that's why I'm here. To ask what you guys think of my wallpaper. Be brutal, I want to learn! :D And I like this smilie :ph34r:

Tal
11-14-2003, 09:03 PM
i just have to say DoA owns all other fighting games

thats all....

acamori
11-14-2003, 09:11 PM
it's going to have to be said so i may as well say it myself: what you did is just an asortment of pictures put together above a cloud filter, basically it's a collage. several of the pictures look like they could easily be used to make seperate walls (like the picture of ivy for instance would work great)

try doing a little effort, hmm?

Flashlight
11-14-2003, 09:17 PM
So, collage type wallpapers = bad? Gotcha. Oh, and that little remark about putting effort into it was a little cruel :( Just kidding! :D I did say to be brutal. :D

_hades the wicked
11-14-2003, 09:34 PM
OK, so you're willing us to tell you our REALLY honest opinion ne?
Well, I'll have to say that not all the collage works suck... If they're well applied they can make some of the greatest walls, but that is not the case, so just don't do that unless you're EXTREMELY sure about what you're doing.
Another thing to note is that you may never want to have just a simple cloud filter as your background... Using different styles of pics together is also not something really good, like having two black and white pics and three colored ones. Usually it'd be best to simply stick with one style or the other, unless you want to focus some point so you make it different, but that's not the case.
Also, you would like to spend some time with doing cutouts on the pics you want to use on your wall. Depending, it may take more than simply hours, but that's the way it is... I'll show you the newest thing I'm working on as soon as I finish doing the cutout, the wall and post it... Believe it or not, I've spent more than 4 hours just to clean the picture up, and still didn't do the cutout, so that's gonna take about... One more hour or so... So yeah, it's a boring process and extremely time consuming, but it's the one that shows off the best results, so I'd suggest you try it. If in doubt about more things, go to some of the pinned threads, they may be helpful.
Hope this was of any help.

Flashlight
11-14-2003, 09:41 PM
Actually, that was a great help! :D Thanks! ^_^ ;)

omicron_15
11-15-2003, 06:24 AM
Just pic one picture you like, the bigger the better, and make your wallpaper around it. Im sure you can find some very tastey pictures of Ivy out their. :lol: And just keep working at it the more time you put into a wall the better it will get.