PDA

View Full Version : what anime shows that have made you cry?

mitsuki tensei
02-19-2009, 09:11 AM
hmmm well a few weeks ago my sister and i sat down to watch at this anime called Nana and when the drama started we couldn't take it and began to cry i realised tears pouring heavily down my cheeks and couldnt stop them from comming out so i just watched the anime while my eyes burned up, after a few episodes i was like omg >.<, my Tshirt was soaked. i think i might have taken this one too serious. lol. so far anime shows like nana, rumbling hearts, peach girl and full moon wo sagashite have made me tear.

i don't know if theres a thread similar to this but it would be a pleasure to know what anime shows that have made you tear lots. arigato ^^

wowzabunny
02-19-2009, 09:22 AM
none

Magical Soul
02-19-2009, 09:24 AM
Elfen Lied.

Swarley
02-19-2009, 09:29 AM
None really.
Although, I did get really sad in one episode of Lovely Complex..but then I started laughing again. =]

Necro'lic Enigma
02-19-2009, 09:31 AM
There are rarely any animes on which i have cried , but i admit when animes like for example cowboy bebops ending scene , yes , i have cried, but on endings many people cry..... But as you have mentioned , crying over and over as you have said about anime Nana , i never had a situation where i cried like this as you have , and you even soaked your t-shirt with tears....wow....tee hee hee
I aint that emotional , i guess.

Magical Soul
02-19-2009, 09:35 AM
Oh and FMA in parts.

lisagogo
02-20-2009, 12:51 AM
hmmm well a few weeks ago my sister and i sat down to watch at this anime called Nana and when the drama started we couldn't take it and began to cry i realised tears pouring heavily down my cheeks and couldnt stop them from comming out so i just watched the anime while my eyes burned up, after a few episodes i was like omg >.<, my Tshirt was soaked. i think i might have taken this one too serious. lol. so far anime shows like nana, rumbling hearts, peach girl and full moon wo sagashite have made me tear.

i don't know if theres a thread similar to this but it would be a pleasure to know what anime shows that have made you tear lots. arigato ^^

I love NANA,too. When two girls have misunderstandings with each other. I feel very sad and can't help crying. I admit the friendship between the two girls. I hope I can have the similar life, so wonderful!

I love code gueass, when lulu is dead, I cried. So sarrow!!!

lisagogo
02-20-2009, 12:53 AM
None really.
Although, I did get really sad in one episode of Lovely Complex..but then I started laughing again. =]

Notice your avatar, do you like HYDE?
I am a big fan of him!:rolleyes:

Evockzi
02-20-2009, 01:42 AM
none

oo tough guy =D

So far only one that has physically made tears appear is:
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien

That first incident was so sudden and shocking...

Ending of School Days was very Shocking but I was half cheering and half shocked to death/tearing up from it o.o

yilin
02-20-2009, 02:44 AM
tsubasa chronicles, CCS, mirmo de pon...^^

Haoie
02-20-2009, 03:01 AM
Watch Grave of the Fireflies and not cry.

Go on, I dare you.

jnLL
02-20-2009, 04:19 AM
When I watched Air, I got a bit teary eyed but not to the point of actually crying.

Zahnhauser
02-20-2009, 05:22 AM
Trigun, those who've seen it know which part I'm talking about.

Shion Sonozaki
02-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni and Kai. Wolf's rain somewhat. Chobits (I dunno why I just did.....). And some of Bleach!

Luka Megurine
02-20-2009, 03:08 PM
The end of Code Geass r2 for me Nunally cried hysterically so it made me cry too besides that Lelouch died! NOOOO!!!!

Evockzi
02-20-2009, 05:01 PM

Go on, I dare you.

I keep hearing stuff about this movie... Still yet to watch it... Never gotten around to it....

I gotta hurry up and watch it >.<

The end of Code Geass r2 for me Nunally cried hysterically so it made me cry too besides that Lelouch died! NOOOO!!!!

btw Shouldn't put out spoilers >.>

Sora-san
02-20-2009, 06:06 PM
u-oh im forget...
i think many anime make me cry....

Interpreter
02-20-2009, 06:50 PM
Hmmm... none.

TheDesertFox
02-20-2009, 06:54 PM
None that I've seen.

kajikun16
02-20-2009, 11:19 PM
hana yori dango

proEuphie
02-22-2009, 10:43 PM
I didn't cry when Euphemia died in Code Geass but I was really shocked and angry and I couldn't believe that people still like Lelouch. I have been doing a bit of writing on the subject including parts of a song that Euphemia sang at a surrender ceremony when Cornelia ocnquered Area 16 or Area 18. Euphemia's song was to console and remind the defeated enemy that they had lost and gained and will lose and gain many things far more important than military defeat or victory. She sang that when her sister was blinded and crippled she tried to cheer her up but felt terribly sad seeing her like that. And now that she can't see her at all she wishes that she hadn't minded her condition so much. She wishes that she could see her again,
"but if I ever see my dear sweet sister
I will know it's just a happy dream"
That made me cry.

Evockzi
02-22-2009, 11:00 PM
Personally I think the Ending in Code Geass was one of the best I've seen, only 1 death ever really stuck of me that semi disturbed me...

The Real Akai
02-23-2009, 12:19 AM
When I watched Air, I got a bit teary eyed but not to the point of actually crying.

O.O how could you not cry your eyes out at Air?!
That Anime seriously broke me down it's the only one I have ever seen that did that to me but it did it thoroughly especially the last epp

Leleiron
02-23-2009, 01:34 AM
I cried when I watched "Bokura ga Ita"
The ending was sad...

I cried there too but then I started laughing because (SPOILER!!!)
When Lelouch fell down (after being killed by Suzaku) the slanted slope that he slid down made me laugh because there was a comment underneath the video that said "Slip-n-Slide!!!"
That cracked me up... Everytime I watch it, I laugh. :)

Here's the link: (contains Spoilers) its around 0:52- 0:57. It's kind of fast but I couldn't stop laughing "SLIP-N-SLIDE!!!!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cB2I_9Z8GJ8

Chiodo
02-23-2009, 02:17 AM

Go on, I dare you.
I don't think I cried to that one, but I have cried to..:

Eureka Seven (from sadness, happiness and a lot of feelings tbh :p Epic show)
Kimi Gaza no (something?)
Elfen Lied
Clannad
Please teacher

and probably some more, but I can't remember. :)

Crimson Tears
02-23-2009, 10:43 AM
There have been quite a few anime shows and manga that have made me cry but the most recent was Chrono Crusade by Daisuke Moriyama. I read the manga awhile ago and cried but just yesterday I finally watched the box set and I cried *Spoiler* when Chrono and Rosette died. The manga and the video was quite different and the way Chrono and Rosette died had some similarities. I mean atleast in both they died happy and together. :(

Datenshi
02-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Kimi Gaza no (something?)
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kimi_ga_Nozomu_Eien)?

Weird, I could have sworn I answered a similar thread really recently.

Anyhow. There have been several anime that made me feel emotional, but the only anime that actually moved me to tears was Doraemon Comes Back (Kaettekita Doraemon). Especially the part where Nobita and Jaian are fighting in the mud, and Nobita refuses to give up.

Oh, and not anime, but Fate/hollow ataraxia. Rider... ;_;

Hugo-Kof
02-23-2009, 07:08 PM
This might sound weird but, One Piece Made me cry a couple of times, specially when it comes to watching the past of the main characters.

NightL
02-26-2009, 10:27 PM
I, too cried at Eureke Seven, whenever Renton was getting hit by Holland for no specific reason at all...
And obviously at the end of Code geass R2!

SweetChoco
02-26-2009, 11:23 PM
fushigi yuugi and clannad

fantastic array
03-04-2009, 01:11 AM
I have a rather long list of anime/manga that have made me cry, due to the fact that I'm honestly the most emotional person ever. :/ But, I'll list the animes and I'll add in where I cried if it isn't obvious. Oh, and my post is going to contain spoilers, so be cautioned!

Fushigi Yuugi (both manga and anime)- When Nuriko died, this automatically brought tears to my eyes. I loved Nuriko. Also, I cried at the end when Miaka and Yui managed to become friends again.

Sailor Moon- I cried when Tuxedo Mask was taken from Princess Serenity after she first changes into her, and near the end of the second part when Raye smacks Serena and tells her to gtfover it. I heavily cried when Serena and Darien are reunited in the last episode of the first season. I usually cried at every sad and extremely happy moment, but I'll never forget how much I cry every time I watch the second episode of Sailor Moon R, when Darien breaks up with Serena and Serena's in the phone booth, crying because Dariend won't be able to make it to dinner. I also cried in most of Sailor Moon R The Movie: The Promise of A Rose, most of Sailor Moon S, SS, and Sailor Stars, and the last movie. This is one of the most emotional animes for me.

Rumbling Hearts- The entire anime is just, sad. :/

Cowboy Bebop The Movie- At the end when Vincent is dying.

Tenchi Muyo- Any time Ryoko gets extremely emotional with Tenchi, I cry.

Fruits Basket- I always cry at the end. :]

Ouran High School Host Club- The episode when the host club is out at the beach, and Tamaki and Haruhi are fighting and there's that thunderstorm, and Tamaki realizes Haruhi's scared of thunder. I also love the part where she says "I have some business to take care of in here, so good nigh!" and closes the door to the cabinet of drawers. It's hilarious. I then cried at the episode when Haruhi and Hikaru are out on a date together, and he rushes to the church to comfort her when there's another storm. I also cried at the end.

Pokemon the First Movie- I cried at the end when Ash dies, just like everyone else.

Death Note- I cried when L died, along with at the end with Light dying. :/

Cowboy Bebop- Cried at the end when Faye shot Spike. :/

Kiki's Delivery Service- Cried at the end. Such a good ending!

Howls' Moving Castle- Also cried at the end. I think this ending is better than Kiki's. >_>

Vampire Knight (manga)- I cried the first time Zero bit Yuuki. I cried when Zero killed Ichiru, even though Ichiru told him to. I cried when Yuuki's best friend wanted to know what was going on with Yuuki, but Yuuki couldn't tell her about the night class. I also cried in one of the latest chapters when Zero and Yuuki split ways. :/

Astarot
03-08-2009, 12:38 AM
Grave of The Fireflies, not a series, i know, but this is the second thing I've ever watched that made me cry, well not crying like a baby, but i did shed a few tears xD.

The whole movie was sad enough as it is and then Setsuko died and that really got me going.

WitchHunter
03-08-2009, 04:34 AM
The Makoto arc in the Kyoani's version of Kanon was damn depressing. So were a few of the later episodes in Clannad After Story.

The Nightingale
03-08-2009, 10:35 PM
I agree with you mitsuki, rumbling hearts, was an extremely heart wrenching one. Fruits Basket, the last few episodes, FMA, episodes with nina tucker, the funeral for hughes, and the last few, plus the movie. Grae of the Fireflies, the whole movie was so damn sad.

I cry easily >_< so I am sure there will plenty more ha.

Foph
03-08-2009, 11:52 PM
None, thus far, anyway.

daikageshi
03-09-2009, 12:06 AM
Notice your avatar, do you like HYDE?
I am a big fan of him!:rolleyes:

I LIKE HYDE TOO!

daikageshi
03-09-2009, 12:10 AM
the ending of code geass
some episodes of code geass

rikumi
03-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Fruits Basket, Elfen Lied, CGR2, Macross Frontier, FMA(when first watched it), Gundam Seed(last episode), Naruto's first ever movie >_>;.... 5cm per second & The Voices of a Distant Star.

Loved those ^w^

tenzo_groupie
03-09-2009, 02:06 AM
Grave for the Fireflies and Spirit Away both in completely different ways.

FuriKuriFishy
03-15-2009, 03:50 PM
The Clannad movie, Clannad and Clannad After Story made me cry like 6-7 times if i added them all up. Myself;Yourself, Fruits Basket, 5 cm per second also made me cry quite a bit.:(

Asriel
03-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Code Geass and Cowboy Bebop and oddly XD Inuyasha.

lowellgallagher
03-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Elfen Lied :)

WIXIE
03-16-2009, 04:14 AM
Tsubasa Chronicle season 1 first episode only
and
Zoku Natsume Yuujinchou episode 11
really sad and touching

mstrmnd48
03-16-2009, 12:29 PM
Ending of Chrono Crusade made me cry a bit.

03-17-2009, 06:59 AM
I haven't cried over any anime, actually, but I remember getting a little choked up over the last episode of Elfen Lied and certain parts of Grave of the Fireflies.

Orta Honehone
03-18-2009, 07:28 PM
As far as crying through the whole thing, none that I can remember; but shows like Grave of the Fireflies, Fullmetal Alchemist, Gungrave, and even Naruto (on occasion) have made me tear up...

IchigoKurosakiGirl
03-20-2009, 09:37 PM
Well, I'm going to be honest: I would have to say just about every single anime I have ever watched has made me cry for one reason or another. Some are easy to explain why, and some aren't as easy to explain why. Though, out of all the anime shows that have made me cry, I would have to say the ones that made me cry the most were:

(1) Bleach (I love Ichi, and when he hurts, I hurt...EX: he lost his mom)
(2) Full Metal Alchemist (many sad things happened throughout series)
(3) Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora (a.k.a "Looking Up at the Half Moon") (very sad anime; the girl is very sick)
(4) Inubaka (well, this is a manga--dogs die)
(5) Trinity Blood (ending theme song "Broken Wings" makes me cry)
(6) Gundam SEED Destiny (so many people die in the war...also theme songs are beautiful)
(7) Naruto (so many emotional things have happened!)

AND MANY MANY MORE!!!!! SOME MORE THAN OTHERS...

Mika Miaka
03-20-2009, 09:42 PM
Fushigi Yuugi made me cry . . . :( but that was only because I was in a crying mood ^__^

Noskee88
03-22-2009, 11:21 PM
some parts of kare kano(his and her circumstances) got me pretty chocked up also MahoroMatic a little bit :(

tsujigiri15
03-24-2009, 06:16 PM
I confess I bawled like a baby at the end (well, last few episodes) of azumanga daioh. It was this bizarre sentimental feeling, cos Id been really 'involved' with the characters, and I was sad the thing was ending so I wouldnt have it to enjoy, and that the school days of the characters were ending too, and that my own schooldays were over (this was a year after I finished school) - and my own little clique had drifted apart

Tsukamoto-San
03-26-2009, 09:23 AM
Gosh, I have a list:

I cried with Pretear (go on, laugh, it doesn't bother me) It was just such a happy ending and what happened with Sasame (I won't post spoilers) I cried even harder.

I haven't finshed it yet but I cried with Gunslinger Girls. Expecially for poor Claes. I didn't shed large amounts of tears but there where some.

There's a couple more I can't think of and one I'd mention but I'm not in the mood to be teased for it...

A O Discord
03-26-2009, 09:30 AM
Never really cried so to say, Got quite upset and close with Air and Ef: A Tale of Memories though

SSDynamite
03-31-2009, 02:04 PM
Without fail I cry at the last episode of Dragonball Z every time I watch it.
"Pokemon 4ever!" also made me cry, but let's not spread that one around >.<

Zenga
03-31-2009, 02:18 PM
I didn't cry but I was upset when Misuzu died.

AutisticOtakuGirl
04-23-2009, 03:13 PM
Chrono Crusade at the end of the series. I cried so hard and still do whenever I watch the last episode. It's a real tear jerker.:broken:

mstrmnd48
04-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Chrono Crusade at the end of the series. I cried so hard and still do whenever I watch the last episode. It's a real tear jerker.:broken:

yea it is a tear jerker. i admit too that i have cried a bit when i saw it.

mimichan1000
04-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Ayashi no Ceres
Fushigi Yugi

Legend of the Twilight
04-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Blood+
FullMetal Alchemist
Death Note
.hack//sign
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd GIG

animesnob
04-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Elfen Lied.

Well, I've never cried over any anime show, but the last episode of Elfen Lied was pretty emotional, especially the scene with Kurama.

Neddog
04-23-2009, 08:45 PM
Meh, I cry at some point in most of them. I guess I'm just an emotional guy. I've seen my dad cry at movies, so maybe it's hereditary.

espeon977
04-23-2009, 09:00 PM
I've cried watching Lucky Star, anyone who's watched knows what I'm talking about, it's episode twenty-six, i don't want to spoil it so much, but, it's so sad ,but happy.

Then there's Kuroshituji, i don't even know why, the ending is just really sad, I didn't even realize it for a while, maybe i shouldn't have watched half of it all a once.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni- Only read the manga version of it, but it was Himatsubushi-hen, when Oishi reveals what happens, it's just so surprising.

Aizen-sama
04-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Witchblade anytime rihoko show her love for her mom and when masane died,..Chrono crusade when rosset got taken control of and when her and chrono died, naruto when gaara and itachi died,full metal alchemist when the lieutenant colonel died

JIMBO.
04-24-2009, 09:18 AM
I feel sad when

they had to burn the going merry in one piece.

the Tachikoma's got killed to save Batou

I dont watch a lot of anime since I like manga

golden girl
04-24-2009, 11:27 AM
I cried while watching dragonballz and even while watching naruto i have cried somewhat twice or thrice while watching dragonballz it was when goku was struckon planet namek and gohan was crying for his daddy, when goku died to save planet earth so that it isn't destroyed and when goten met his daddy for the first time in his life that was really emotional he cried out daddyyyy lol and i cried when naruto was telling the li'l boy {he met while protecting the old in the first time} to fight the world instead of sitting in a room crying for hours and expressing your pathos for no reason as life needed to be lived i really bursted out into tears at that time and i don't know why.

XxxScarlettxxX
04-25-2009, 01:42 PM
Pokemon the movie makes me cry everytime i watch it which is way more often than i should and it is the only film that makes me cry.
tv show wise wolf's rain made me cry, A LOT.

IcePriestess
04-25-2009, 02:07 PM
I cried at the end of death note and while watching elfen lied ;)

EstherG.
04-26-2009, 09:41 AM
Felt a little sad while watching Elfen Lied - the soundtrack helped - but the one who really brought me to tears was Rurouni Kenshin, particularly the first OVA's and the Kyoto Arc. I was about 15 when I first saw the series and it still brings me to tears.

shinryou
04-27-2009, 12:30 AM
AIR.... I almost cried at how bad the ending was... no offence... but i was really depressed after watching it...

OtakuInu!!!
05-13-2009, 04:54 AM
Naruto!!!
Hana Kimi Japan- this is not the anime this is the live one!!!
Well that's it so far!!!

midori-no-ink
05-13-2009, 05:45 AM
Fruits Basket made me cry both the first and second times I watched it.

Grave of the Fireflies got me close, but not quite...then again, I was with a group of friends when I watched it.

Other than that, no titles immediately come to mind...

Wait, no, that's not true - Pokemon has made me cry before. "Pikachu's Goodbye", anyone?

IFS
05-13-2009, 06:44 AM
H2O Foot prints in the sand

Taikutsu_Remedy
05-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Diebuster was the only anime to ever make me shed a tear.

There is a reason why I have a love/hate relationship with Gainax.

.Tatty.
05-13-2009, 09:45 AM
any anime scene thats remotely upsetting in anyway XD

XxPantherChickxX
05-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Code Geass. X3

XxPantherChickxX
05-13-2009, 10:28 AM
Or anything where something sad happens. =3

Shinigami_55
05-13-2009, 10:59 AM
i dont know why but i cried at shobits semi-final and final episode,its so sad,happy and wonderfull at the same time.
cried at some animes too but i can't recall their names(bad memory today),also cried in a episode of gunslinger girl but can't recall the episode number.

agiup
05-13-2009, 10:50 PM
bokura ga ita
midori days
clannad
one piece (water 7 when they will rescue robin when all the mugiwara pirates stand in the ennies lobby facing the cp9 and while robin is crying and telling to luffy to save her, also the death of going marry)