PDA

View Full Version : perfect world

Teddy2116
02-17-2009, 01:01 AM
Ok I'm currently in the act of downloading this game Perfect world. it looks really really good. it somewhat remains me of wow but a little bit more user interactive. hopefully i wont be disappointed but i wanna know if anyone has played this MMO? And what can they tell me about it?

wizz-o-matic
02-25-2009, 02:31 PM
it soon gets boring and repetitive.

Cantelope
02-25-2009, 07:33 PM
Cookie-cutter asian MMO. Avoid it.

Howling Star
02-26-2009, 04:42 AM
I played it slow lvling also it's boring. If you want a game like wow you better play wow. And if you want a other fun game. Warhammer online or something like that seems really nice. But it's all p2p. You could try a lineage 2 *cough*private*cough* server. Aah well good luck man

Alycursed
02-26-2009, 08:32 AM
It actually looks pretty good, but from what these people have said, I'm having second thoughts on downloading it. xP

I tried "Imagine" forgot the rest of the name. Kinda good..
No, not really.

╬Big Boss╬
03-01-2009, 10:22 AM
I've played this game before. I didn't explore a lot of the game, because of a lot of reasons. I suppose I'll review it here.

Graphics: 9/10
It's no question, this game is quite visually appealing. It was pretty fun keeping my eyes on the horizon and seeing the landscape unfold as I quest further into the land. The towns and cities are also quite amusing. They are pretty large and they offer a multiple amout of NPCs to talk to and interact with. The game also prides itself with it's character customization feature, you will be able to edit your characters eyes, nose, mouth, jaw, smile, age, hair, body size, all that good stuff.

Music: 3/9
Although at first, the music is beatifully orchestrated. It fits the land well, but.. It gets repetitive, quickly. There are only a few songs that I can think of anyway. So you're looking at listening to the same songs over and over again.

Character Development: 5/10
I am up in there air on this one, this part could be either good or bad, it's all about what you want from the game. It was pretty long and time consuming to level your character. When you did gain a level, you are given five stat points, which you can spend on your stats, depending on what you're trying to make. Gear was another issue for me. I like to look at my character from time to time and critique his appearance. It is hard to do that when my character always looks more or less the same. All the gear is very similar to the gear that came before it, and they don't look to tasteful, they're quite bland.

Player v. Player: 1/10
I'm giving this a 0 because I never got a chance to do PVP. All I got to do was duel against a few other players. There is very little ganking or world PVP going on, because you need to be level 30 in order to attack other players unprovoked, and there aren't a whole lot of level 30's around. The arena is also pretty shocking, I can't really review it since I needed to be level 80 to be allowed in. I leveled to 32 and gave up on this game since I look for PVP in an MMO.

Another thing to consider,
Like most MMOs found on the internet, this game is free to play, it is not free to enjoy. You need to pay money for "credits" that can be exchanged for in-game items such as certain mounts, certain equipment, and things of that nature. Another thing that they offer there are "telecoustics", which allows you to talk in World Chat, that all players see. That's right, you cannot simply talk to a vast amount of players in the immediate area without paying real currency.
All in all, you're probably going to have a little bit of fun exploring the basics of the game, but by the time the fun runs out, which will be soon, you'll be either forced to quit the game, or continue playing, but paying for you're in-game items, and when you're paying to play an MMO game, you might as well buy a game from the store that is much better and offers more, such as World of Warcraft or Warhammer.

Teddy2116
03-01-2009, 10:55 AM
I've played this game before. I didn't explore a lot of the game, because of a lot of reasons. I suppose I'll review it here.

Graphics: 9/10
It's no question, this game is quite visually appealing. It was pretty fun keeping my eyes on the horizon and seeing the landscape unfold as I quest further into the land. The towns and cities are also quite amusing. They are pretty large and they offer a multiple amout of NPCs to talk to and interact with. The game also prides itself with it's character customization feature, you will be able to edit your characters eyes, nose, mouth, jaw, smile, age, hair, body size, all that good stuff.

Music: 3/9
Although at first, the music is beatifully orchestrated. It fits the land well, but.. It gets repetitive, quickly. There are only a few songs that I can think of anyway. So you're looking at listening to the same songs over and over again.

Character Development: 5/10
I am up in there air on this one, this part could be either good or bad, it's all about what you want from the game. It was pretty long and time consuming to level your character. When you did gain a level, you are given five stat points, which you can spend on your stats, depending on what you're trying to make. Gear was another issue for me. I like to look at my character from time to time and critique his appearance. It is hard to do that when my character always looks more or less the same. All the gear is very similar to the gear that came before it, and they don't look to tasteful, they're quite bland.

Player v. Player: 1/10
I'm giving this a 0 because I never got a chance to do PVP. All I got to do was duel against a few other players. There is very little ganking or world PVP going on, because you need to be level 30 in order to attack other players unprovoked, and there aren't a whole lot of level 30's around. The arena is also pretty shocking, I can't really review it since I needed to be level 80 to be allowed in. I leveled to 32 and gave up on this game since I look for PVP in an MMO.

Another thing to consider,
Like most MMOs found on the internet, this game is free to play, it is not free to enjoy. You need to pay money for "credits" that can be exchanged for in-game items such as certain mounts, certain equipment, and things of that nature. Another thing that they offer there are "telecoustics", which allows you to talk in World Chat, that all players see. That's right, you cannot simply talk to a vast amount of players in the immediate area without paying real currency.
All in all, you're probably going to have a little bit of fun exploring the basics of the game, but by the time the fun runs out, which will be soon, you'll be either forced to quit the game, or continue playing, but paying for you're in-game items, and when you're paying to play an MMO game, you might as well buy a game from the store that is much better and offers more, such as World of Warcraft or Warhammer.

LOL i already downloaded it and played it for about 2 hours and kinda got bored so yea thanks for the input guys... i wont be making a bad choice like that again lol

Magical Soul
03-01-2009, 11:00 AM
It's just pointless and boring.

LittleMomo
03-01-2009, 11:04 AM
It's not really what I expected really ^^' I even played a private server to PvP and it was not really good either lol. Didn't take me long to find something else to play.

Teddy2116
03-01-2009, 11:18 AM
so I've heard... yea my friend has given up on it also and started back on Eve (I dont know why he just did). now my question is this: What do you think of Eve online?

To me from what i seen it look ok but not something to I would get into. I don't wanna tell people who haven't seen it/or played to turn away from it. So don't listen to me on a game I don't know much about.

But Anyway thanks in advance and thanks again for your feedback guys

RumSwiller
03-07-2009, 07:56 AM
The only real cool thing about the game was that you could customize your character to a pinpoint. Flying was a pretty cool aspect, I just didn't like how, I could jump 50 feet in the air. I thought to myself. "lawl gravity?"
The wsad movement felt weird. (Im used to wsad) It's just their game mechanics felt really off, I just didn't like the feel of the game at all.. I played it for like.. 3 days maybe..

I've never played Eve, so I can't really say anything about that one. :p

MidnightMayonaka
04-10-2009, 09:51 PM
I play perfect world only casue my bf dose. its a cute game for couples i guess mostly if u think about it

IdleSniper
04-29-2009, 06:39 PM
I think this is way too similar to Lineage 2. I didn't like it. Cute characters, but too repetitive.