PDA

View Full Version : FRIDAY 13Th

Rein*
02-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Are you superstitious? I'm not but i do scare easily.
What's you're favourite horror movie?

Look out a black cat. She get sfrightened and starts running. Wait someone shouted but she already dashed right under the ladder . If she hadn't put on her breaks she would have crashed right int the delivery men carry an a antique mirror.

So are you? Superstitious????

SigmaSD
02-12-2009, 03:06 PM
No not really. But it is interresting to learn how superstitions originate. Of course most people already know how Friday the 13th started. It was the day when the church murdered the Knights of Templar.

Eris
02-12-2009, 03:07 PM
I'm not superstitious at all. I fail to find any mechanism with which black felines, or certain dates would cause bad luck.

No not really. But it is interresting to learn how superstitions originate. Of course most people already know how Friday the 13th started. It was the day when the church murdered the Knights of Templar.

This seems questionable, since the Friday the 13th superstition appeared in the 19th century (according to Wikipedia.)

3pleT
02-12-2009, 03:17 PM
paraskevidekatriaphobia :/
but seriously, how stupid do you have to be to fear a certain day and/or number. people came up with them and now there just so happens to be one that can kill you?! tomorrow i'm walking around the town with a chainsaw and everyone who flinches will be slain.

drm0ney
02-12-2009, 03:20 PM
I like friday the 13th... My birthday lands on it this year!!! Yay! ^.^

But really how can one day be bad? Or a black cat? Or breaking a mirror?

Ak1ra
02-12-2009, 03:53 PM
I think, Friday 13th is an awesome day for everybody who dislike traditional celebrates.

Hey, hey! All Voodoo People!
HAPPY FRIDAY 13th!
C'thulhu fhtagn!

DOOM!
02-12-2009, 03:55 PM
DON'T MISS
http://www.itsonlyamovie.co.uk/screen%20shots%20and%20titles/friday%20the%2013th%20title.jpg
Only on KILLRADIO KISS-KISS

Sagat
02-12-2009, 03:57 PM
More nonsense that idiots/teenage girls freak out about.

Ak1ra
02-12-2009, 04:01 PM
Friday 13th In My Time Zone!
Happy Friday, Everybody Who Is Voodoo!!!

None of the above
02-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Depending also on your cultural circle, superstitions vary.

Example: Tuesday, the 13th is seen as highly loaded with bad karma, in other parts.

Got into a habbit of doing things one way and not the other but it's far away from being superstitious.

Diocletian
02-12-2009, 05:53 PM
OP, what are you talking about? Is this a Friday the 13th thread, Jason Vorhees thread, or am I governmentally paranoid thread?

Cancre
02-12-2009, 07:08 PM
yay I love freaking people out on this day , heheheheheheheh revenge time . yeah it's great because the stupid people you hate who beleive in it you can pull pranks on. superstion is bull it's all about probablility.

wolfgirl90
02-12-2009, 09:11 PM

Wasn't that in the Da Vinci Code?;)

MetalIsEternal
02-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Nah. I think it's silly. I have a black cat and my sexiness breaks mirrors all the time ;D

TheDesertFox
02-12-2009, 10:06 PM
I think I'll smash some mirrors tomorrow to prove superstion is bull.
Anyone care to join?

BestFly
02-13-2009, 12:04 AM
I think I'll smash some mirrors tomorrow to prove superstion is bull.
Anyone care to join?

as long as you pay for them.

Haoie
02-13-2009, 03:30 AM
Just a number folks.

Just a cat.

Just a mirror.

jnLL
02-13-2009, 05:00 AM
I don't believe in superstitions at all. I am extremely annoyed by my classmate a while ago when she told us to stop watching our silly horror (not really) movies on Friday the 13th. She said that brings bad luck. I don't care about that, 'cause I don't believe her XP

FaeryTaleAngel
02-13-2009, 05:36 AM
I love Friday the Thirteenth!!!!!!! Heehee Nah, I am most definitely not superstitious... Or so I think... But, I am annoying, I mean I have annoying habits. *cough* *cough* You completely did not hear anything at all...heh... No really, you did not. Ha-ha! Ooooo Horror movies!!!!!!! I love those too!!!!!!! Heehee Due to this reason, I do not have a favorite, I just love them in general. Go Friday the Thirteenth, we have three this year! *grins*

Ooooo Yes, learning how superstitions originate is quite interesting, indeed. *smiles* That is so awesome-socks! Ha-ha!

kamaaina ^_^
02-13-2009, 06:11 AM
So are you? Superstitious????

no, in fact i try to break as many superstions as i can just to prove they dont exist :D

Necro'lic Enigma
02-13-2009, 06:28 AM
No not at all i am superstitious , no matter how many black cats cut my path , this is because when you care about yourself , if something bad happened to me , then i seem to have believed in this , but i dont care what bad things happen to me anymore so thats why i dont believe in superstitious things.

.Shino Aburame
02-13-2009, 07:23 AM
Hm. It's been going great fo me so far. Lol.

Um... my favorite scary movie(at the time) has to be the Friday The 13th series. =]

Anyone going to see the new movie today?

Luka Megurine
02-13-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm not so superstitious but I'm born on St.Patricks day the day of luck. And my favorite horror movie is between Nightmare on Elm Street and Resident Evil.

-akichan-
02-13-2009, 10:05 AM
I don't care at all, I even go out and buy chicken! It should not be a big deal...But seriously, I'm seeing fewer people in school than usual today!

I'm born on St.Patricks day the day of luck.
Oh~so your birthday is just 5 days after mine^^

Dr. Evil
02-13-2009, 10:56 AM
I am superstious after reading this...

http://www.wral.com/news/national_world/national/story/4530735/

Maybe its just coincidence but come on...what are the chances?

kamaaina ^_^
02-13-2009, 11:13 AM

that was yesterday, the 12th

Dr. Evil
02-13-2009, 12:11 PM
Close enough though...the flight was due to land at 12:01 am

Rein*
02-13-2009, 01:58 PM
Nah. I think it's silly. I have a black cat and my sexiness breaks mirrors all the time ;D

As for black cats its crap. i had one too. but aren't we overconfident and have a big ego. i hope you don't spend too much on replacing mirrors.

John Watson
02-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Thats just silly~
I'm not superstitious one bit.

Although bad things DO tend to happen to me very often. Hmm. o__o;;

Brandandy
02-13-2009, 02:35 PM
Sometimes I guess I am a little. Friday the 13th doesn't scare me though. My sister won't even leave the house today. Crazy! I remember the first time my Dad told me if you break a mirror it was 7 years bad luck...I broke one cuz I thought it would mean I knew I would live at least 7 more years ^-^. I'm an idiot. BTW, my fave horror movie is "Dawn of the Dead." The zombies were so fast! OMG!!!!

Ak1ra
02-13-2009, 02:40 PM

As a matematitian I can assure that that's just a coincidence.
Tomorrow, for example, is the St. Valentine's Day. Let's look in Wikipedia and learn, how a lot of horrible things happened in this day.

February 14:
1349 - Approximately 2,000 Jews are burned to death by mobs or forcibly removed from the city of Strasbourg.
1556 - Thomas Cranmer is declared a heretic.
1565 - Ivan IV the Terrible creates Oprichnina
1779 - James Cook is killed by Native Hawaiians near Kealakekua on the Island of Hawaii.
1919 - The Polish-Soviet War begins.
1929 - St. Valentine's Day Massacre: Seven people, six of them gangster rivals of Al Capone's gang, are murdered in Chicago, Illinois.
2004 - In a suburb of Moscow, Russia, the roof of the Transvaal water park collapses, killing more than 25 people, and wounding more than 100 others.
2005 - Seven people are killed and 151 wounded in a series of bombings by suspected Al-Qaeda-linked militants that hit the Philippines' Makati financial district in Metro Manila, Davao City, and General Santos City.
2008 - Northern Illinois University shooting: a gunman opened fire in a lecture hall of the DeKalb County, Illinois university resulting in 24 casualties; 6 fatalities (including gunman) and 18 injured.

Don't forget, that's a holyday!

Eris
02-13-2009, 04:16 PM
As a matematitian I can assure that that's just a coincidence.

Not that I disagree with you, but what does mathematics have to do with it? Your argument sure doesn't tie into it. (You could at least made a hook to the strong law of small numbers.)

The problem is one of logic, specifically confirmation bias (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias). Superstition is confirmation bias. If someone tells you you're gonna have bad luck, you will look for events that confirm this, while ignoring all the favorable events during the day. If you do some ritual to ward off the bad luck, you will look for events that seem favorable (or close calls) while ignoring the unfavorable events.

TheDesertFox
02-13-2009, 04:30 PM
Not that I disagree with you, but what does mathematics have to do with it? Your argument sure doesn't tie into it. (You could at least made a hook to the strong law of small numbers.)

The problem is one of logic, specifically confirmation bias (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias). Superstition is confirmation bias. If someone tells you you're gonna have bad luck, you will look for events that confirm this, while ignoring all the favorable events during the day. If you do some ritual to ward off the bad luck, you will look for events that seem favorable (or close calls) while ignoring the unfavorable events.

I agree with Eris, bad luck is all in your head.

mysticalsage
02-13-2009, 04:49 PM
lol its Friday the 13 here in Montreal and seriously its one of a hell of a beautiful day... sunshine and everything!! makes me happy :D!! im not supersticious tough i did end up in the hospital on the 6/6/06 3 years ago... a funny coincidence :)

6NoNo9
02-13-2009, 04:56 PM
Well Actually, I was BORN a friday 13th, so if I was superticious, I'd be sacred of myself xD
But yeah, to me, 13 is my lucky number so fridays 13th don't scare me. I actually like them.

Pina Colada
02-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Well I'm not that superstitious but my friend got in a car accident today so I was kinda like ughhh ._. thankfully it wasn't serious.

Yuuki Kurosu
02-13-2009, 08:10 PM
I am superstitious about SOME stuff.
But I've never had a problem with Friday the 13th.
So that's one of the things I don't believe in. : p

October.
02-14-2009, 02:48 AM
i'm sometimes superstitious but yesterday..nothing dangerous or scary happened to me
oh..except the part where i had to get my certificate in front of lots of people but i don't call that bad luck..
i heard there are 3 friday the 13th in this year..

Keyasaffection
02-14-2009, 04:53 AM
Yes and no.
Let me explain in Sweden Friday the 13th comes out of the bible since when he(jesus)had his last meal then at that time there were 13 of them(sitting around the table) and he died on a Friday.
Also there are three Friday the 13th this year.
Yesterday
Next month and The second week in Nvember

MoroDashi
02-14-2009, 06:40 AM
I only believe that if you believe in bad luck, you do the stuff your 'not supposed to' then you'll get bad luck. But Friday 13th 09 was pretty good. I just discovered that I sucked at tennis >.> But it was fun so I don't mind : D

LiLi.
02-14-2009, 08:45 AM
I officially hate Friday the 13th. Gaiiines boi smashed my mirror. ;_;

Srk
02-24-2009, 06:52 PM
Well, I'm not superstitious BUT there is another Friday the 13th in March for all those people who love that certain day. Get ready for it!

Teddie
02-24-2009, 06:59 PM
One of my closest friends got in a car accident with her father that day.
A stupid lady smacked right into them. She has a broken ankle and hand but father is still in the hospital.. =/

Masali
02-24-2009, 09:32 PM
The only thing Friday the 13th means to me is that it's time to paddle freshman.

kajikun16
02-24-2009, 10:45 PM
only people make luck and bad luck in their life in short it depends on a person

-akichan-
02-25-2009, 12:19 AM
I lol'ed at a classmate of mine for saying this...

Teacher: Why did you skip school? There was a test.
Student: This isn't an excuse for not going to school...but I do believe in Friday the 13th, and it is against my religion."
Teacher: What religion is that?
Student: You can't make me tell you, I have the rights to do anything. Friday the 13th is against my religion. Amen"

Ohh.....excuse...

tenzo_groupie
02-25-2009, 01:56 AM
I think I was born on a Friday 13th. Not Sure. But Im not superstitious