PDA

View Full Version : Valentine's Day 09

Baka
02-04-2009, 12:04 PM
Do you have special plans??? Or are you single and you hate Valentine's??? Or is it just another day to you???

I always just buy a box of Hello Kitty Valentines and hand them out to random cuties that I see.

Balance
02-04-2009, 12:32 PM
I've never really got the opportunity to really have a Valentines...
And even if I do, I try to go with the Valentines Day and Whites Day tradition.
No, not because I'm a Japanese culture obsessed anime fanboy.
They do this in different parts of Asia too, and I just feel like that it's a bit more interesting.
It's different definitely, but it's fun, I guess.

Although I do kind of think it's dumb that some people feel that Valentines is the one day people should feel OBLIGATED to show their love or even affection to the ones they care about.
Oh well. It's a holiday, better enjoy it.

Dr. Hax
02-04-2009, 12:36 PM
I usually spend Valentine's Day with my cousin but because of his girlfriend, I can't. That damned attention-hungry monster is taking my quality time away. So, every time she comes with my cousin to hang with me, I tend to sabotage her stuff. Why, last time, I blew snot into her soup and pushed shot after shot of vodka on her so she would pass out. I just didn't want her talking anymore. Plus, I wanted to play with my cousin.

Mango
02-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Pfft, Valentine's day.

:(

Anime Forum
02-04-2009, 01:17 PM
Will this year be the year? The year I go up to Kelly and tell her how I feel? I honestly do not know yet, but I enjoy this day. Maybe not as much as other holidays, but I still like it.

BestFly
02-04-2009, 01:22 PM
I'm away at college this year so...

I'm working on a poem or something I can send someone...

.Lovebeat
02-04-2009, 01:24 PM
Pfft, Valentine's day.

:(
This.

Exquiro
02-04-2009, 02:35 PM
Well, sorry to ruin the pattern but...

I am going to THOROUGHLY enjoy spending vday with my lovely boyfriend who is taking me out for dinner :) Though at the same time, it'll be like every other day I spend with him - absolutely fantabulously AWESOME.

blueangel06661
02-04-2009, 03:04 PM
Ehh I never do anything on Valentines day :[
It's sad. I have received flowers from some unknown person on valentines and again some time in April on a day that had no meaning.

But this year I might go visit a grave. Since a person's death falls on a weekday and I can't go out and visit them until the weekend when I don't have school ^^;

DOOM!
02-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Aaah, I have been preparing for this day.
-Low cash... Check!
-Dirty beard... Check!
-Special frown on forehead... Check!
-Clothes that smell like moth-balls... Check!
-Candy box to gift to self... Pending...
I am NOT going to get hooked up this year! You hear me!

Will this year be the year? The year I go up to Kelly and tell her how I feel?
Perhaps you should go to a Physician. How do you feel? Bloated in your stomach? Diarrhea? Persistent migraines? DIABEETUS?

realms89
02-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Just another materialistic holiday big corporations use to fill up their pockets.

None of the above
02-04-2009, 03:45 PM
Study and chill. In this chronology.

TheDesertFox
02-04-2009, 03:48 PM
Ehh, its just another day to work.

Sagat
02-04-2009, 03:57 PM
This is probably the first time in my entire life I've looked forward to it.

Khanxay
02-04-2009, 04:03 PM
Pfft, Valentine's day.

:(This.
That. Without the pink.

LittleGirl
02-04-2009, 04:05 PM
I'm single this Valentine's Day, so I don't know what I'll be doing.
But I do now how I'm spending Friday The 13th, the day before Valentine's. Me and a bunch of my girlfriends are going over to my friends place with her roommates and having a cheesy horror movie party. Gotta love girls nights.

Ayame_Sohma
02-04-2009, 04:16 PM
I'm not really sure what im doing this valentine's day.But know me im going to be busy with other stuff.

Light Buster
02-04-2009, 04:23 PM
I-don't-know-yet...now that you brought it up...it's most likely I won't do anything...

Dr. Hax
02-04-2009, 04:30 PM
Well, sorry to ruin the pattern but...

I am going to THOROUGHLY enjoy spending vday with my lovely boyfriend who is taking me out for dinner :) Though at the same time, it'll be like every other day I spend with him - absolutely fantabulously AWESOME.

I doubt anyone could be lovely. They're just feelings anyway...nothing special. So what's the point in Valentine's Day? Just to spend time and money for a woman? I could be off doing better things than spending money on someone who mooches off of me like a leech on a bald guy's head.

Example: Spending less then $75 and gaining the almighty pain in one's stomach as well as the ability to let out some rancid farts due to eating White Castle with Pa (married, for the record) instead of spending maybe $75+ and the health of one's ears on a woman for dinner at a restaurant. Pa and I laugh, smell up the house and see who can put away more burgers. In my opinion, that's much better than dressing nicely, reserving seats, waiting for awhile, allowing your ears to bleed due to the useless chatting, regretting all that you went through only to get good food that isn't even that good, going to see a movie and other such garbage.

"Cupid" can shove his powers up between his cheeks.

blueangel06661
02-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Will this year be the year? The year I go up to Kelly and tell her how I feel? I honestly do not know yet, but I enjoy this day. Maybe not as much as other holidays, but I still like it.

You should tell her. I'm cheering for you ^^

<3 Blueangel

Kawairashii hikari
02-04-2009, 04:46 PM
Me, my mother, and my father always go out to a restaurant for Valentine's day so that's what I'm doing. I told my boyfriend who asked me what I wanted, to just get me a teddy bear which is all I want since I don't really eat candy all that much. I still don't know what I'm getting him, it'll probably just be some chocolates, but those are my plans.

DOOM!
02-04-2009, 05:20 PM
Pfft, Valentine's day.

:(This.That. Without the pink.
May I join in?

Lenks
02-04-2009, 05:28 PM
Nope, no plans. Never do. I am not exactly the envy of the boys at my school, so I am never given anything. Oh well.

MissAstaire
02-04-2009, 05:40 PM
May I join in?

I look forward more to St. Patty's Day.

But I don't like February 14th. I never have. It's a pointless "holiday." I think I'm going to do the same as LittleGirl and have a faux-horrorfest with some friends. It's about time I hung out with them.

Perpetual Specter
02-04-2009, 05:42 PM
Valentine's Day, personally, is just a regular day for me for the time being. It will hopefully be more special soon though. 3;

DOOM!
02-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Pfft, Valentine's day.

:(This.That. Without the pink.
May I join in?I look forward more to St. Patty's Day.
There, all fixed.

Lola Granola
02-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Only bitter people post in threads like these. All I ever see is a lot of QQing.

MissAstaire
02-04-2009, 05:58 PM
Ahah, thanks. AFMobile doesn't let me multi-quote for some weird reason.

I bet it's because it doesn't like V-day...

Diocletian
02-04-2009, 06:00 PM
I could, but I'm a man with manliness. I could spit chocolate on girls' faces like in 7th grade, but I don't feel like it. I'll be spending it with my computer. I'm just not into it this year.

Find the innuendo, win a prize.

Dr. Hax
02-04-2009, 06:03 PM
I look forward more to St. Patty's Day.

Amen to that.

I get to drink for two days.

I could, but I'm a man with manliness. I could spit chocolate on girls' faces like in 7th grade, but I don't feel like it. I'll be spending it with my computer. I'm just not into it this year.

Is your hand taking some sort of involvement in this?

Exquiro
02-04-2009, 06:06 PM
I doubt anyone could be lovely. They're just feelings anyway...nothing special. So what's the point in Valentine's Day? Just to spend time and money for a woman? I could be off doing better things than spending money on someone who mooches off of me like a leech on a bald guy's head.

Example: Spending less then $75 and gaining the almighty pain in one's stomach as well as the ability to let out some rancid farts due to eating White Castle with Pa (married, for the record) instead of spending maybe $75+ and the health of one's ears on a woman for dinner at a restaurant. Pa and I laugh, smell up the house and see who can put away more burgers. In my opinion, that's much better than dressing nicely, reserving seats, waiting for awhile, allowing your ears to bleed due to the useless chatting, regretting all that you went through only to get good food that isn't even that good, going to see a movie and other such garbage.

"Cupid" can shove his powers up between his cheeks.

How very, very wrong you are. This post makes me wonder if you have ever in your life loved anyone but yourself.

I think Lola is 99% right. I remain the only person in this thread to have said they will enjoy vday with their partner :/

Diocletian
02-04-2009, 06:08 PM
How very, very wrong you are. This post makes me wonder if you have ever in your life loved anyone but yourself.

I think Lola is 99% right. I remain the only person in this thread to have said they will enjoy vday with their partner :/

Indeed, however this is an anime forum. You didn't expect "Ey, bro imma go kick it wit muh girl den get sum bro. It gon' be hot!"

TrucyTrucy
02-04-2009, 06:09 PM
I'm just glad Valentine's Day isn't on a school day this year.
Jeez, it gets ridiculous.
Me? Probably gonna be on the computer all day, or doing something else that isn't really helping my lazy butt. Not like I could spend it doing anything better.

Exquiro
02-04-2009, 06:18 PM
Indeed, however this is an anime forum. You didn't expect "Ey, bro imma go kick it wit muh girl den get sum bro. It gon' be hot!"

Haha, point ;p

Though on a more serious note; enjoying anime doesn't restict your capacity to love, therefor I put it down to Lord of the Rants emotional unintelligence. It doesn't take a genius to know that feelings are not something to be underestimated.

Dr. Hax
02-04-2009, 06:20 PM

Wonder all you want. I've been cheated on and sucked dry of my hard-earned cash (mostly stolen behind my back) by two different women so why should I really open up to them anymore? I have lost a lot of trust and respect for women but am slowly starting to trust them more.

Also, I love myself more than I could love any woman. So take your love for your boyfriend and shove it.

enjoying anime doesn't restict your capacity to love, therefor I put it down to Lord of the Rants emotional unintelligence. It doesn't take a genius to know that feelings are not something to be underestimated.

Questioning my intelligence, are you? It doesn't take a genius to know when to shut the hell up. Don't try to turn this around by saying I have emotional intelligence because I did love at one point. I now close myself off to people like you because of what happened.

Baka
02-04-2009, 06:22 PM
I will enjoy it. That's why I made the thread. It's one of my favorite holidays. Oh and I'm single. I used to hate it but what's the point in that? It's more fun to find joy in something than complain about it.

Lola Granola
02-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Also, I love myself more than I could love any woman.

^

probably why you got cheated on.

Diocletian
02-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Haha, point ;p

Though on a more serious note; enjoying anime doesn't restict your capacity to love, therefor I put it down to Lord of the Rants emotional unintelligence. It doesn't take a genius to know that feelings are not something to be underestimated.

'Course not, just chances are if you know the words forum and anime you aren't the coolest ice cube in the tray. I'm just sayin' I've never met an anime fan that gets all the girls/guys.

Lols, I love myself too if you know what I mean....(I take myself out on me days)

Rant, just stop you're digging yourself in deep hole rants. Today just isn't your day.

Dr. Hax
02-04-2009, 06:29 PM
^

probably why you got cheated on.

Nay, I was capable of showing more love for others at one point. When I got cheated on, then I figured things out and realized if I'm going to love someone else, I must first love myself. However, I think it's gotten to a point where you could say narcissism has encased my mind and my ego has been heavily boosted to epic proportions.

Dio, I refuse to follow what Ex is saying any further. I stand by my opinion and that's that. She wants to trash my mindset and my amount of "emotional intellect"? That's fine.

Lola Granola
02-04-2009, 06:31 PM
I got cheated on and you don't see me QQing. Man up.

Dr. Hax
02-04-2009, 06:35 PM
So...

Instead of QQing (being a [expletive] about things), I should pew pew?

I see what your getting at. But where do I start?

Lola Granola
02-04-2009, 06:37 PM
Pewing pewing people irl is bad, mmkay. You can start by giving your mommy a hug on Valentine's Day. I'm sure she would love that.

Dr. Hax
02-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Pewing pewing people irl is bad, mmkay. You can start by giving your mommy a hug on Valentine's Day. I'm sure she would love that.

It's my job to teach people how to pew pew. I make money off of it and my students benefit from it as well.

Mother loves when I bake for the family. However, I always seem to mess up the time required to bake red velvet cake.

Lola Granola
02-04-2009, 06:47 PM
I can see where anti-v day people are coming from but rather than mope around with it, why not have fun with it? Turn all that negative energy into something positive. It does not have to be a day just for couples. I use to love getting valentines from classmates as a child.

- Make your friends laugh by giving them some goofy or inappropriate valentine.

- Do something nice with your parents.

- Anonymously make someone feel special when they would not receive the attention otherwise. Feel good about making someone else feel happy. Put a flower on some random person's desk.

- Bake a treat for you class/co-workers.

- Be nice to noobs for a day and just feel the love.

-akichan-
02-04-2009, 06:50 PM
Well, maybe a date or a special dinner together. And the 14th is right on Saturday, it's a great day to hang out <3 However I'm thinking of if we should spend more money on eating out that night, or make dinner for him is better.

Diocletian
02-04-2009, 06:51 PM
I - Anonymously make someone feel special when they would not receive the attention otherwise. Feel good about making someone else feel happy. Put a flower on some random person's desk.

Nay on this one. This one has backfired on me twice. They forget it's a joke, it's the 14th at one point it's a guy to another guy as a JOKE.

Dr. Hax
02-04-2009, 06:52 PM
What to bake, though...

I have a class of 32, sister included. We have our usual tea ceremony at the beginning and end of the day. I guess I could roll with something a little more cultured, but what? I need something to cook.

Haoie
02-04-2009, 11:26 PM
Got my cards sent out. Woot.

Balance
02-05-2009, 12:20 AM
- Make your friends laugh by giving them some goofy or inappropriate valentine.

- Do something nice with your parents.

- Anonymously make someone feel special when they would not receive the attention otherwise. Feel good about making someone else feel happy. Put a flower on some random person's desk.

- Bake a treat for you class/co-workers.

- Be nice to noobs for a day and just feel the love.
That really isn't a bad idea. Although I already planned on doing something like this.
And she is right, shouldn't try to make the worst out of this holiday.
Should be fun. After all, there aren't a lot of holidays that this nation celebrates compared to other countries out there in the world.

RL Link
02-05-2009, 12:43 AM
Ha ha. To me V-Day is just like any other day. So I hardly ever realize it's V-day until someone decides to mention it. Nothing special about it. This isn't a "QQ" rant, might I add. I just really don't care about it. =)

Other then that, I mostly plan on just chilling with the family on V-Day. That, or just play some Persona 4(New Game + on Expert Mode in my case).
Pretty much it. =p

October.
02-05-2009, 01:39 AM
just another day..
it's Saturday so i'll stay at home or my friends will come over..
nothing to be too excited about..nothing will happen again..

Famahama
02-05-2009, 02:24 AM
This.
That.

Just another day for poor ol' me
although, I do try to be a bit more friendlier at Valentine's Day

little miss sunshine
02-05-2009, 07:00 AM
Come to think of it, I've never spent Valentine's with a boyfriend.
I'll be single this Valentine's, so nothing special to me this 14th of Feb besides my friends arrival back from overseas.
=)

Necro'lic Enigma
02-05-2009, 07:30 AM
It will like just another day for me , nothing special gonna do . Just wish that who ever is celebrating this day with their loved ones , they have a happy time and stay together....thats all i can do.

/Aifa|
02-05-2009, 10:09 AM
Roses. Roses. Roses. Except they tend to be a little on the pricey side =(

SigmaSD
02-05-2009, 11:24 AM
I can't really be with the person I love right now, but I plan on doing something special for her. I can't wait actually; I hope she likes my surprise! :D

Dr. Evil
02-05-2009, 12:02 PM
I plan to ask out this girl named Mellisa.:D However, it is usaually a day of over-priced greeting cards and candy. I buy a rose for my girl (if I have one) on that day.

The Governator
02-05-2009, 12:10 PM
pffft, love, who needs it.

Valentines day is the most pointless, gimmicky "holiday" there is, its pathetic.

I'll be doing naff all, I'll be either hungover or playing Bioshock, basically a usual weekend for me.

-akichan-
02-05-2009, 12:15 PM
I plan to ask out this girl named Mellisa.:D However, it is usaually a day of over-priced greeting cards and candy. I buy a rose for my girl (if I have one) on that day.

Ohhhh nice, make sure you two are very close friends before asking her out. But if I were you, I wouldn't just ask her out directly. See if she excepts your valentines gift, then give her some time to see if she is gaining feelings about you. But still don't ask her out yet, until the relationship is starting to over over friendship. Don't scare her =] Good luck <33

Dr. Hax
02-05-2009, 12:43 PM

Valentines day is the most pointless, gimmicky "holiday" there is, its pathetic.

I'll be doing naff all, I'll be either hungover or playing Bioshock, basically a usual weekend for me.

Rant's Note: I'm trying my best on this one not to take sides. Please bear with me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't love ephemeral?

Since you see it as a pointless holiday, should it be removed from our current day calendar as we step back towards 1969?

I'll join in on the hangover...

Side note: St. Patrick's Day is much more interesting as it celebrates not a man who was beheaded for making secret marriages but a man who was a fugitive to Celtic druids due to converting Pagans into Christians.

BestFly
02-05-2009, 12:57 PM

You don't need a reason to celebrate love.

The Governator
02-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Rant's Note: I'm trying my best on this one not to take sides. Please bear with me.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't love ephemeral?

Since you see it as a pointless holiday, should it be removed from our current day calendar as we step back towards 1969?

I'll join in on the hangover...

Side note: St. Patrick's Day is much more interesting as it celebrates not a man who was beheaded for making secret marriages but a man who was a fugitive to Celtic druids due to converting Pagans into Christians.

Yes, I feel it should be removed, if people want to celebrate it, then go ahead, but its just my personal feelings on the topic, I feel it should be the only holiday not on the calendar, its not like say Mothers or Fathers day were its a holiday of respecting your parents (you shouldn't need a holiday to respect the people who made you but hey ho, life goes on) sometimes I feel my views on Valentines day is because my heart is a rotten little apple of cynicism and pessimistic views or that I'm jealous, but I still feel it isnt important enough to have as a calendar holiday.

And yeah, St. Patricks day is a interesting holiday, how people got the idea of getting pissed over two days will celebrate someone who was chased by druids for converting people is beyond me, but maybe he got them drunk so it would be easier?

Ollie
02-05-2009, 01:21 PM
Only bitter people post in threads like these. All I ever see is a lot of QQing.
So true. It always gets on my nerves when people keep pissing on and on about the date because they're lonely, turning into rants about how it's an "unnecessary holiday for love" (AS IF ANY HOLIDAY IS NECESSARY?). I've never had someone to share it with but I never once complained about it because it's completely asinine to do so, not to mention annoying to people who do want to enjoy it.

Remember those parties your class would have in elementary school for V-day? There'd be pink and red decorations everywhere and everybody would hand out chocolates and cards. (Or at least, that's what we did.)

I still think of that when Valentine's comes around. I'd totally buy my friends cards and candies if only I would stop forgetting and cared more. Mostly now I just think it's cute... and I like the colors.

Dr. Hax
02-05-2009, 01:40 PM
And yeah, St. Patricks day is a interesting holiday, how people got the idea of getting pissed over two days will celebrate someone who was chased by druids for converting people is beyond me, but maybe he got them drunk so it would be easier?

Now I wonder if druids still exist. If so, maybe St. Patrick's Day can hold an Irish only event.

The running of the Druids...

General Idea: Rally a large group of druids into one area. Meanwhile, have all participants (Irish, mind you) carry Christian bibles and try to convert pagans, Jehovas, etc. Let the druids loose and follow a straight path with all other roads blocked. The druids will each be carrying a sturdy, hurtful +1 Stick of Pre-Christian Rage and a bag of +4 Jagged Rocks of Hate. The druids have the privilege of beating any participants in the running. When a certain area is reached, the Irish may fight back with anything they can get their hands on.

iGiraffe
02-05-2009, 02:16 PM
I really never have a real lover or anything to spend the Valentine's Day with. It's pretty much just another day for me. I miss elementary school when you always got little sweets and stuff from your classmates on that day.

Rein*
02-05-2009, 02:18 PM
I'M not single but no special plans. Just send an email, maybe make a phone call. nothing more.

DOOM!
02-05-2009, 02:33 PM
Now I wonder if druids still exist. If so, maybe St. Patrick's Day can hold an Irish only event.

The running of the Druids...

General Idea: Rally a large group of druids into one area. Meanwhile, have all participants (Irish, mind you) carry Christian bibles and try to convert pagans, Jehovas, etc. Let the druids loose and follow a straight path with all other roads blocked. The druids will each be carrying a sturdy, hurtful +1 Stick of Pre-Christian Rage and a bag of +4 Jagged Rocks of Hate. The druids have the privilege of beating any participants in the running. When a certain area is reached, the Irish may fight back with anything they can get their hands on.
I dunno, a level 5 Cleric could cast Flame Strike and do 6d8 damage on a 60 yds radius around the druids. It's risky to arm them just with +1 clubs.

.[mystere].
02-05-2009, 02:50 PM
I've been in a relationship for over two years, and I still don't really like Valentine's Day. It's just a commercialized materialistic 'holiday'. Sure, it's a good way to tell someone you like them, and therefor possibly start a relationship, but that's about it. Let's face it, if you can't be loving enough to do something for the one you love at random points, then you probably don't love them that much.

Anyhow, I'm spending the weekend at my boyfriend's house, but that's nothing new, because that happens every other weekend. He was going to get me something, but he ran out of money, so whatever.

.Shino Aburame
02-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Er... i'm supposed to go to the movies with my gf. xD Of course.

Dr. Hax
02-05-2009, 09:41 PM
I dunno, a level 5 Cleric could cast Flame Strike and do 6d8 damage on a 60 yds radius around the druids. It's risky to arm them just with +1 clubs.

I see your point...

Irish trying to convert pagans to Christianity = Lvl 5 Cleric

Druids are nature's Priests, Magicians, Diviners and Teachers

Their name probably derives from "drus" or "oak tree".

Tetsanosuke
02-05-2009, 10:35 PM
I see your point...

Irish trying to convert pagans to Christianity = Lvl 5 Cleric

Druids are nature's Priests, Magicians, Diviners and Teachers

Their name probably derives from "drus" or "oak tree".

Druids casting 5+ level spells could fight back 'sorta'. >.>

Funny that this DnD reference was made, because I'll be playing DnD with my friends on Valentine's day. =o

It was never really a big deal for me. Sure I gave my love (Ex for a while now sadly) a gift, a silky-cloth that I had used for a while in general (Like laying on and wrapping myself up with). She slept with it every night after (having my scent, y'know 'that' cool part of true love).. I'm sure she doesn't now considering she had broken up with me long ago and is now dating someone else.

Ehh.. Looks like I have a lot of time to get re-aquainted with myself, considering my views on love are a combination of old fashion values and a sort of philosophical connection as well as a spiritual part to it. Eeeeets confusing I know.

LittleMomo
02-06-2009, 12:11 AM
My plans, well they would ruin the fact that it would be confidential xP Anyhow, well my v-day is going to be great ^^ going to surprise her with something she always wanted. (Whether you are here or not, it does not matter. I will surprise when I get back anyways xD ). I would be shocked if someone got me a gift O^O' oh my...

suzumi
02-06-2009, 01:17 AM
It's a CONSPIRACY!!! (at least it is in Japan...)

I LOVE Valentines!! It's fun to see all the weird chocolate that they come out with. I have this tradition that every valentines I only give candy to my niece and nephews (the result of me learning my lesson, and realizing that giving chocolates to all my guy friends was just a waste of money). Although that tradition might change if he stops procrastinating and gets his butt up here. ^^

Konata Izumi
02-06-2009, 05:06 AM
Partying and exchanging chocolate. :]

karisa
02-06-2009, 05:25 AM
I guess it's just another normal day for me... I've received gifts, flowers, and chocolates in previous valentine days but I never really do anything special. And I think I won't.

Honjo Kamatari
02-06-2009, 08:07 AM
I was going to spend time with my girlfreind. Except now im suspended from school till the 18th :[

And neither of us can drive ( I don't have my license, she doesn't have a car.)

Robin Sena
02-06-2009, 10:47 AM
I was going to spend time with my girlfreind. Except now im suspended from school till the 18th :[

And neither of us can drive ( I don't have my license, she doesn't have a car.)Stupid teachers. Well, just wait till next year.

John Watson
02-06-2009, 10:58 AM
Valentines Day is mainly for matter people who have other special people in their lives...like a dear family/friend/boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband/crush/etc...

No one should put down Valentines Day just because they dont have anyone to spend it with. Everyone should have someone special at least, right? o.o;

Lola Granola
02-06-2009, 08:44 PM
I'm going to say the exact same thing I said last year in a similar thread.

All of you who say Valentine's Day is too commercialized can eat it.

Christmas is over 9,000 times worse.

Dr. Hax
02-06-2009, 09:56 PM

And neither of us can drive ( I don't have my license, she doesn't have a car.)

Part of me wants to laugh at you because of your ruined plans but because you live in Queens, I want to ask where.

I was born in the Bronx around Pelham. Pa was born by Gun Hill Rd. Ma was living in the South Bronx.

Also, Lola is right. Christmas is too commercialized. I see guys in front of supermarkets ringing bells and asking for "relief money" or some other crap like that. In the end, they expect me to give them something out of good will.

Manhattan_Project_2000
02-06-2009, 09:57 PM
Screw Valentines. Darwin Day (http://www.darwinday.org/) is where it's at.

Yuuki Kurosu
02-06-2009, 10:20 PM
I was never big on Valentines Day, guess I still am not.
Just another day to me. : p lol.

.Gogo
02-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Valentines Day is unimportant to me, never has been.

Probably because I'm single this time around, and actually have never been dating someone during Valentines anyway.

Plus, my birthday is two days after, so it overshadows it for me.

---

jnLL
02-07-2009, 06:54 AM
It's going to be another regular day for me. Nothing much important.

Princess Minako
02-07-2009, 07:14 AM
My husband and I will find any reason to celebrate our love. This is another day to celebrate the fact we love each other, cherish each other, and are glad we are married. He has some surprises set for valentines day, and I have some surprises, and we will end up at the Melting Pot for dinner, because its where we went to dinner after we got engaged. We like traditions <3

Wilson
02-07-2009, 07:32 AM
This year my girlfriend wanted to organize the Valentine's Day stuff, so she booked a restaurant and she's paying....I don't feel like a man at all....I'm supposed to make decisions and pay for everything! All the time! I shoulda been born in the 40's.

But she's excited to get to do something for me this year, so I'm not gonna complain!

WIXIE
02-07-2009, 07:37 AM
Hmmm.....
Since I born until now I I'm still single
So...
No valentine at all
BTW, i have school on that day
Argh...! :'(

XdreamzX
02-07-2009, 02:10 PM
I look forward to chillin wit my boo, just haven't thought of anything to do other than gettin her a bear & candy (or something else generic like that)

any ideas?

Eris
02-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Gonna continue the age old tradition of being lonely and grumpy.

I just might be hungover from the party I'm gonna have with some CS students over the fact that time_t hits 1234567890 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_t#time_t_parties) on February 13.

Acnologia
02-07-2009, 10:29 PM
Lord of the Rant, I am seriously sick of you spitting out rude comments at anyone you can just because they don't type up to your expectations. He can say "My boo" if he wants. So shut up.

I'm working that day, but I get paid for 15 hours.

MetalIsEternal
02-07-2009, 11:55 PM
Quite honestly, I've never really liked Valentine's Day. On top of it being a scam in that our society has crammed it into our brains that guys are the freaking devil if we don't buy chics some meaningless rock, I just think it's pretty crappy to need the excuse of a day like Valentine's Day to appreciate the girl you love. If you were a good guy, you'd make it a point to ensure that she knows how much you love her, and not just one stupid day out of the year, everyday.

EDIT: Okay, really guys? Do you have nothing better to do than to argue over the internet?

Lola Granola
02-08-2009, 12:01 AM
Children. Instead of trying to educate each other, let me educate you. These may be particularly useful for Valentine's Day.

How to be the perfect boyfriend:
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-be-the-perfect-boyfriend

How to be the perfect girlfriend:
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-be-the-perfect-girlfriend

How to avoid trapped arm whilst cuddling in bed:
http://www.videojug.com/film/how-to-avoid-trapped-arm-whilst-cuddling-in-bed

*Third video. VERY USEFUL.

...legendary fleshy bit...

Gjallarhorn
02-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Never really celebrated it. I have this habit of being single.

Buruku
02-08-2009, 01:41 AM
I suspect V-day will be like most other days, only more expensive. I'd like to imagine my boyfriend will declare his love for me, maybe in the form of song.

I'll be so happy! I'll say "Oh I love you so much, I always have since the very first day you held me in your arms." "Remember after the jazz concert? Giddily trotting back to your dorm room, with that silly toothpick in your mouth?" "Buy me champagne!" "Oh you already did?? What a prince!"

And then I will be drunk off love and spirits, and the kisses will taste so good. I'll spend the evening misquoting Shakespeare, "Come hither, let me bah thy cheek!"

.____.

Gjallarhorn
02-08-2009, 01:54 AM
I suspect V-day will be like most other days, only more expensive. I'd like to imagine my boyfriend will declare his love for me, maybe in the form of song.

I'll be so happy! I'll say "Oh I love you so much, I always have since the very first day you held me in your arms." "Remember after the jazz concert? Giddily trotting back to your dorm room, with that silly toothpick in your mouth?" "Buy me champagne!" "Oh you already did?? What a prince!"

And then I will be drunk off love and spirits, and the kisses will taste so good. I'll spend the evening misquoting Shakespeare, "Come hither, let me bah thy cheek!"

.____.

That was the single corniest thing I have ever read, bar none.

Ollie
02-08-2009, 01:58 AM
Hah. Notice the look of shame "emote" at the bottom.

Makes it all the better, IMHO.

Taikyo
02-08-2009, 02:16 AM
Frankly I'm quite bitter, and always will be no matter if a flock of men would be giving me gifts on Valentine's day.
It's always a day I avoid going to school, if its a school day. Sadly now I have school on Saturdays, so I can skip it on the 14.

Love = I hate. >/

That, and I prefer to spend it this year watching the new 3d movie, "My Bloody Valentine" on IMAX with friends. >D

Datenshi
02-08-2009, 07:30 AM
It's an occasion conjured out of thin air by evil corporate powers in Japan as an excuse to sell chocolates. Like Christmas, except worse.

Princess Minako
02-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Stop the flame war, stop the "omgz I'm bettar than j00, i cen make fun of j00 and j00 hav 2 takes it" comments.

Other wise warnings and thread closure will commence. End of story.

Eris
02-08-2009, 12:46 PM
I'm going to say the exact same thing I said last year in a similar thread.

All of you who say Valentine's Day is too commercialized can eat it.

Christmas is over 9,000 times worse.

Is it not possible that both holidays are horribly over-commercialized?

Dr. Hax
02-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Maybe Valentine's Day and Christmas should fight over which is more overly commercialized?

St. Patrick's Day will come in and own both of them?

estrago1
02-08-2009, 03:09 PM
I am very single and hate Valentines Day very much. Mainly because it is in February and I hate February (mostly because my birthday is in it.)

Pina Colada
02-08-2009, 03:14 PM
Im single, so no special celebrations for me. However, one of my classes requires me to go to an Art Museum so Im doing that on valentine's day. I was a little annoyed at first but I looked at the website for an Asian Art Museum and it looked pretty cool. I'm also going to The Olive Garden with my family that night :D

Lola Granola
02-08-2009, 03:26 PM
Yes, both holidays are over-commercialized. But Christmas is substantially worse compared to Valentine's Day.

Personally I think it is a lame cop out to focus on the commercialized aspect as an excuse not to celebrate/beat down a day meant to foster love. No one is forcing you to spend money on this day - save for your conscious of what you think Valentine's Day means. If you're stuck in a relationship where material value dictates your pocket book to such an extreme that it makes your holiday "commercialized", you're the sucker and that is your own fault.

Christmas is highly commercialized but most people look beyond that and get excited about particular events that transpire throughout the course of the holiday season. It is THE time to spend with friends and family. Christmas isn't "just like any other day". It is a time to celebrate your beliefs and your relationships with the ones close to you.

Valentine's Day is similar. You don't get the day off but it is a time to celebrate ANY/ALL the love and relationships in your life. Sure, you can treat your loved ones the same and "special" every single day - but really that goes without saying. Realistically you can't spend quality time with your partner everyday. You can't afford to take them out to a movie or dinner everyday either.

Also, I think focusing too much on the "commercialism" is another cop out for being cheap. Honestly. What happened to the pure joy of giving? It isn't like Valentine's Day is the time to buy and give away jewelry or anything else stereotypical. Maybe your partner has been wanting that CD for a while. Why not give it to them as a Valentine's Day gift? There's nothing wrong with giving presents.

Kanjoudakai_Ira
02-08-2009, 03:40 PM
Well i can't say i really have a special plan since on that day my bf has an exam plus i am out of money...but we're just probably gonna go out for a drink or something ^_^

ladysesshomaru
02-08-2009, 07:11 PM
Psh....Valentine's day = Single's awareness day.
Haha, i'm just kidding.
It's usually just another day to me...Never do anything special, or have anyone special to do anything with...*shrugs* My day will most likely be spent at the cafe in the left wing of the mall, reading by myself, sipping a cup of french vanilla coffee, letting the hours pass me by. : )

Honjo Kamatari
02-08-2009, 07:44 PM
Part of me wants to laugh at you because of your ruined plans but because you live in Queens, I want to ask where.

I was born in the Bronx around Pelham. Pa was born by Gun Hill Rd. Ma was living in the South Bronx.

Also, Lola is right. Christmas is too commercialized. I see guys in front of supermarkets ringing bells and asking for "relief money" or some other crap like that. In the end, they expect me to give them something out of good will.

Slighlty harsh, slightly jerkish :laugh:
Jamaica St.Albans

Beast
02-08-2009, 11:36 PM
I'll probably gap it. Not realize it until a few days after.

Persistance
02-09-2009, 01:50 AM
To be honest Valentine's day to me is quite useless even if I did have a girlfriend (which I don't have...currently). For singles it's another day to remind them that they are crushingly alone in the world and for couples it's another day where they can shower each other with all the love money can buy.

I try to avoid it but if I'm invited to do something, then I'll go along. I try to make people happy. Shame on the couples who expect something romantic from each other because they're "obliged" to. Spending the day together should be enough.

Though couples that have been together more than 6 months should have the right to celebrate and gifts. Anything less, boo.

~*Red*~
02-09-2009, 01:53 PM
I sent my girlfriend an early Valentines Day card and hopefully it will get to her by the 14th (she's in the US and I'm in NZ), and I'll be using up the last of my money on my calling card I brought to talk to her on the 14th.

WinterDream
02-09-2009, 02:03 PM
I'd like to do something on Valentines day too,but well.*grin*
*tuggs on Sal's shirt*

However,what's the origin of Valentines day anyways?

Light Buster
02-09-2009, 02:26 PM
I just found out. I'm going to the mountains again for snowboarding purposes. Mammoth Mountain to be specific.

The Wing Man
02-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Me and my buddy are going to a place for a crazy night, I can't say the place but it is gonna cost me some cash and I feel it is worth it.

Dr. Hax
02-09-2009, 09:42 PM
For singles it's another day to remind them that they are crushingly alone in the world and for couples it's another day where they can shower each other with all the love money can buy.

Shame on the couples who expect something romantic from each other because they're "obliged" to. Spending the day together should be enough.

These are the parts that just screamed "win" for me. The day really does suck as it make some jealous and depressed. Sometimes, they even want to kill themselves. It's all thanks to this one petty, little day.

However,what's the origin of Valentines day anyways?

Valentine was a priest who secretly wed young couples when Emperor Claudius II of Rome deemed young men getting married illegal as he believed that single, young men made better soldiers than married men. Claudius found out about Valentine's insolence to the law and ordered that he be executed.

Want to read more? Here. (http://www.history.com/content/valentine/history-of-valentine-s-day)

I just put the stuff that interested me the most.

yilin
02-11-2009, 01:52 AM
I'm spending my time at my room and text my boyfriend.. I'm having a long distance relationship.. I miss him... :(

Lord of Death
02-11-2009, 12:58 PM
I have special plans with my girlfriend to spoil her and surprise her with something that she has no idea that I got or even thought about getting! ^_^
My heart goes out to her where ever she's at right now!

samurai_fang001
02-13-2009, 10:54 AM
*sigh* well LOTR is right... valentine's day will be depressing for me after all along with many of our friends... oh well time to go to a party and drink my sorrows in root beer since I'm not old enough to drink real beer...

Infinita
02-13-2009, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't exactly say it was going to be special. My BF and I just had plans to go shopping and going to a movie later. But now, were visiting his sister and her fiancee.

MoroDashi
02-14-2009, 06:28 AM
An average day full of Teddy Bears?
Lol : ) I just see it as a normal day, I guess.

Warusenai
02-14-2009, 11:56 AM
IMHO people will complain no matter what holiday it is that it's over-commercialized because america is crazy and wants to make everything big and flashy.

as for me, it's officially me and my fiance's 3 year engagement anniversary so we're going to a local restaurant we both love (it's a mix of chinese and japanese!) and then go to the movies. He's paying for dinner I'm paying for his movie ticket lol. I have one free ticket that never expires that I'm using for me :P

I hope I'll like Twilight O-o if not oh well....the ticket isn't that expensive XD

Robin Sena
02-14-2009, 12:05 PM
Love stinks.

Dr. Hax
02-14-2009, 12:18 PM
it's officially me and my fiance's 3 year engagement anniversary so we're going to a local restaurant we both love (it's a mix of chinese and japanese!) and then go to the movies.

Well don't you just feel special...just like every other person trying to inflate their ego.

Datenshi
02-14-2009, 01:02 PM
it's officially me and my fiance's 3 year engagement anniversary so we're going to a local restaurant we both love (it's a mix of chinese and japanese!) and then go to the movies.

Well don't you just feel special...just like every other person trying to inflate their ego.

Feh. Cry me a river. That was needlessly hostile towards a perfectly harmless post.

Dr. Hax
02-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Feh. Cry me a river. That was needlessly hostile towards a perfectly harmless post.

Meh, I ain't starting with you. Even though I'm very resentful on a day like this, I don't need an infraction.

Keyasaffection
02-14-2009, 01:10 PM
Im single but i do love Valentines I always end up getting more stuff then my friend how have boyfriends.
This year i got asked out by three guys, got a golden ring, and a dozen roses and a box of chocolate.

Diocletian
02-14-2009, 01:11 PM

Or the person was actually talking about what s/he was actually going to do.

If the person said: "I'm so gonna get with my freakin' kakui girlfriend and spend the night at her pad and ******************** then maybe I would agree, but the person simply mentioned a nice time with their other.

Sagat
02-14-2009, 01:15 PM

I spy with my little eye, a jealous dateless wonder, oh me oh my.

Dr. Hax
02-14-2009, 01:16 PM
Or the person was actually talking about what s/he was actually going to do.

If the person said: "I'm so gonna get with my freakin' kakui girlfriend and spend the night at her pad and ******************** then maybe I would agree, but the person simply mentioned a nice time with their other.

True, but this ranter isn't happy, just rather disturbed more than anything else.

They probably do sound like pleasant plans but whatever. I got my own crap to worry about.

The Ultimate One K Dash
02-14-2009, 01:23 PM
i usually spend valentines day streaking outside by my house. That is until my gf comes over, and we role play as pokemon characters for the rest of the day. *coughes*...ya....

Dr. Hax
02-14-2009, 01:32 PM
I spy with my little eye, a jealous dateless wonder, oh me oh my.

That's me!

I've nothing to hide anymore. So I am single. It doesn't stop me from what progress I make in the rest of my life.

Sagat
02-14-2009, 09:39 PM
That's me!

I've nothing to hide anymore. So I am single. It doesn't stop me from what progress I make in the rest of my life.

Didn't say it would.

BestFly
02-14-2009, 10:16 PM
i usually spend valentines day streaking outside by my house. That is until my gf comes over, and we role play as pokemon characters for the rest of the day. *coughes*...ya....

At least you guys have fun, and it dosent really cost anything.

FaeryTaleAngel
02-15-2009, 12:05 AM
I do not see what the big deal with Valentine's Day is. I feel as if people have made it into something more then it should be. You do not need one specific day out of the year to show the person that you care about, like, or love, how you feel about them.

Happy Valentine's Day all of you!!!!!!!

I hope that whether you are single, or with someone, or even if the day is just another day on the calendar and completely average (like it i for me), that you all have or had a/great day(s)!!!!!!!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY ALL!!!!!!!

~FaeryTaleAngel

Lola Granola
02-15-2009, 03:03 AM
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY.

My car broke down in the middle of the freeway for about to 2 hours but at the end of the day...

I got tickets to see The Killers.

HELL YEAH.