PDA

View Full Version : The Azian Music

Leleiron
02-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Sooo... I'm basically asking for anything that involves asian music. Whether k-pop, j-pop, c-pop or anything. I'd like to know recommendations. :P Just in case, I'll mention that I LOVE Big Bang! G-dragon and TOP to be specific... I recently was converted by the mv Haru Haru... What are some other mv's that are good? I liked Mirotic by DBSK a lot...:)

Teddy2116
02-04-2009, 06:13 AM
Lately I been into Aqua Timez... but i mostly go for Yellow Generation, Bivattchee and Coolon

But all in all they're some good artists to listen when you're gaming (I play WoW to them lol)

Lenks
02-04-2009, 05:35 PM
Well, I am more into Jpop, but I am trying to expand more. I am starting to like S.H.E., Rain, Tank, JJ Lin, and Huang Yida.

little miss sunshine
02-04-2009, 07:55 PM
I used to listen to Chinese radio channels, but I don't get them anymore since I moved to Australia.
I'm more of a J-pop fan, I hear more of it from anime and all.
I've been interested in ALI PROJECT lately, I find their music is very different.

JudyT
02-05-2009, 08:55 AM
I'm a J-pop fan i'm into Miyavi big style. So much so i had to go see him live!

You also get to hear Japense music in Anime/Games more then anything.

But with my husband been Chinese i have started listening to Chinese pop more and became very addited to Jolin Tsai - Bravo Lover, and i mean addicted.
S.H.E are really good as well and i now have all their albums ^_^

-akichan-
02-07-2009, 01:21 AM
Well of course most people would say J-pop!!!

But for me it's different, I like all of those pops. I like good Japanese music, but I don't like all the singers that commonly sings with chicken voices, or those with a childish voice...Chinese singers sucks a lot too, especially those from Hong Kong, it has been complained by people that their songs are ridiculously offensive, such like picking out other singers' names and make fun of them in their songs, but there are still good singers(that sings well). Korean music seems like they aren't gonna change the style, if you guys have heard of "Canon 2007" that song is a great example of how korean musics are, it's all hip hop with background musics that doesn't really matches...but the truth is that there ARE still some good songs and singers. Well, that's why I don't have a specific kind of pops I like, each of them has goods and bads.

And I wouldn't do a poll on this if I started this thread, it's too specific. I would just ask what kind of asian pops do we like instead of a poll with specific kinds of asian pops.

Leleiron
02-07-2009, 04:23 PM
But for me it's different, I like all of those pops. I like good Japanese music, but I don't like all the singers that commonly sings with chicken voices, or those with a childish voice...Chinese singers sucks a lot too, especially those from Hong Kong, it has been complained by people that their songs are ridiculously offensive, such like picking out other singers' names and make fun of them in their songs, but there are still good singers(that sings well). Korean music seems like they aren't gonna change the style, if you guys have heard of "Canon 2007" that song is a great example of how korean musics are, it's all hip hop with background musics that doesn't really matches...but the truth is that there ARE still some good songs and singers. Well, that's why I don't have a specific kind of pops I like, each of them has goods and bads.

are you serious :O I can't believe that they make fun of other singers!! That's going to ruin their reputation. But what do I care... They lose in the end :P

-akichan-
02-07-2009, 04:54 PM
are you serious :O I can't believe that they make fun of other singers!! That's going to ruin their reputation. But what do I care... They lose in the end :P

I don't either...But I'll make this short. I hate those singers who starts to hate others.
Lemme see if I can think of an example...Just an example ok? Let say that you're a great fan of DBSK. And there's another song with the lyrics like:

DBKS smokes weed, DBSK don't know how to rap, DBSK don't know how dance like meeeeehhh...

There are many songs that makes fun of my favorite singers, why? because those singers I like are very talented singers, and they tend to be made fun of. =[

But for some reason, LOTS of teenagers especially girls really like those kind of songs, and get deeply obsessed of them.

hirokiaibalovex3
02-08-2009, 01:03 AM
I definitely prefer J-Pop! My favorite bands are Arashi, NewS, Utada Hikaru and Tohoshinki. Also, another reason would be because I can understand most of the lyrics in the songs. However, I recently started to like K-Pop, mainly because of the beat. The only K-Pop band that I've listened to is Epik High, and so far, I've really started to like them ^^

Leleiron
02-12-2009, 08:41 PM
I don't either...But I'll make this short. I hate those singers who starts to hate others.
Lemme see if I can think of an example...Just an example ok? Let say that you're a great fan of DBSK. And there's another song with the lyrics like:

DBKS smokes weed, DBSK don't know how to rap, DBSK don't know how dance like meeeeehhh...

There are many songs that makes fun of my favorite singers, why? because those singers I like are very talented singers, and they tend to be made fun of. =[

But for some reason, LOTS of teenagers especially girls really like those kind of songs, and get deeply obsessed of them.

hmmmm... I see... I guess that I'm not one of those teens because to do something that involves bad talking other singers is something that I see as a desperate attempt to lower the popularity of other artists and raise their own... That is just plain dirty... =[

ChineseDragonKeeper
02-25-2009, 02:46 AM
I prefer J-rock and J-metal, though I listen to a lot of Asian music. ^_^ And most likely the kind a lot of people don't listen to on this site, LOLZ.

kajikun16
02-26-2009, 08:27 PM
i like jpop and cpop