PDA

View Full Version : would you befriend/date a satanist?

lady_jesika
02-03-2009, 10:14 AM
bear in mind that satanists are NOT the heavy metal band type people who illegedly kill for fun. they dont do bad things because satan is supposed to be bad. they are simply average, everyday people who view satan lucifer as a christian would view jesus christ, or a buddhist would view buddha, ect. ect. they see satan as a sentient being. and, knowing that, would you date/befriend a satanist?

DarkMoonPrince
02-03-2009, 10:29 AM
Actually, yeah i would. It doesn't matter what god they want to believe in, a friend is a friend.

DOOM!
02-03-2009, 10:32 AM
HEAVENS NO!
Unless they're the murderous, metal-heads.

Amray The II
02-03-2009, 10:58 AM
I have a specific preference to what type of girls I like and it never really appealed to me to start a relationship with a Satanist.

Nevertheless a friend is a friend, and if I become friends with a Satanist because of their personality or other things that they do as an individual then I think that is fair enough.

Christians do not talk about God regularly so I doubt that Satanists would be any different with regards to talking about the devil on the average day.

kamaaina ^_^
02-03-2009, 11:04 AM
date? no, religious people scar me. but to be a friend of one would depend on their personality no their beliefs

Khanxay
02-03-2009, 11:15 AM
Never seen one. What does one look like?

Sagat
02-03-2009, 11:21 AM
Why not? I'd have the same attitude if they believed in pink unicorns, fairies or dark elves and Lady Lolth herself, since they're all pretty much the same imaginary nonsense

Tetsanosuke
02-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Actually there are several types of Satanism, the one you refer to is indeed more religious. But the other, which my friend who had read Anton La'Vay's (Forgot how to spell the guy's name) Satanic bible quite the number of times has told me about- is different.

From what I remember him saying, it's basically embracing what it is to be human, as well as promoting self indulgence. There's more to it then that, but I'm no expert so.. Bah.

In either case, as long as they are a friend it doesn't matter. If I can tolerate them then I can be around them. Any further then that and I'd sure as hell hope people really know what that person is like before dating.

law~
02-03-2009, 11:33 AM
I used to have some friends like that. They were nice guys... just a bit too ecxentric.

Necro'lic Enigma
02-03-2009, 11:41 AM
i dont mind if hes a murderer or what he believes in or whatever he does.....i will still date him...

Saikoro
02-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Well, seeing as I am a satanist myself, dating one would be pretty chill.

Ther are a few branches: The one most people think of, active Satan worshippers, and the newest kind, modern satanist, which follow Anton LaVey's ideas, which are not to deny yourself the basic act of being human, in order to try to be some supernatural fool.

If you really want to know, go here http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/NineStatements.html

its the nine satanic statements, which is essentially the same thing as the ten commandments.

Go here as well http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Sins.html

its explaining the nine sins a satanist can commit.

Frankly, Satanism is the thing that makes most sense to me.

There are also Satanist that believe in magic, but that's a story for another time. :D

Lon
02-03-2009, 12:25 PM
Religious people of any creed scare me. They are all about psychotic to some degree, however I would consider a lot more factors than just someone's religion when befriending them.

In short, providing other things mesh out between me and said individual, Yes I porbably would befriend them reguardless of their religious view points.

wowzabunny
02-03-2009, 12:28 PM
nope

iGiraffe
02-03-2009, 01:25 PM
Well, maybe not date, but I would be willing to befirend a satanist. Everyone deserves a chance at being a friend, right? So, unless they like did crazy Satan rituals often or something like that, I guess I could be their friend. It would probably bug me that they think of Satan so greatly, but I would try focusing on their good traits and not care who they worshipped.

Gjallarhorn
02-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Didn't we just have another of these "Satanists are normal people too!" butthurt threads a few months back? Or is the pain from reading the ones from years ago just still in the back of my mind?

At any rate, sure, why the hell not?

-Kitsune-
02-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Sure, I have nothing against Satanists. In fact, I'm already friends with one, and I wouldn't mind dating one either. Its not like their religious preference is going to change their personality or whatever I like about them.

sa5m
02-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Unless they are yelling "HAIL SATAN!" every minute, I would be okay with them.

Basically, as long as they're not crazy weirdos, I'll befriend them.

RJ169
02-03-2009, 02:32 PM
yes i would date or befriend a girl who is a satanist ( satanist need love and friends to you know lol)

DOOM!
02-03-2009, 02:34 PM
But doesn't LaVey's Ideas make us all Satanists, in this case?

-akichan-
02-03-2009, 02:42 PM
I have a friend that admitted being a satanist, but she knows that I'm a christian, and since we are close friends, she never did anything bad to me. She says she believes in Satan, but she never do anything evil to me except for admitting what she believe.

As long as that person doesn't do anything evil to me, it's alright to be friends with, just like this friend of mine. All depending on how deep they are in.

If you ask me would I make friends with Satanist that actually ex: uses the name of Jesus and kill sinners (like the news few months ago), I would avoid them and pray for peace. I have faith in God, that I can live peacefully in his love.

Don't even ask me if I would date. I would avoid them.

Ollie
02-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Why wouldn't I?

The only times a person's faith matters to me is if
a) It gives them viewpoints that disagree with my own so severely that we cannot get along well, or
b) If they won't shut up about it ergo get on my nerves

So yeah, sure, why not.

_Freddie_
02-03-2009, 04:04 PM
If you really want to know, go here http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/NineStatements.html

its the nine satanic statements, which is essentially the same thing as the ten commandments.

Satan represents starting every sentence with "Satan represents".

But, on topic, I would be their friend, I'd also date a satanic girl. I like deep meaningful conversations, and I being a follower of Dao, would love to get to know a satanist personally and exchange knowledge of our beliefs.

BDNguyen
02-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Yeah I would befriend a satanist. It's only actions that would deter me. Being an atheist, I see Satanists the same way I see Christians. Just people with something that they believe.

6NoNo9
02-03-2009, 04:21 PM
It's funny because, last week, a girl I know quit her boyfriend because of this very reason; he was a satanist.

As for me, I don't think it'd bother me, I mean, if the person thinks like that, it's his/her choice. Different religions or beliefs shouldn't be taking in consideration when befriending someone. The person is the person, even though what she believe in isn't the same as you.

Gizoku
02-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Eh. Why not? I wouldnt date them though. Im not the kind of person who makes friends according to other peoples religion.
Befriending a satanist would be something different :] I like different.

wolfgirl90
02-03-2009, 04:50 PM
Well, if I did become close friends with a satanist, we could probably exchange jewelry. :p

Wiccans wear an upright pentagram, while satanists wear inverted pentagrams. All we would have to do is turn it upside down (or rightside up depending on the person:p).

Diocletian
02-03-2009, 06:34 PM
Yes, because Mexican myths are a pinch away from satanism. Plus, Francisco Granados taught me that it's cool to sacrifice: (Article relevant)

http://news.smh.com.au/world/mexican-killed-8-women-in-satanic-ritual-20081030-5bxf.html

estrago1
02-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Why the heck not. They are normal people like the rest of us (or as normal as religion gets.) I don't see the harm in it. But the first time I get asked to be in a ritual, thats it, i'm out.

Ωmega
02-03-2009, 07:34 PM
What kinda of Satanist? Theistic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_Satanism)* or Atheistic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satanism#Atheistic_Satanism)? Now, if we're going by the Church of Satan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Satan) and the Satanic Bible (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Satanic_Bible), then its Atheistic Satanists, in which "Satan" is referring to oneself, not the actual idea that Lucifer is worshiped like Jesus.

In either case, though, sure, why the hell not?

Hell, even Id be willing to date either or o_O

*no, they dont sacrifice animals either. Most of them anyway.

ichimoku_fanboy
02-03-2009, 08:55 PM
sure, why not?

the church should stop trying to prevent the inevitability that some people arent gonna be "saved"

(im a huge atheist btw)

Akito0o
02-03-2009, 09:03 PM
I wouldnt care if i was friends with one, but i don't think I would date one. Mainly because that would be one major thing we wouldn't have in common

Megamind's Minion
02-04-2009, 12:14 AM
why not?...
i see no harm in befriending one...
at least i can learn how Lucifer is viewed by the non Christian sect...

realms89
02-04-2009, 06:11 AM
Yes actually ive had a few friends that were proclaimed satanist in fact some of their ethics and moral teachings were quite interesting, anyways when it comes to Christianity and satanism i see it as one big folk story just different parts. Religion was never a big part in my life never saw any real need for it which is why i don't judge people on theirs. and sure id date a satanist as long as she doesn't try and push her faith on me.

little miss sunshine
02-04-2009, 06:39 AM
Being a Christian, I'd probably never date one but being friends shouldn't be an issue as long as he/she doesn't despise me for what I believe in or do unacceptable things.
It's best not the shun potential friends after all, even though their beliefs may contradict.
=)

On the other hand, to date a Satanist would just bring too much clash in thoughts and opinions for a relationship to work out.

KhronoBM
02-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Well since I don't believe in God or Satan or Jesus or Creationism in general, I probably would

suzumi
02-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Sure, why not? But I will rethink it if they start dropping hints that they're gonna try to use my blood to open a portal to Eris' basemen... I mean, hell.

lady_jesika
02-04-2009, 10:29 AM
well it seems the general answer is yes, so thanks for your opinions everyone. and i have to say im kinda surprised so many people mentioned LaVey, i mean, yeah he 's famous but i didnt think everyone knew about him ^^

mississippibaby
02-04-2009, 11:21 AM
um im not too sure if i could i wouldnt mind being friends with them another persons belief doesnt matter to me. but cerain people in my family are very religious and would have alot to say on the matter and that would cause problems within my faily so i dont know.

Ayame_Sohma
02-04-2009, 11:49 AM
I really don't think I would be able to be friends with satanist or date them because i would find it too creepy.

BestFly
02-04-2009, 12:44 PM
As long as they are normal acting....

then I doubt I'd have a problem. I don't want to attend midnight meetings in the woods or something.

Manhattan_Project_2000
02-04-2009, 03:04 PM
OP doesn't seem to know what Satanism is. In practice, most Satanists are completely aware that their "beliefs" are B.S., they simply try to be the least obvious of the Joke Religions. I have no problem with those ones although there are a few serious business types, who I'd avoid the same as any serious business type be they secular or not.

Perpetual Specter
02-04-2009, 05:56 PM
Being Christian(sort of), it would generally go against my beliefs. Really though, I wouldn't mind as long as we could both manage to not let religion get in the way of a relationship or friendship. Basically, we'd both have to keep our beliefs to ourselves and everything would be fine.

TrucyTrucy
02-04-2009, 06:45 PM
I was friends with a satanist. o_o
The friendship didn't end because of religion, though.

daft
02-04-2009, 06:46 PM
I have once in high school.. and yeah, they were as normal as any other. Bugged me alot less than the Mormons did > >' (no offense to any Mormons in here).

Kissed by Obito
02-04-2009, 07:03 PM
I would befriend a Satanist but I would not date one. I feel that you should not date someone that you would not marry. I feel that a person's spouse should be of a compatible religion to your own.

Ωmega
02-04-2009, 11:17 PM
OP doesn't seem to know what Satanism is. In practice, most Satanists are completely aware that their "beliefs" are B.S., they simply try to be the least obvious of the Joke Religions. I have no problem with those ones although there are a few serious business types, who I'd avoid the same as any serious business type be they secular or not.
What do you mean they know its bs? I havent met a theistic satanist myself, but I have met someone of [and read up on] the atheistic side of the spectrum and its mostly the belief that you are a creature of emotion, wants and desires, and that as long as those things dont hurt others, its ok to do. Basically it opposes Christianity/Catholicism, which tells you things like sex before marriage is wrong, one should avoid the 7 deadly sins, you must repent, and worship only God/Jesus.

Its strongly on the belief that man created God, not the other way around, therefore man is his own God. You as an individual have to power to bring fortune or damnation to yourself. It can also be very egotistical, stating that you should live only for yourself and no one else. It does go into love and children, usually that now you, as a God, have put those individuals before yourself out of love [which they believe is perfectly fine].

The theistic side is more of a reversal of Christianity. Well, depending on who you ask. Some believe that Lucifer created Johova [God], not the other way around, and that the Holy Bible is a book of lies. Some think that Lucifer wanted to grant mortals the gift of knowledge, and praise him for doing so [while of course, God wanted man to remain ignorant and child-like].

So looking at both, they have their own merits. Personally, I agree a pretty good deal with the idea of atheistic satanism in the idea that people created "God".

At any point, I dont see how anyone other than a pastafarian would think their religion is a joke o_o

...*maybe* some of the scientologists too

Diocletian
02-04-2009, 11:28 PM
I have once in high school.. and yeah, they were as normal as any other. Bugged me alot less than the Mormons did > >' (no offense to any Mormons in here).

Can Mormons even have computers? Or is that the Amish? Any religion that goes door to door doesn't deserve respect.

Manhattan_Project_2000
02-05-2009, 12:30 AM
What do you mean they know its bs? I havent met a theistic satanist myself, but I have met someone of [and read up on] the atheistic side of the spectrum and its mostly the belief that you are a creature of emotion, wants and desires, and that as long as those things dont hurt others, its ok to do. Basically it opposes Christianity/Catholicism, which tells you things like sex before marriage is wrong, one should avoid the 7 deadly sins, you must repent, and worship only God/Jesus.

Its strongly on the belief that man created God, not the other way around, therefore man is his own God. You as an individual have to power to bring fortune or damnation to yourself. It can also be very egotistical, stating that you should live only for yourself and no one else. It does go into love and children, usually that now you, as a God, have put those individuals before yourself out of love [which they believe is perfectly fine].

The theistic side is more of a reversal of Christianity. Well, depending on who you ask. Some believe that Lucifer created Johova [God], not the other way around, and that the Holy Bible is a book of lies. Some think that Lucifer wanted to grant mortals the gift of knowledge, and praise him for doing so [while of course, God wanted man to remain ignorant and child-like].

So looking at both, they have their own merits. Personally, I agree a pretty good deal with the idea of atheistic satanism in the idea that people created "God".

At any point, I dont see how anyone other than a pastafarian would think their religion is a joke o_o

...*maybe* some of the scientologists too

BS from the perspective that they don't really believe in a deity, they just follow a ritualistic philosophy that calls itself Satanism for the lulz. Not believing in a deity yet pretending to do so in order to tweak people's noses is a sign of joke religions. There are plenty of others: Pastafarianism, Church of SubGenius, Discordianism, Jedi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon), Last Thursdayism, and Invisible Pink Unicornism are probably the best known examples.

And frankly, Scientology's belief in Space Conquerors strikes me as about as well founded as Christianity's belief in Magical Jewish Zombies given the complete lack of evidence either way.

October.
02-05-2009, 01:45 AM
Being a Christian, I'd probably never date one but being friends shouldn't be an issue as long as he/she doesn't despise me for what I believe in or do unacceptable things.
It's best not the shun potential friends after all, even though their beliefs may contradict.
=)

On the other hand, to date a Satanist would just bring too much clash in thoughts and opinions for a relationship to work out.

yea..dating a Satanist here would be :eek: !
well...i can befriend one without getting into beliefs but as there are no Satanists this part, i'll not find one..
no dating a Satanist and befriending a Satanist..for me, that is.

Ωmega
02-05-2009, 07:56 AM
BS from the perspective that they don't really believe in a deity, they just follow a ritualistic philosophy that calls itself Satanism for the lulz. Not believing in a deity yet pretending to do so in order to tweak people's noses is a sign of joke religions. There are plenty of others: Pastafarianism, Church of SubGenius, Discordianism, Jedi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jedi_census_phenomenon), Last Thursdayism, and Invisible Pink Unicornism are probably the best known examples.

And frankly, Scientology's belief in Space Conquerors strikes me as about as well founded as Christianity's belief in Magical Jewish Zombies given the complete lack of evidence either way.
But again, it depends on which aspect of Satanism you refer to. Like I mentioned, the one side *does* worship Lucifer, since he is the one who gave man knowledge [so to speak].

And I wasnt away of half those other hokey religions o_O

/Aifa|
02-05-2009, 10:05 AM
I dont think ive ever met a satanist but i do meet a lot of goth people who only wear black, and dress themselves with metal spikes and studs. When it comes to people like them, i find they are actually very nice people. So im sure i wouldnt mind any satanists as long as our differences are only a matter of opinion and appearance.

lady_jesika
02-05-2009, 10:22 AM
go marudashi ^^ lol, your good at this and very informed, perhaps too informed, are u satanist? (u dont have to answer if its uncompfortable)
and another hting...um...invisible pink unicornism? never heard of that, O.o sounds like fun though

Dr. Evil
02-05-2009, 11:12 AM
Yeah....as long as they don't force satanism down my throat

Ωmega
02-05-2009, 05:16 PM
go marudashi ^^ lol, your good at this and very informed, perhaps too informed, are u satanist? (u dont have to answer if its uncompfortable)
and another hting...um...invisible pink unicornism? never heard of that, O.o sounds like fun though
Not really, I suppose you could say Im very agnostic atm.

I just have weird interests and tend to read up on them. Stuff like vampirism, serial killers, a few religions [satanic, pagan, catholic, and bits and pieces of mormons, pasatfraians, scientologists, muslims, etc, etc, etc].

But Ive known a few satanists, and they were very good people. Lots of fun too.

rf switch
02-05-2009, 05:33 PM
sure..but like with people of any faith or religion they better not preach it and try and convert me.

Patchouli Knowledge
02-05-2009, 05:47 PM
For my would doesn't count because I have a few satanist friends, there just like normal average people only with a different religion, they aren't creepy or weird to me at all. As long as there normal like people and are satanist for whatever reason they have then who cares, I would even date one if I like one. Besides the people that give satanist bad names are mostly cultist and not satanist.

Eris
02-06-2009, 02:13 PM
No. I only associate with people who join my own brainwash cult.

John Watson
02-06-2009, 02:45 PM
It doesnt really matter to me. I dont practice a religion of any sort. I'm not an athiest though. Buuuut~ different can be interesting. Who knows? :]

TheDesertFox
02-06-2009, 02:50 PM
I see no problem in befriending or dating a satanist.

Saikoro
02-06-2009, 11:13 PM
Satanism isnt named so for the lulz. It was named for the fact that in this world we live in, satan is more so an icon for opposition. LaVey said himself that he could have named it anything (He didn't start Satanism, he merely started the "New Movement" if you will) He created his own system of ideals and named it satanism, since todays world for the idea of opposition was conviniently Satan. Thus the name was chosen.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of the idea that dating a satanist wouldn't work because you are a christian. I can see where you are coming from, but from my own dating experiences, having dated 90% religious people, it doesn't generally get in the way. The only was I would see it not working well, would be if either of the two were the kind that pushed their beliefs on others. But people generally avoid those kind anyway.

oh and one more thing.

Pastafarianism, Church of SubGenius, Discordianism, Jedi, Last Thursdayism, and Invisible Pink Unicornism

lulz

.Gogo
02-06-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm not really religious, so it wouldn't bother me too much. The only reason why someone like that would bother me would be if they were trying to impose their own beliefs on me, and that basically goes for any religious person, whatever their 'religion' or 'belief' may be. I'm actually very accepting of my friends, as I do have a definite variety of them. When choosing friends it's mainly based on how we connect with eachother, and I'm not one to discriminate against differences of beliefs, unless, like I stated above, they were trying to force me to believe what they believe, because I would not do that to someone else.

---

lady_jesika
02-09-2009, 10:17 AM
marudashi, ur totally my new best friend, lol

Ramona Flowers
02-09-2009, 10:24 AM
Not because I give a flip about what they believe but because satanists are usually so angry/negative all the time [at least the satanists I've known <_<] and I don't really have the energy to chill out with angry people anymore.

Iceflower
02-09-2009, 10:49 AM
It still depends on the person, I think. But I would lie if I said that I had no problem at all with these kinds of things. I am always a little bit careful, but I am also quite curious. So I wouldn't really mind befriending a satanist. I could also learn something about it. But I wouldn't want to have a friend who wants to convert me. I don't have any religion that I think is true and it is just fine like this =d

*Iceflower*

Manhattan_Project_2000
02-09-2009, 11:56 AM
Satanism isnt named so for the lulz. It was named for the fact that in this world we live in, satan is more so an icon for opposition. LaVey said himself that he could have named it anything (He didn't start Satanism, he merely started the "New Movement" if you will) He created his own system of ideals and named it satanism, since todays world for the idea of opposition was conviniently Satan. Thus the name was chosen.I am aware of that. Yet it doesn't contradict me in the least.

The word "lulz" isn't a synonym for "laugh out loud". It's a word that has acquired a more nuanced meaning more along the lines of "trifling reasons" but with a humorous connotation. Picking a name that you know will set you off on the bad foot with most of your countrymen because it will set you off on the bad foot with most of your countrymen is the epitome of doing it for the lulz. The GNAA would be a similar example (If you Google that I have no responsibility for what happens to you. ED defines it, but there's also a Goatse on the page so if you aren't immune to it's soul rending effects, then don't click that link).

PrometheusUnbound
02-09-2009, 12:21 PM
As long as they're well behaved, yes I would. :D

I've never met a satanist. I have been to Damnation Festival though.

Saikoro
02-09-2009, 10:08 PM
I am aware of that. Yet it doesn't contradict me in the least.

The word "lulz" isn't a synonym for "laugh out loud". It's a word that has acquired a more nuanced meaning more along the lines of "trifling reasons" but with a humorous connotation. Picking a name that you know will set you off on the bad foot with most of your countrymen because it will set you off on the bad foot with most of your countrymen is the epitome of doing it for the lulz. The GNAA would be a similar example (If you Google that I have no responsibility for what happens to you. ED defines it, but there's also a Goatse on the page so if you aren't immune to it's soul rending effects, then don't click that link).

OMFG xD GNAA. Hilarious. But I do get your point, it makes sense.

Zenni-Kun
02-09-2009, 10:17 PM
sure, i see nothing wrong with dateing a satanist, it all depends on how they act towards me and whether or not they try to convert me/preach to me.......cause to me thats a no no

Jradow
02-09-2009, 11:08 PM
I would date a satanist because it would be interesting to know what they like and dislike. Her religion wouldn't get in the way of our relationship, as long as she doesn't try to convert me to Satanism because it'd be too troublesome in the future, imo.

The Wing Man
02-10-2009, 12:18 AM
Sure, sounds like fun.

Saikoro
02-10-2009, 12:22 AM
Being a good satanist, one SHOULDN'T push their beliefs on anyone anyway.

Cancre
02-10-2009, 12:38 AM
wow I might just make a thread saying would you date a christian now . . .
anyway that has nothing to do with anything because christians can chose to shove it down your throat or not . end of story im not making sense anymore . although I'd rather date a satanist , as long as they don't sacrifice chickens in my house , they can do it outside just not in MY house !

The Monarch
02-10-2009, 12:49 AM
It'll be interesting if I ever do.

OminousCloud
02-10-2009, 04:01 AM
It depends if I can profit from it and if they're hot. A girl has to look out for her interests.

atoms2ashes
02-10-2009, 06:14 AM
Satanists usually mean followers of the devil, which means doing horrible and sinful things.

So, no.

Orta Honehone
02-10-2009, 03:19 PM
I absolutely would - i'm athiest myself, but I still believe in "To each his/her own..."

Saikoro
02-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Satanists usually mean followers of the devil, which means doing horrible and sinful things.

So, no.

You really just said that didn't you?

lady_jesika
02-11-2009, 10:37 AM
not all satanists do horrible things. sure, maybe there are some that believe deeply enough to sacrifice animals and things like that, but that a totally different deal for them. most satanists are just normal people who believe something different than you. it doesnt make them bad. though i respect your opinion (atoms2ashes) i must disagree with you

Manhattan_Project_2000
02-11-2009, 12:02 PM
@Saikoro: You should probably tone down that post before a Misc Mod or Admin reads it.

JIMBO.
02-11-2009, 02:27 PM
I knew a girl called sophie in school and she claim to be a pegan
she was nice to me so I cant fault her.

Myrra
02-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Jimbo, I should like to clarify one tiny thing, Pagans are not Satanists.

Anywho, I'm friends with all sorts and as long as the Satanist's beliefs aren't being shoved down my throat, I think I can handle a friendship with one.
I don't like religious nutters...I have enough of those in my extended family. I don't need them as so-called friends.

JIMBO.
02-11-2009, 11:39 PM
Jimbo, I should like to clarify one tiny thing, Pagans are not Satanists.

oh well I dont know much about this sort of thing so it might as well be all the same thing

lady_jesika
02-12-2009, 10:12 AM
yes but jimbo they ARENT the same thing, thats like saying christians are the same as people of the jewish religion or that those two are the same as catholics.

Saikoro
02-12-2009, 10:30 AM
Pagan's worship meterial possessions or something of the like.

Manhattan_Project_2000
02-12-2009, 11:18 AM
Pagan's worship meterial possessions or something of the like.

Pagan is an Abrahamic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religions) term for any non-Abrahamic religion.

gaburieru
02-13-2009, 10:08 AM
I have a satanist friend. I wouldn't mind to have her as my girlfriend either fpr that matter.

Infinita
02-13-2009, 11:34 AM
I would date one as long they don't try to convert me. And I can be friends with almost anyone so, I think it wouldn't be so bad. ^^

mysticalsage
02-13-2009, 04:44 PM
i believe in alot of the satanist rule.... tough im not actually considering myself as one. i believe that spiritually talking they are quite interesting... i love their guts to carry on the satanist name despite general mass's belief. i would definitly date or befriend with a satanist... anyway i dont see why somebody spirituality would matter in friendship or love. if it does for you i hope ill never be friend with you :p.

Souji Seta
02-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Well, as long as they don't summon demons like Belial, I'm fine with it. A friend is a friend no matter who they are. And I think it is quite good to have a friend like that, you'll be able to understand people a bit more.

FaeryTaleAngel
02-15-2009, 12:38 AM
Yes, I would befriend an Atheist. But I would not date anyone. Heehee I really do not care what others think of myself or others in general. If I like an individual, I would befriend them without hesitation. Err... That is hoping that they would want to be my friend in return...hehheh...

~FaeryTaleAngel

Eris
02-15-2009, 06:26 AM
Pagan is an Abrahamic (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abrahamic_religions) term for any non-Abrahamic religion.

I think there is general confusion between the terms hedonism and paganism. A hedonist is indeed someone who only acts to maximize their own enjoyment and is as such very materialistic. I suspect the confusion stems from the apparent similarity between the words "heathen" (which is synonymous to "pagan") and "hedonist".

Saikoro
02-15-2009, 12:35 PM
^^Yes, that's what got me mixed up. thx

Miss Chola
02-21-2009, 02:18 PM
Yeah. Nice people can be satanists. I'm a Discordian =]

Srk
02-22-2009, 01:35 PM
I would, possibly because I might be one. Otherwise, I don't really care WHAT they believe in, if we can be friends, we will.

Magical Soul
02-22-2009, 01:49 PM
Yep you have have to accept people for what and who they are. ^_^

Evockzi
02-22-2009, 02:02 PM
Since I am Atheist I wouldn't be the slightest moved by someones beliefs...

Unless that person has beliefs against technology =)

Vdak
02-22-2009, 02:41 PM
I don't judge people by their religion. I have had several friends from very different religions and we simply never bring the topic. If the person can keep his religion to himself, then I wouldn't have a problem.

Interpreter
02-22-2009, 03:17 PM
I have absolutely no qualms in befriending or dating a Satanist, or whomever. Seriously, as long as they are not hypocrites in their beliefs and let me practice my own belief, then it's fine with me.

lady_jesika
02-23-2009, 10:11 AM
Yeah. Nice people can be satanists. I'm a Discordian =]

really? whats a discordian, sounds interesting

Anime Forum
02-23-2009, 10:18 AM
Well I am Atheist, but sure why not. No harm is done and I would accept her or his[if I befriended him, not date] religious view.

Manhattan_Project_2000
02-23-2009, 11:42 AM
really? whats a discordian, sounds interesting

A particular Joke-religion and or philosophy. Depending.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discordianism

Cannon
02-23-2009, 11:15 PM
One of my ex girl friends was a satanist, we were together for 2 years. Religion doesn't mean dog squat in a relationship if you ask me, I'm not religious and she didn't press hers on me so it was fine. Good people are good people regardless of their beliefs, never judge a book by it's cover as they say.

lady_jesika
02-24-2009, 10:06 AM
i cant stand joke religions...i dont think people should follow something just for comic effect. i mean im not the super mega-religious do anything for your god type but still u shouldnt make a mockery of something that can be taken so seriously

Saikoro
02-24-2009, 11:50 AM
Yeah, I'm not big into the god stuff, but I'm not going to mock it, that's just WAY too rude and unnecessary.