PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Star

+Namiko+
02-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Ok I just got into lucky star big time and I wanna know what other peoples think about it!!!! I know its a love it or hate it type show but I enjoy how it makes everyday life entertaining! So tell me what you think and tell me your favb character if you do like it!!!!

Necro'lic Enigma
02-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Well i actually not much fond of slice of life kinds of anime but i give them a chance too . I read this manga too and its not all that bad.
My fav character was Miyuki Takara , i just like her personality is , with glasses , simple , well mannered girl , well spoken ....sweet character ^^

+Namiko+
02-02-2009, 08:02 AM
LOL I meant mainly to focus on the show, and I forgot, my favorite character is konata
!!!!!

_Freddie_
02-02-2009, 08:16 AM
It was pretty mediocre, in my opinion. Worth watching though, I guess.

However, for "Anime parodying Anime" it flat out loses to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Much funnier, and I like the art style more.

Necro'lic Enigma
02-02-2009, 08:43 AM
LOL I meant mainly to focus on the show, and I forgot, my favorite character is konata
!!!!!

Accept my sincere apologies for not posting carefully , actually buddy i have seen the anime too its just that i didnt mention this fact . Sorry again.
The anime was really nice as well , not up to the mark , its not like "my genre" types so i cant say anything more then this cuz i may offend someones feelings.

Thanks again.

Dr. Hax
02-02-2009, 08:59 AM

However, for "Anime parodying Anime" it flat out loses to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. Much funnier, and I like the art style more.

Finally, someone who has a taste in parody/satire. Are you in despair too?

Anyway, Meito was a funny character. Always full of life and energy.

Amray The II
02-02-2009, 01:52 PM
I think that Lucky Star is one of the most amazing and most genius anime series' ever created. I can state this without one little doubt.

Akira will always be my most favourite anime female, one in which I think was created by a genius. Making a young girl, who has been in business with television since she was three years old, and portraying her as a middle-aged woman that is going through a mid-life crisis, I thought, was great.

Akito0o
02-02-2009, 03:17 PM
Im not a big fan but it can be kind of cute at times.

Gjallarhorn
02-02-2009, 03:21 PM

SZS doesn't just parody other anime. It parodies that society as a whole. It does, of course, pick on anime, especially in ZSZS. In addition, all the series mark the producers' clear hatred of Lucky Star, another reason to love the series.

As for Lucky Star, I hate it. It was funny as a 4koma, but it never should have been animated.

_Freddie_
02-02-2009, 04:52 PM
SZS doesn't just parody other anime. It parodies that society as a whole. It does, of course, pick on anime, especially in ZSZS. In addition, all the series mark the producers' clear hatred of Lucky Star, another reason to love the series.

Indeed it does, especially through the students. As for ZSZS, when I saw the first episode I thought they'd really drastically changed the show, but then it went back to normal, they totally tricked me, I felt stupid.

Finally, someone who has a taste in parody/satire. Are you in despair too?

f-jGYAbjIOI

Pseudonym
02-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Eh, I thought Lucky Star was pretty cool. I wouldn't say it's the best anime out there but I find it quite interesting.

My favourite character is Konata. I adore her personality and eccentricity.

mississippibaby
02-04-2009, 10:25 AM
i love lucky star it was soo funny!!!! my favorite character is konata. Im a hude fan of this anime its not like many others after i had finished watching it i was kind of addicted for awhile. in my opinion thew sub version was way better than the dubbed version. anyways even though i liked it its not my favorite anime or my favorite genre and i hated that lucky channel thing at the end and i didnt too much like the OVA.

BestFly
02-04-2009, 01:07 PM
I obviously love Lucky Star, but less for the actual anime and more for the characters. Especially Konata and Kagami.

But I also like the cute art style and everything.

.Lovebeat
02-07-2009, 08:23 AM
It was okay. Not the most funniest thing ever, the jokes, if there were any, never threw me off my chair. I don't like how they displayed some characters as slow and stupid, for their age.

BestFly
02-07-2009, 02:50 PM
It was okay. Not the most funniest thing ever, the jokes, if there were any, never threw me off my chair. I don't like how they displayed some characters as slow and stupid, for their age.

A lot of the characters in Lucky Star are based on anime stereotypes. So if anyone seemed stupid, it's most likely because of that.

Orta Honehone
02-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Eh, its cute; but any show where they spend half of an episode discussing how to eat various foodstuffs really doesnt keep my attention for very long...

kajikun16
02-26-2009, 08:44 PM
konata was very interesting she showed alot of being a otaku and video gamer and the anime was great

Lenks
02-26-2009, 09:10 PM
I watched a few episodes but stopped. I might have enjoyed it better if I knew a thing about Japanese culture or watched some of the anime it parodied.

The Real Akai
02-26-2009, 10:22 PM
Lucky Star is Epic McPwn I LOVE that Anime
Konata is difinetly my favorite second fav is shiraishi wa wa wa wa sure mono LOL
Kona is every Otakus dream girl She loves anime, manga, and net games whats not to love Kona-chan shall be my wife just wait and see

SweetChoco
02-26-2009, 10:28 PM
when i first tried watching it i got amazed by the series plus the characters where funny

+Namiko+
03-06-2009, 01:50 PM
I think that Lucky Star is one of the most amazing and most genius anime series' ever created. I can state this without one little doubt.

Akira will always be my most favourite anime female, one in which I think was created by a genius. Making a young girl, who has been in business with television since she was three years old, and portraying her as a middle-aged woman that is going through a mid-life crisis, I thought, was great.

Lol, Akira's a freaking psychopath^^!!^^lol lol lol
"Iiiiiiiiiiiits IRRITATING!!!"

mstrmnd48
03-06-2009, 02:02 PM
its a good anime. favorite character is Konata.

FuriKuriFishy
03-15-2009, 09:07 PM
I really like this anime, i think it's one of the best I've seen so far. It's the perfect blend of normal life and comedy. My fave character has to be Konata, just the way she acts, her personality and all the faces she makes are just hilarious. :p

tsujigiri15
03-15-2009, 09:48 PM
Eh, its cute; but any show where they spend half of an episode discussing how to eat various foodstuffs really doesnt keep my attention for very long...

I agree - the show is funny in parts but I dont think its fast moving enough - I need to be very relaxed to enjoy it I think, otherwise I just start to twitch in boredom/the knowledge I have better things to be doing.

For slice of life fun, I would reccomend azumanga daioh - its similar, and also has interesting characters, but seems better written. Seening as its older, I'd say it certainly influenced lucky star...

Thanks for the tip! I am definitely gonna check this one out...