PDA

View Full Version : Looking for live-action mystery..

Holocoz
02-01-2009, 08:29 PM
I'm looking for a live-action series (Japanese, Korean, etc.) that involves solving mysteries similar to Detective Conan, Detective School Q, etc, preferably a series without any supernatural elements but just pure deduction, pure reality. You know, the one in which there's always a different mystery every two or three episodes and the main character/s look for clues until they find the culprit.

I've already tried the live-action of Kindaichi Case Files, Tantei Gakuen, Conan, and Death Note (which doesn't count.)

Also, I want the mysteries to be solvable by the viewers (like in Detective Conan).

Thanks!!!

The Grey Crane
02-01-2009, 09:27 PM
There are a lot of them actually but here's one that really stands out...

Kurosagi is a Japanese live action series about swindling. Starring two of Japan's most popular stars Tomohisa Yamashita and Horikita Maki, this show is a story of a swindler who swindles swindlers. It involves problem solving which usually involves money and deceit with a little (just a little) love story thrown here and there. There are a lot of interesting, colorful, and mysterious characters all throughout the series. If you're interested in the underworld, mafias, and straight-up cunning people, then this show is for you.

So we're both from the Philippines?...

Holocoz
02-02-2009, 07:47 AM
Yup, Filipino here..
I'm looking for something similar to Case Closed and Detective School Q... you know, the usual type of mystery solving by detectives.. Kurosagi looks interesting,though... but I'm not into the mafia, lol.

Thanks for the reply.

The Grey Crane
02-03-2009, 01:05 AM
Kurosagi might be mafia-ish but it's not really a mafia show. Mafia-ish in a sense that there are a lot of dubious and underhanded things going on in the show. No, you won't see any mafiosos carrying tommy guns here. But you'll see a lot of run-ins with the police and other syndicates of the underworld.

It is an underhandedly witty show with a huge array of great characters. Oh and i forgot to mention, it is also partly a detective drama - one of the main characters (an anti-hero) is an old detective hell-bent in putting the protagonist behind bars.