Ayumi
11-11-2003, 10:53 PM
New RPG...*Manager* - Pretty Boy of Evil

Pretty Boy of Evil
11-11-2003, 11:39 PM
CIE: Cracks in the Empire

Ghairon
AR 40376

The deathwand beam went wide by less than three inches. A young woman collapsed, her central nervous system overridden like so much shoddy wiring.

Laomedon Tharsis, Praetor and representative of the Autarch on the verdant world of Ghairon, didn't wait for the inevitable second beam to find its mark. His mind sought union with the psychic blanket embracing all of the Thaebite worlds, and suffused with its power, he simply stopped the flow of time around him.

A short walk along the silent hematite boulevard brought him to his would-be assassin, hidden amidst a heap of refuse. The Praetor's monofilament sabre flashed to life and the assassin's life fled his body. When the flow of time returned to normal, both the body and the Praetor were gone.

Megara Outpost
AR 40376

"Are you serious?"

The young redhead nodded in the affirmative, touching her crystal receiver out of habit.

"Yes, sir. Our findings confirm those of the Pithekoussai facility. The blast marks are confirmatory enough, but when one compares the tissue residue..."

The Exarch interrupts her. The wingtips of grey in his hair and his black uniform are all the trappings of authority he requires to silence the young scientist.

"I don't need to hear any more of this. Have you informed anyone else of your findings?"

"No, sir. We have taken steps to make sure that not even the adjutant will find the remains of the A.V.C. Trimegistos. Though we have some lingering concerns that to be implicated in burying this will be, well, serious. It isn't every day that someone brings down an Ephor-class voidcraft..."

He silences her with a gesture.

"The consequences will be far less serious than if you let this out. Look, Valeria...Dr. Neoboule, I mean, we have concerns more serious than just one ship. There are reports..."

He in turn is interrupted by the sudden activity of Dr. Neoboule's crystal. She touches it without asking the Exarch's leave. The message is swift and clear.

"Sir...the ship...it wasn't empty..."

Cracks in the Empire

For thousands of years untold worlds fell under the sway of the Autarch of Thaebis. Ruling impenetrably from his capital in Crydon, he is the source of all authority in his swathe of the multiverse. He has the power to decide the fate of trillions.

It has been a long, long time since the might of Thaebis has been challenged. But the challenge is a long time coming.

This will be a backstory-intensive RPG for no more than six or seven people. There will be no dominating game system or micromanagement of minutiae, but there will be an attribute auction once we have a full complement of players.

There are no limits. You may play an intimate of the Autarch's circle, the warlord of a rebellious world, a common thief, or an indomitable mentalist. The Autarch is the master of many worlds, more than I could possibly design. This is your chance. All concepts, designs, etc. are subject to my ultimate approval. No player will begin the game without a complete and approved character. Other than the constraints imposed on you by the attribute auction results, there are no prior restrictions on character creation. None at all.

You will certainly have scads of questions about the setting, the technology, the structure of the game, etc. Please feel free to pose them here for the benefit of all interested in the game. This is also the thread to announce your intended participation in CIE This is not the thread to begin hashing out character ideas, as that should be done privately with me.

If you managed to read this far, I certainly hope you are interested in the game. The Autarch, whose thoughts are the history of his subjects, implores you to join CIE. :)

Pretty Boy of Evil
11-21-2003, 11:27 AM
As this game is not getting much traction, I suppose I will close recruitment soon. If you have been considering playing, please say so now...

spectrum
11-09-2004, 06:32 PM
name:Spectrum the summoner
history: betrade by his beloved one and took to the dark art of the necromancer.
ooc: um im new here and now im confussed about the story line sorry

Daxe
11-10-2004, 01:38 PM
is there any kind of format you was possible players to subment?

haldir-the-elven-warrior
11-11-2004, 06:14 PM
may i join your rpg?
name:haldir the great thief
history:he will not speak of it or mention it.the only thing known about him is that he was in the exudos army that was masacred.
appearance:dress in black leather shirt,pants,boots, and trenchcoat.blueish green eyes,black hair, and race unknown.he carried two short swords,a longbow,quiver,and two the sacred white fighting knifes.

Church_was_killed
11-19-2004, 09:24 AM
Just Joking For Gods Sake :d

Church_was_killed
11-19-2004, 09:25 AM
forget what i just said they blocked my other message