PDA

View Full Version : Songs that flow together.

Gjallarhorn
01-29-2009, 11:26 PM
One thing I really love that some artists do is make several songs, be they on the same album or released over a period of time, that flow together. Not that the closing of one song fades into the opening of another, thought that would certainly count, but that the feeling and sound of the songs are similar, and there's a clear relation between them.

Do you have any songs like this by an artist that you like?

When typing this, I had the following in mind:
ストレイテナー - "Killer Tune (Natural Born Killer Tune)"
ストレイテナー - "BERSERKER TUNE"

Though there's also

Asian Kung-Fu Generation's "Shindoukaku" and "Rewrite", "Angou no Waltz" and "World Apart", "Tabidatsu Kimi He" and "Neoteny".

Queen's "We Will Rock You" and "We Are the Champions"

And a few others.

Gandizzl
01-30-2009, 10:03 AM
The whole Mew And The Glass Handed Kites album by Mew has this completeness to it. Every song fade into the next one without a noteable transition at all while the album in general keeps the same kind of mood and feel.

Also Meshugga's Catch 33 is basically one long song divided into several parts, much like the Edge Of Sanity album; Crimson II.
Crimson II also follows the album/song Crimson so they have a connection on several levels.

Opeth are great at keeping the feel of their albums. Each album flows extremely well in a direction, but this is often the case of concept albums.

The Police have a lot of songs that have the same feel to them like Don't Stand Too Close To Me, Next To You and Can't Stand Losing You.

Necro'lic Enigma
01-30-2009, 10:09 AM
Its an arabic song named "Mi'maamakim" by the idan Raichel project , definately suitable to say it had the correct and perfect flow which is needed.
I can only say its a beautiful song.

Diocletian
01-30-2009, 06:04 PM
I'm a fan of punk, and the Satan's Rat album flows well. Louise has the same feel as You Make Me Sick, only in different points in the relationship.

Memento Mori
01-30-2009, 07:31 PM
I love The Who, and from the versions I have, "I'm Free" and "See Me, Feel Me" flow together for some reason. Not only in meaning as if one is part one and the other is part two, but also in the end of "I'm Free" flows with "See Me, Feel Me". Maybe it's my brain. @[email protected]

Cloud.
01-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Though there's also

Asian Kung-Fu Generation's "Shindoukaku" and "Rewrite", "Angou no Waltz" and "World Apart", "Tabidatsu Kimi He" and "Neoteny."

Heh, as I clicked on this topic, and as I was reading that original post, I was listening to Asian Kung-Fu Generation's "Blue Train."

My two-cents would be:

Coheed and Cambria's "Blood Red Summer" and "The Suffering", two songs that could really flow following each other, regardless of the order. They even share that same high-pitched 'Hey!' soundbite.