PDA

View Full Version : How often do you skip school?

Bring Me The Horizon
01-29-2009, 07:36 AM
I dont skip a lot but I do skip certain classes like physics :D:D

Necro'lic Enigma
01-29-2009, 07:39 AM
I dont go to school buddy sorry. But it would be fun to skip school if i was.:D

Eris
01-29-2009, 08:39 AM
At uni, classes aren't mandatory. There is no such thing as skipping them. I usually fail to attend one or two classes a week. Depends how difficult the course is (I've aced a course attending only one single lecture, which was sign-up day), and when the class is (if it's really late and I'm tired, I usually figure that whatever the lecturer is saying isn't going to stick anyways).

Datenshi
01-29-2009, 08:46 AM
I haven't attended classes for more than half a year now. I'll get back to you next semester.

Bulf
01-29-2009, 08:51 AM
I've only skipped once, and that was because I couldn't find my classroom D:.

BestFly
01-29-2009, 08:54 AM
I was the king of not going to class.

In high school I had the max amount of absences allotted.

In college I missed at least a class a week. Also there were classes where I would only show up for tests and that's it.

Memento Mori
01-29-2009, 09:38 AM
I've never missed a class because I enjoy being at school in general. All my friends who I never get to talk to outside of school are there, I feel much safer than I do anywhere else, and you always feel like you have something to do. Only a few of my teachers are jerks, but my friends are in those classes, so I get by.

Wonderwice
01-29-2009, 10:21 AM
I used to skip school occasionaly in Highschool but now I can't even miss one lesson. At least, I can't miss any of my Japanese classes. I've skipped English and other things I don't really care for a few times though. xD

I miss Highschool were you could just stay away without consequenses, haha.

Bring Me The Horizon
01-29-2009, 11:06 AM
I was the king of not going to class.

In high school I had the max amount of absences allotted.

In college I missed at least a class a week. Also there were classes where I would only show up for tests and that's it.
Well I may be stealing that title:p

I haven't attended classes for more than half a year now. I'll get back to you next semester.

KK keep me posted :D

I used to skip school occasionaly in Highschool but now I can't even miss one lesson. At least, I can't miss any of my Japanese classes. I've skipped English and other things I don't really care for a few times though. xD

I miss Highschool were you could just stay away without consequenses, haha. Unfortunatley there are consequences now :( thers this thing called Iparent they can monitor everything from grades to behavior to absences :(

Dr. Evil
01-29-2009, 11:15 AM
I dont now but I have before

Amray The II
01-29-2009, 11:28 AM
Skipping college or lectures is something that has never even occured to me. I may pass some lectures to do assignments, but with authority to do so, and skipping college all together is absolutely unthinkable. I would never do it nor question whether I should do so.

kamaaina ^_^
01-29-2009, 11:47 AM
i pay for my college so im not going to let those classes i paid for go to waste, i attend all of them an then some lol

Ollie
01-29-2009, 12:00 PM
I have in the past, yes, both during high school and college. Not any more, though. So far this quarter the only classes I might've missed were accidental (slept in or weather problem).

estrago1
01-29-2009, 12:11 PM
I skip at least once every 2-3 months. And it is always on a Wednesday, when I get back from my dad's place so I have time to think up an excuse. This year, however, we had so many snow days (including a day or two off every few weeks) that I didn't really need to stay away from school. Actually, I want to go back to school. Its regents week and I have the week off.

SigmaSD
01-29-2009, 12:25 PM
I rarely skip, but when I do, it's usually because we have to turn in a project I didn't do.

XtremeKakashi
01-29-2009, 12:37 PM
i skipped school once and got caught so i never did it again

DarkMoonPrince
01-29-2009, 12:42 PM
i used to skip classes a lot in the past, it just weird that i skipped almost half a year of a few classes and still passed. i guess they were too easy and boring for me. lol such a fun time skipping and going to the mall and/or McDonalds.

Infinita
01-29-2009, 12:46 PM
I have skipped before but I always got penalized for it. Maybe once or twice in the school year. A bit more this year then the previous years before.

DOOM!
01-29-2009, 12:50 PM
This is based on the false assumption that I DO go to school.

Bring Me The Horizon
01-29-2009, 01:35 PM
i used to skip classes a lot in the past, it just weird that i skipped almost half a year of a few classes and still passed. i guess they were too easy and boring for me. lol such a fun time skipping and going to the mall and/or McDonalds.

I know right its always fun to skip with a group of people lol much better

Alycursed
01-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Hm, it's rare that I ever do, my conscious is extremely loud. ]:
My friends text me and when the bell rings for the next class
I fake going to the portables and leave with them.
Again, rare.

Baka
01-29-2009, 02:25 PM
The only reason that I don't go to class is if I miss my bus.

Oh, but sometimes I skip to my classes. Does that count???

Zenai_D'icess
01-29-2009, 02:46 PM
i try not to ever, but then something random happens and you just end up skipping. you all know that feelin

Anime Forum
01-29-2009, 02:52 PM
I am a boring nice kid so I don't skip school. I would not want to skip anyways because I do not want to get in trouble and I want to do good.

law~
01-29-2009, 02:57 PM
Sweet boyfriend and I used to skip classes when we were hungry, or when a debate was planned, or something silmilar.
^_^ pretty fun! I loved to skip classes, but he not that much :p

I guess I was a bad influence

sa5m
01-29-2009, 04:46 PM
I dont skip a lot but I do skip certain classes like physics :D:D

WHAT?! Physics is awesome! ;_;

I've never skipped school before... I have excused myself from school, however, when I had a buttload of homework or a really hard test to study for.

blueangel06661
01-29-2009, 05:05 PM
Wow.. I haven't actually "Skipped" school since middle school. Back then I was oh so careless. I'd show up for home room and leave for P.E and come back for computer class xD

Now if I skip school it's because if some troubles actually getting to school. Like once I missed the bus, so I stood out there in the cold.. Gave up and turned my heater on and went back to bed. lol.

And alarms seem to hate me.. My phone alarm started messing up, them my ipod, and now my clock alarm >.> So thats turning into a problem. heh.

Bring Me The Horizon
01-29-2009, 05:18 PM
WHAT?! Physics is awesome! ;_; .

physics is blah to me i dont understand it at all T_T and my teacher doesn't help either with his yelling and rants about Americas government -_-"

Yuuki Kurosu
01-29-2009, 05:20 PM
Lol I rarely skip class.
My friend Mike got an ISS last week for finally getting caught. XD
He skipped gym for like, 3 months. Haha.
The gym teach found him in the hallway at his locker. : p

And alarms seem to hate me.. My phone alarm started messing up, them my ipod, and now my clock alarm >.> So thats turning into a problem. heh.

I have the same problem. Dx lol.

MissBunBun
01-29-2009, 05:24 PM
PFFT. Lol I try not to skip so much but as long as I get my work done ahead of time, Then yea.
Lol even though i skipped today but I had all my work done from my other previous classes

rikumi
01-29-2009, 10:08 PM
I skip school usually because I'm not feeling well or need to attend competitions/meeting/part-time jobs. I don't pick around my subjects even though I do skip school often, and I manage to get a bunch of As for certain subjects.

I like school =]
but not this year - I have a lot of hateful classmates =_=lll

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
01-29-2009, 10:49 PM
No point. If I missed a class, I risk failing the entire semester. My school is an early college school, so if I want to get my AS, I better go to my classes XD!

Ayame_Sohma
01-29-2009, 11:06 PM
When i was in high school i never skip school or lesson but when i went to college i skip loads of classes.

Saikoro
01-30-2009, 12:40 AM
In my freshman year of high school, I missed 110 days out of 180. :O That's a lot!

Haoie
01-30-2009, 01:15 AM
Kids, stay in school.

.Miki~
01-30-2009, 02:47 AM
i never skip classes without skippin school all together, so i guess 3 or four times a year

Famahama
01-30-2009, 04:13 AM
Just once in my life, although, it's extra class o_O

History, the hell of my life

Saikoro
01-30-2009, 01:04 PM
Kids, stay in school.

Yess kids, it is important, and without school you will amount to nothing.

BDNguyen
01-30-2009, 02:19 PM
I've never skipped school, but how does everybody else do so without getting caught?

Kawairashii hikari
01-30-2009, 02:40 PM
Never skipped school, though I have skipped certain classes before. Such as Spanish 2 maybe 3 times. English... Art History... Algebra 2. And those are only the ones I've skipped for this year.

Light Buster
01-30-2009, 03:56 PM
Never but I do leave school or miss parts of it for doctor appointments.

BestFly
01-30-2009, 04:16 PM
I've never skipped school, but how does everybody else do so without getting caught?

It takes some skill, some acting abilities, and it depends on the teachers and when you do it. It hard to find the balance between not being able to go to school, and having to go to the doctors.

A lot of times you'll have to show up to at least home room, since a lot of times that's when they check to see whos in and who is not. If you can somehow manage to get a fake fever, you can be gone for like 3 days in a row and no one will care.

But I don't recomend it, school is important despite how i treated it.

Saikoro
01-30-2009, 05:05 PM
Skipping school is easy as hell, you jusy need to be a good liar, and never change your story. But the best way to avoid the trouble, is to not do it at all. School really is important. If you don't want to go to school, move to africa or something.

Not that the american school system really works. America has a loer literacy rate than Africa.

Japan has the highest literacy rate in the world, something like 95%. Hooray!

Eris
01-30-2009, 05:16 PM
WHAT?! Physics is awesome! ;_;

To be fair, there are some pretty boring segments of physics taught in HS. Newtonian Mechanics is duller than Dullshire "Dull-man" Van Der Dull reciting the phonebook in his most monotonous voice.

Diocletian
01-30-2009, 06:01 PM
It's kinda stupid to skip school. Buck up and go, it doesn't take much to get an A.

I skipped 1/2 of 7th grade and 8th, but I haven't skipped this year except for Japanese.(I wanted French. They get to eat food)

Konata Izumi
01-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Usually I skip the last week of school, all we do is watch movies and do other useless and boring activities.

haddad287
01-30-2009, 08:51 PM
I never skipped a class yet, I should trry it once

BDNguyen
01-30-2009, 09:09 PM
I also wonder, what kind of excuses are used when skipping school? I couldn't imagine a word I could say if I was caught skipping school.

Anpan Hayase
01-30-2009, 10:01 PM
I was constantly skipping.
Our school is building a new building so it's just so easy to walk out. >>;

So then, I'm like...

<<;
>>;

See ya!

-Kitsune-
01-30-2009, 10:02 PM
I skip school pretty often, either staying home cus I don't feel like going or going to school a couple hours late. I've also skipped classes during school and wandered the halls with a friend who did the same for an hour.
I only do it because I do well in all my classes anyways and I can afford to miss a couple days when I feel like it. If you have below-average grades, don't skip class cus you're just digging yourself a deeper hole >>

StabWound
01-30-2009, 10:05 PM
I used to skip everyday for several months at a time, it resulted in having to go to court on more than one occasion.

Yeah, don't do that.

Saikoro
01-30-2009, 10:59 PM
^^Same here. But it caught up to me a few years later. I ditched 90 percent of the time in 9th grade, and it hit me in 11th. D:

pandacommander
01-30-2009, 11:44 PM
I haven't I'm a good boy :D LOL

Wouldn't have anywhere to go anyway

jnLL
01-31-2009, 03:40 AM
I've never skipped school. Even though I'm a lazy student.

golden girl
02-12-2009, 07:26 AM
I can never skip any class in school but I would like to okay I won't but how can I? I'am just twelve and we don't have any arrangements to do so and even if we had I would never afterall I love going to school yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gizoku
02-12-2009, 07:43 PM
I usually skip my 4th hour, cause thats when my other friends have lunch :] So I eat with them.
Though sometimes, almost never, I skip 3rd, 4th, and 5th hour like I did today.

D: I have a bad case of Senioritis.

Eikoseisui
02-12-2009, 08:33 PM
Before college, the only time I ever skipped class without being sick was on accident. It's a semi-long story and I don't feel like explaining.

I've been bad this semester and skipped a few of my classes, mainly Chinese class. However, yesterday, I skipped my last two classes because there was a wind storm coming through with winds up to 70 MPH and honestly, I didn't want to risk getting injured or killed trying to get to and from my classes.

TheDesertFox
02-12-2009, 09:23 PM

Yeah I know what you mean. I'll play the "I'm sick" card and then spend the day doing whatever I want.

sa5m
02-12-2009, 09:52 PM

Oh yes, senioritis... >.<
On a random note, I wonder if senioritis is contagious?

TheDesertFox
02-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Oh yes, senioritis... >.<
On a random note, I wonder if senioritis is contagious?

I'm pretty sure it is, over half my class has it.

little miss sunshine
02-12-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't think I've ever skipped school deliberately in my life!
I may skip certain classes, but not the whole day of school.
Goody-two-shoes.
Hahahha.

But now I'm in uni, so gone are those days.

Cursed.Devilish.Elemental
02-15-2009, 07:49 AM
I've skipped school about three to five times, but they aren't right in a row. They're spread out and random.

Never skipped just one class though. My mom lets me skip half-days though, too.

wowzabunny
02-15-2009, 07:58 AM
never

OtakuPenguin
02-17-2009, 02:09 PM
I never skipped in high school. Now that I am in college I will occasionally skip a class or two if I am busy or just want that extra 2-3 hours of sleep :p

LiLi.
02-17-2009, 02:10 PM
Don't skip school. I lub school :L

mitsuki tensei
02-17-2009, 02:21 PM
lol haven't got the courage to do that yet anyways i prefer to snooze in the class than skip it..too much energy wasted on being caught Zzzzzzzz