PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone Give me tips on Binding?

Orianajones
01-27-2009, 07:01 AM
i'm a size 10E in australian sizes. Anyway, i'm planning on doing a Crosplay of L from Death note... so i need to bind down my chest area. any tips?

Akihiko Yamamoto Hozagaki
01-28-2009, 07:54 PM
My goodness. I'm sorry, but there really isn't anything you can do. Binding a chest that size will only draw more attention. The most I can recommend is wear a sports bra and very loose shirt.

Warusenai
01-31-2009, 12:06 PM
hmm...for that size there isn't MUCH you can do but you can try a sports bra with some of the elasticisty taken out of the bottom so it won't push them up at all, then using an ace bandage wrap it around starting from the middle and you want to pull them to the sides and down some and wrap around just make sure you have enough length in the wrap (get two if you have to) to make sure you can't muffin much if at all. with big boobies it's really hard even if you have the money to buy a compression vest to completely hide them..actually you can never completely hide them lol. i speak with a 40D(american size) and i cosplay Luffy but...i say i just had a huge meal of meat or am doing gomu gomu no balloon so it kinda works with my stomach and all haha.

i will say that it hurts, and that you will slide around so you'll have to adjust yourself a few times and you must NEVER sleep in it. binding crushes your chest and makes it harder to breath, you won't be able to take in deep full breaths. also if you bind too much you can develop cysts but if you're only gonna do it a few times then you should be set. if you already have cysts then i'm very sorry...i feel your pain. >.< it's gonna hurt like hell *pat pat* good luck!

if you have the money to drop on these then go for it, it's less hassle and a little be gentler on the body http://ftm.underworks.com/

Megumi Oaks
02-18-2009, 12:45 PM
I would say, don't do L. Everyone does L anyways. Do Tifa? Embrace your body! Do characters that fit.

kamaaina ^_^
02-18-2009, 01:14 PM
I would say, don't do L. Everyone does L anyways. Do Tifa? Embrace your body! Do characters that fit.

yeah, do Rangiku Matsumoto ^_^

Lavos
02-18-2009, 01:33 PM
I'm a guy, so I don't know much in this area. From friends that I have talked to, I have heard a couple of different ways. Wearing multiple bra's a couple sizes smaller, or using some sort of bandage to wrap around them.

Silvered Fox
02-23-2009, 09:35 PM
First off, though i'm not familiar with sizes outside the US, i will state that just because you have larger assets, it's not impossible to work with. I've heard many examples of women who've managed to at least minimize them, and have a friend who is a very decent Sanosuke Sagara cosplayer with size DD *coughs* assets ^.~

First off - Binding should not -hurt- done right. It can be uncomfortable, but if it hurts, you're doing it wrong, or could chance bruising things and tha's painful :(

Have you been on the cosplay.com crossplay forums before? There are alot of good tips and advice from people who bind for cosplay pretty often... and never mind, as i noticed that you have been over there as i was looking for some handy links for you XD I'll see if i can find a particular thread i was on once a long while ago with some more detailed tips for people with slightly larger sizes than the girls who can crossplay easily with their size A assets ><

Let me amend this with this link i just found browsing a thread on it: http://sillysisshisunshine.deviantart.com/art/Boobs-B-Gone-79034559

Apparently great success with a compression shirt, and size 40 H O.o