PDA

View Full Version : Why do you think anime is associated with nerds?

MC_SI
01-14-2009, 07:05 PM
About 90% of the people I know consider it nerdy. I'm one of the "coolest" people at my school and no one would even imagine me watching anime. It's pretty shitty because its something I enjoy and that I think others would if they gave it a chance.

Eris
01-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Nah, the Anime crowd aren't real nerds. They aren't quite nerdy enough for that. That being said, a lot of nerds to watch Anime.

Really, after high school, nerdliness is the new cool. After the looks of the popular kids fade, and they get lifetime jobs flipping burgers and selling groceries, the nerds make money, and get hot chicks.

Diocletian
01-14-2009, 07:39 PM
You can't change people not liking it. Obession stouts the mind & if you've ever talked to a hardcore anime fan it gets annoying & nerdy.

What's your favorite type of music?
L Arc En Ciel & Maximum The Hormon!!!

What type of shows do you watch?
Naruto, Bleach, DBZ

& that's cool if you're being interviewed by an anime website, but don't expect girls/guys to not call you a nerd & laugh at you.

KazuYuki
01-14-2009, 07:52 PM
anime is so not nerdy obviously any one who says that has not experienced or basked in the anime goodness lol. usually because it has anime in comic form (manga) they associate nerds with reading comics. it's a common thing that fools who know nothing of anime should say that it's nerdy.

MC_SI
01-14-2009, 07:59 PM
The other part of it is that on average the people who talk about anime are the nerdier type.

Why do you think they do while the more "popular" and "gangster" kids dont.

Sagat
01-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Nah, the Anime crowd aren't realAfter the looks of the popular kids fade, and they get lifetime jobs flipping burgers and selling groceries, the nerds make money, and get hot chicks.

Too true. I remember a jock dbag from my old high school who used to think he was the greatest thing the world has ever seen, and all the popularity BS that surrounded him.

Back in Brandon just this Christmas while on leave, went to a restaurant with my family. Turns out he was our server, unfortunately I believe he was too dumb to notice my large grin.

All that football he played for the Massey Vikings didn't do him a lick of good once he entered the real world.

-akichan-
01-14-2009, 08:05 PM
The funniest reason I've heard from people was that most of the anime fan are nerds, because they can't find a girlfriend in real life, then they end up looking at anime girls because the first thing that goes into their minds is that japanese made stuff is unique, and the anime girls are drawn beautiful, and possibly get attracted by the huge breasts that anime girls all has that we find today. I hope this is not the real reason why, but this is what it comes to my head when I saw this thread.

Diocletian
01-14-2009, 08:11 PM
The funniest reason I've heard from people was that most of the anime fan are nerds, because they can't find a girlfriend in real life, then they end up looking at anime girls because the first thing that goes into their minds is that japanese made stuff is unique, and the anime girls are drawn beautiful, and possibly get attracted by the huge breasts that anime girls all has that we find today. I hope this is not the real reason why, but this is what it comes to my head when I saw this thread.

Well those Megami magazine posters came off a while ago, but I might put them up again.

That's partly true. that & the fact when most of your money goes to anime you will not be able to buy clothes that look "kewl" & you'll look like the odd duck. The odd duck is usually called a nerd because all he/she can think about is _____. If I were talking to a magazine that's about anime, I will talk just about anime. If I were talking to a girl I wouldn't even think of bringing it up.

-akichan-
01-14-2009, 08:14 PM
Well those Megami magazine posters came off a while ago, but I might put them up again.

That's partly true. that & the fact when most of your money goes to anime you will not be able to buy clothes that look "kewl" & you'll look like the odd duck. The odd duck is usually called a nerd because all he/she can think about is _____. If I were talking to a magazine that's about anime, I will talk just about anime. If I were talking to a girl I wouldn't even think of bringing it up.

Oh~That sounds very true to me as well. It's sad that they spend all the money they have to get things anime-related, and for some reason, I assume those money are from their parents because then they wouldn't be confident enough to go out and work to face society. It's sad...

Also by looking at the "post your picture" thread, I happen to see LOTS of nerds/semi-nerds.

Diocletian
01-14-2009, 08:17 PM
Oh~That sounds very true to me as well. It's sad that they spend all the money they have to get things anime-related, and for some reason, I assume those money are from their parents because then they wouldn't be confident enough to go out and work to face society. It's sad...

Sadly that's true in some aspects in my case. I do however care about my appearence & don't spend every cent on anime just a little more than 40%.

Take note kids that don't work:
Put your money in seperate piles that your parents gave you or WORK.
Anime & Mango/ Clothes
Anime shirts are NOT clothing. They are meant for cons or home.

Ωmega
01-14-2009, 08:30 PM
Closed. If you arent sure why, then read the Misc rules thread.