PDA

View Full Version : Grid or Midnight Club: los Angeles?

NorthOfTime
01-09-2009, 08:12 PM
So ive been looking at one of these two games as my next racing game installment. Ive played a demo of Grid and liked the graphics and gameplay alot. i liked the realistic feel to it. But i havent played MNC:LA yet, but im a huge fan of the previous games. As i will only have enough to get one or the other this time i have been looking into reviews and stuff and am not happy with what im finding. hopefully yall can enlighten me a little and mabey help me choose. If yall could tell me your opinions of the two games and if there any good or not it would be a great help. Thanks folks.

Kojack
01-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Grid is an arcade/sim hybrid and Midnight Club is more of an open-ended affair. So I guess it depends what you're into. I myself prefer the arcade style racers (menus please, I dislike the free-roaming of things like Burnout Paradise). I have Grid and it's excellent, but sometimes it's infuriating to play because of all the realism they've pumped into it (at least it seems like realism to me: ie. I crash a lot).

Grid is about the races and Midnight Club seems to be more cusomization and driving through LA. So I guess it depends which you prefer.

Kaname~
01-10-2009, 06:15 PM
grid - the best ~simulation~ game. > need for speed , imo.
but, grid has absolutely no outside tuning. (yeah, it got stickers, but you can't tune body kit and stuff OR engine, etc. tuning. ) so that's not cool , but it has awesome multiplayer and drift races.
midnight club was a great series... didn't played this one, but basically it's more arcade and you can tune stuff.