PDA

View Full Version : Two Wallpapers: Azumanga And Flcl

Theocracity
11-07-2003, 03:53 PM
I made these two desktops a while ago and I was thinking of possibly submitting them to Animewallpapers. It's good to finally see some activity on the site, so I'd like to put these up for critique before I send them in. Tell me what you think!

Azumanga Daioh Wallpaper (http://www.geocities.com/hootkiller/Desktops/azudai4.jpg)

FLCL Wallpaper (http://www.geocities.com/hootkiller/Desktops/FLCLman3.jpg)

kadaan
11-07-2003, 04:40 PM
The first one is great, but all the edges are very jagged. Try blurring the background and just the edge of the images.

The second one... I dunno... It feels like there's something missing, but I think it looks very nice. A minute with the smudge tool on the ground will take out some of the blockiness.

Also don't forget to put your web address, email, name, or handle somewhere on the images! :)

omicron_15
11-07-2003, 04:52 PM
THe azumanga one looks good, i cant really suggest anything for that one.

I like the flcl background though, scan from the manga, nice, but it does seem to lack something it is a little plain, I like dark backgrounds, i think it would look good if the background was black, I think an easy way to draw attention to the wallpaper would be to add just one color to it, like maybe the flcl or the fury cury, or even make the robot blue or red or just color in his scarf/cape. just my suggestin great job though.

WinterC_16
11-07-2003, 05:14 PM
They both look great, especially the flcl one. just blur them a little bit and they will be perfect. And i think that u don't need to add anything to the flcl one because it looks good with the text and the picture. :D

diablo111
11-07-2003, 05:20 PM
The first one: The bg is a little too empty and simplistic for me, the green isn't working for me either, as it doesn't match anything...kawaii group pic though.

The second one: Love it, great concept and very well executed...nice job!

_hades the wicked
11-07-2003, 09:32 PM
I don't like the first one... It's odd... It's too simple, but it has a ngative simplicity... You know what I mean? It wasn't supposed to be like that... I don't know how you should change it though.
The second one is really awesome! It's simple, but it's effective. Good job on that one :)