PDA

View Full Version : Chobits Wallpaper

LavaBug
11-06-2003, 04:14 PM
Well i was bored so i started this one...
the picture i used was not very good though...
i still think something is missing somehow....

here (http://www.drsch.de/Stuff/chobits.jpg)

edit : i forget to attach the picture :P

omicron_15
11-06-2003, 04:58 PM
It looks nice, but i dont really like the picture of chii, I like the pixalate thing shadow you did though, maybe its the color scheme i dont like, well good job.

diablo111
11-06-2003, 05:51 PM
The bg looks pretty cool, like it alot...I'm not to hip on the pixelation thing. The problem I havce with it is the color scheme...it doesn't blend/match well.

darkparrot
11-06-2003, 06:52 PM
Personally I like the pixelation thing. The picture of dark chii is alright, but it goes good with the background!

_hades the wicked
11-06-2003, 09:57 PM
I don't like the pixelation thing...
Chii is a character that has a very smooth look, so the pixelation takes off that feeling at all...
The background should be a bit grainy to make it look more "right" with that picture, and the color scheme doesn't match really.

kadaan
11-06-2003, 11:11 PM
I think if you took off the pixellated edges and made the background pure greyscale it would be much better.

LavaBug
11-07-2003, 02:21 PM
well here are two newer version. i reduced the colors and the pixelation a bit.
the second one is almost b/w now but i think i look too dry...

Version2 (http://www.drsch.de/Stuff/chobitsneu.jpg)
Version2 b/w (http://www.drsch.de/Stuff/chobitsbw.jpg)

kadaan
11-07-2003, 04:33 PM
I like the toned down background of the second one, but you don't have to change chii's color as well. I still think the pixellated edges don't work at all, makes it seem like you were too lazy to do a good extraction and didn't want to use a generic blur ;).

LavaBug
11-07-2003, 06:15 PM
well it´s not that i have been to lazy it´s just that it would have been completely senseless since that picture´s quality was not very good from the begining...
i ought to get a better one and start over...
you´re right about the pixelation effect though...

mikroneuronikhyperlinkavatar
11-09-2003, 05:31 AM
The pic (chii) is fine and even the pixel/bitmap effect can be used to your advantage. The background is wrong. What kind of editors are you equipped with?

Archmagimon
11-09-2003, 10:01 AM
i like the background if the b/w image, but the pixelation really doesnt look good ... try and make chii in the b/w image a bit more colorful, not as much as in the first image, just a bit ... i think that'll look better ^^

setsuna
11-09-2003, 01:13 PM
I don't really like the pixelation either... I liked the toned down picture's background better also. Overall I don't like the photo on that background though, and I think I have that bias because I am too used to that picture of chii in it's original form (with water). Altho it doesn't look like your version is that bad in quality.. And I think the colors of Chii in the second version you made look the best on that pic.