PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Check Out My First Online Wallpaper

omicron_15
11-05-2003, 07:23 PM
Hey everyone, just found this forum, and I just finished this wallpaper. This is my 5th wallpaper using psp7, I have mainly done screen captures and modified this is the second one that i have used a manga pictures to compose a wallpaper, give me your thoughts please. :D The image is 1600 x 1200 I had to reduce it to 1280 X watever to post it.

diablo111
11-05-2003, 07:42 PM
A very interesting wall. For my taste? Take away the blurs on the text...also play around with the saturation and contrast on the main pic...she looks washed out.

All in all though, I like it, good effort!

acamori
11-05-2003, 07:52 PM
the only thing i think should be changed is the shadow of the scoll thing (with the name on it) in the top right. it stands out too much and i don't think it needs quite so much texture, other than that, it's a great wall

omicron_15
11-05-2003, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by acamori@Nov 5 2003, 07:46 PM
the only thing i think should be changed is the shadow of the scoll thing (with the name on it) in the top right. it stands out too much and i don't think it needs quite so much texture, other than that, it's a great wall
yea thanks the shadow is rather distracting, i might need to soften it. What do you think about the leaves, I am thinking about changing their color from purple to green.

_hades the wicked
11-05-2003, 09:35 PM
Yeah, the shadow on the scroll is rather unneeded. I think the leaves are nice as they are, and the main pic should be given a bit more contrast to it.
All in all it's an interesting concept.

kadaan
11-05-2003, 11:04 PM
I really like the color and texture of the eye and eyebrow.

*also agrees about too much blur on the text*

MistressPookyChan
11-05-2003, 11:25 PM
I think the only thing that needs to be changed is the text on the top right. take off the blur! Oh, and maybe try to make the main image stand out from the background a bit.

Iapetus
11-06-2003, 12:20 AM
Very good wall! I agree that the blur needs to be taken out of the text in the top right corner. Otherwise, there isn't much that needs to be changed.

I'm glad I found someone else that uses PSP for their walls. Almost everyone uses Photoshop....

-Iapetus

omicron_15
11-07-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Iapetus@Nov 6 2003, 12:14 AM
Very good wall! I agree that the blur needs to be taken out of the text in the top right corner. Otherwise, there isn't much that needs to be changed.

I'm glad I found someone else that uses PSP for their walls. Almost everyone uses Photoshop....

-Iapetus
Im sorry Iapetus, I was stupid and said the wrong program, I have been using photoshop for my last few wallpapers, I first used psp its a good program but im using photopshop now. sorry

Well here is my slightly modified version of this wallpaper chancged the shadow on the top right and droped a shodow of the cat onto the background and changed the leaves to green, what do you guys think.

strifehunter
11-07-2003, 09:05 PM
now it looks fine to me.i dunno what the others think but it's great.i really like the cat gurl character in the wp.i think it's quite cute! :P