PDA

View Full Version : Have "YOU" ever caught them all

blackrosetwilight
12-31-2008, 04:22 PM
Has anybody ever catch all the pokemon without cheating or got them from a friend who cheated but actually legitimately got them all.

Capernicus
12-31-2008, 05:24 PM
...are we talking about the original 150 (151?) pokemon, or the countless new ones I never bothered with? I can't remember if I ever caught them all, so prob not. I think I would remember if I had.

And anyway, to catch them all yourself you'd have to have bought both Red and Blue (and whatever they're calling the new ones now), beaten both, and traded them with yourself. Kinda stupid IMO, you may as well have gotten them from a friend.

SigmaSD
12-31-2008, 05:48 PM
I did catch all original 150 on Pokemon Blue, but after that game, it was too hard that I just gave up trying to "catch them all".

BestFly
12-31-2008, 07:41 PM
I did it for the original set, but that's it. There are too many event pokemon where you had to bend over backwards to get.

SinOfHeart
12-31-2008, 10:52 PM
Nope... and even worse I've only ever beaten Red and yet I have managed to get one of every pokemon game for each pokemon generation after that (plus when my pokemon craze was at it's height around 6th grade I ended up getting a bunch of Japanese import versions of pokemon). Altogether I own Red, Green (JP), Yellow (JP), Yellow, Silver, Emerald, and Diamond... and I only beat Red.

Brojasu
12-31-2008, 11:48 PM
actually, yes. only once though and that was on pokemon blue

JIMBO.
01-01-2009, 05:03 AM
most I got was 186 on gold thats out of 250

The Governator
01-01-2009, 05:34 AM
No, I never caught all 150 (151 if you count Mew) Pokemon, I only really cared about getting my Machamp and kickin butt with him.

JIMBO, how can you have caught 186 when there are only 150 (151)

BestFly
01-01-2009, 05:45 AM
No, I never caught all 150 (151 if you count Mew) Pokemon, I only really cared about getting my Machamp and kickin butt with him.

JIMBO, how can you have caught 186 when there are only 150 (151)

Generation 2 upped the number to 251 when Celebi was added. Right now there are 493 if you count Arceus.

The Governator
01-01-2009, 05:50 AM
Generation 2 upped the number to 251 when Celebi was added. Right now there are 493 if you count Arceus.

Ohhhhhh, so its all those rubbish new pokemon, I thought the OP was on about actual pokemon.

BestFly
01-01-2009, 06:00 AM
Ohhhhhh, so its all those rubbish new pokemon, I thought the OP was on about actual pokemon.

Only a lot of the post Generation pokemon are really good. Such as Blissey, Magnezone, Ninjask, Medicham, Lucario, and more.

>.<

I know too much about pokemon.

Khanxay
01-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Whatchu talking about? 2nd generation Pokemon are actual Pokemon. It's when you go 3rd gen or high where it get's silly.

I completed Yellow and have like... 240ishishish on Silver.

Brojasu
01-01-2009, 03:59 PM
yeah generation 2 is ok, generation 3 is when it started getting out of hand, and 4 is just lame.

The anime is a different story entirely though, it started sucking during the second gen, now its garbage!

LMAO has anyone noticed how ash has been 10 for over 10 years XD

Nanuq
01-01-2009, 04:12 PM
No i never caught all of them. I was really close in Yellow but i just gave up. and then when they came out with a gazillion more i just caught the ones i wanted =P

BestFly
01-02-2009, 12:18 AM
yeah generation 2 is ok, generation 3 is when it started getting out of hand, and 4 is just lame.

The anime is a different story entirely though, it started sucking during the second gen, now its garbage!

LMAO has anyone noticed how ash has been 10 for over 10 years XD

Generation 4 has some awesome pokemon like Piplup. I mean It's a penguin!

Capernicus
01-02-2009, 03:57 AM
You should go get a real penguin.

Khanxay
01-02-2009, 06:14 AM
I think that would be the only reason I would play one of gen 4. You get to choose between a monkey, a turtle, and a penguin for your starter. Now they just need to add a pirate, ninja, and cowboy for gen 5.

Haoie
01-02-2009, 09:16 PM
That'd be quite a feat.

Sanosuke X
01-02-2009, 09:18 PM
No, thats way too much time spent on something.

The Grey Crane
01-03-2009, 09:53 PM
Just like the others, i've 'caught 'em all' first gen-wise(150). You don't really have to own both Blue and Red versions to 'catch 'em all' during those days, in the name of honesty, I HAVE DONE THAT FEAT ON RED ALONE...in an underhanded way though. Of course, for sure some old-school players here knows how the 'Cinnabar Cheat' works. Besides duplication, you could easily catch the tougher-to-catch Safari monsters using the same procedure but my game got too buggy to the point that random monsters started appearing at the same spot on Cinnabar. Those random monsters included any monster, stone-evolved, trade-evolved, and non-Red natives included.

My game even got more buggier when Charmanders and Squirtles started appearing in my storage on the Viridian City computer. This bug appears only during your first access per new game on the Viridian City computer. Don't withdraw them--you lose them during your next access, withdraw them--you can create an army of Charizards and Blastoises. If you withdraw them, you'll still have a new pair in your inventory, it's like an infinite whatnot, you see.

I don't own the cartridge anymore, i've sold it to a friend who might not have it anymore.

This is not a make-up bluff story, it happened and there are a lot of living witnesses to it including me. But then again, this might be an isolated case which only happened to my (or on a few) cartridges alone.

I've played Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold (i still have this one), Silver, and Sapphire (still have this). On the latter versions, i think catching them all just went too crazy and damn inconvenient, at least for me. Correct me if i'm mistaken but getting Jirachi requires some N64 whatnots right?...and Deoxys requires an Aurora Ticket.

BestFly
01-04-2009, 02:03 AM
I think that would be the only reason I would play one of gen 4. You get to choose between a monkey, a turtle, and a penguin for your starter. Now they just need to add a pirate, ninja, and cowboy for gen 5.

Then it would be like the most epic game ever. I mean Pirate Money, and Ninjas Penguins.

I mean they already have an astronaut pokemon (deoxys)

Gizoku
01-06-2009, 07:21 PM
Never really bothered. I can only have 6 Pokemon with me why catch them all. They'd just be sitting in Bill's PC for the longest time.
Though I think I did get the whole first gen.

Diocletian
01-06-2009, 07:25 PM
You should go get a real penguin.

Golly, they don't fit in my pocket & you have to feed them.

I had alotta time on my hands during Winter of '07 so the only Pokemans I'm missing are Chikorita, Arcanine, Deoxys, & that stupid hedgehog on Diamond.

Anime Forum
01-06-2009, 10:22 PM
Nope, never did never will. I tried when I was younger, but I gave up after while. Its just a waste time of time and what do you get? A certificate, for all that work?

Dr. Evil
01-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Every one of them from all the games. Only reason is cause Im on the road a lot so I play that on my GBA

Chewbaka
01-14-2009, 02:16 PM
No, I never did, because I found picking up a Magikarp would be a waste of time and money, just to get full completion. I found other pokemon to be crap, so I just said no to them all, and picked me up my Abra. Good times.

Kawairashii hikari
01-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Freak no.
I know that's one of the points of the game, but I just think that some of them are just pointless to get. They are just in no way going to help me on my quest to defeat the Legandary Four... or whatever the heck they call them. So why on earth would I waste poke' balls and money catching them when there's no point in raising them??

Orta Honehone
01-17-2009, 04:13 PM
Back in the good old days with 150? Yes.
Nowadays with 150,000; not so much...

Saikoro
01-17-2009, 04:17 PM
I agree with you Orta.

There are like 500 now.....its rediculous.

I would only ever play until I had 8 badges and I had an Alakazam. :\ Then it would sit in my game drawer until I got bored enough to start a new game. This was all back in like 99 when Pokemon was cool. You know, back when a gameboy weighed thirty pounds and was in black and white?

wowzabunny
01-17-2009, 05:04 PM
i got the entire ruby saphire emerald gen :D

Akito0o
01-17-2009, 05:55 PM
No I never did. i love the original 150 they were great, the gold and silver pokemon were not bad either but now its just weird you might as well get a cup and googly eyes on it and you have a new pokemon.

Mowick
01-17-2009, 09:06 PM
Cought them all in every single Pokemon game my self, except the latest (Pearl for me) with all that online thing kickin' in, it was too hard to stay away from trading.

Zanmato
01-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Back in the good old days with 150? Yes.
Nowadays with 150,000; not so much...
Hahaha. My thoughts exactly. it was hard enough finding people with the pokemon i needed back in primary school, but to have another ship load of pokemon added to the game each new release? I stopped trying, got too annoying.

I only ended up getting 150, back when i had red version...and that was only because of some BS cheat i was told about....ended up selling all my games ect..got annoying.

SigmaSD
01-21-2009, 04:09 PM
As of 4:05 PM today, I have officially caught all 491 Pokemon. Yes, I'm a loser. :D But my bro said there are more Pokemon after Darkrai. Is that correct? If so, where and how do I get them?

pandacommander
01-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Way back when i played pokemon red yeh

Princely Dreaming Doll
01-26-2009, 12:17 AM
I only picked up the pokemon I liked.

rf switch
01-26-2009, 01:57 AM
No. Because I didn't care for the games.

LittleMomo
01-26-2009, 03:48 AM
Okay Yellow version was done with the original 150 pokemon, after completeing 250 on Gold version (you're not the only one trading by yourself xD ). I kinda gave up after Ruby and just only trained and power lvled the pokemon that I favored xD

BestFly
01-26-2009, 04:31 AM
As of 4:05 PM today, I have officially caught all 491 Pokemon. Yes, I'm a loser. :D But my bro said there are more Pokemon after Darkrai. Is that correct? If so, where and how do I get them?

The two final pokemon (Shaymin and Arceus) are gotten by getting key event items from Nintendo. Both are currently unreleased to my knowledge.

Felidire
01-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Nope.. and why the heck would someone go around catching 400'something pokemon if they're not gonna use 'em. It'd be so cruel to catch near 500 living things and just let them rot in a storage machine, when you're only going to use say 10 of them. xD

Catching all 150 was one thing, but I don't think they thought about future releases. Eventually it's gonna be "1873 Pokemon! Gotta catch 'em all!" Lolnothx. ;p

Capernicus
01-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Soon there will be OVER 9000 pokemon. Then, I'd catch 'em all.

Felidire
01-27-2009, 12:48 AM
WHAT! 9000?!

lmao win. xD

-akichan-
01-27-2009, 01:37 AM
I played the blue version and I did not get to catch all, because all my friends who had thi game were having blue versions, and I didn't care much. I found pokemon was interesting when I was still in grade school, but no there are just too many of the new ones to remember, and I wouldn't even bother to know any of the new ones, it just ruined everything. I rather stay touch with the most original ones instead of putting a self forcing on remembering all the new ones.

tsujigiri15
03-19-2009, 06:12 PM
I played the blue version and I did not get to catch all, because all my friends who had thi game were having blue versions, and I didn't care much. I found pokemon was interesting when I was still in grade school, but no there are just too many of the new ones to remember, and I wouldn't even bother to know any of the new ones, it just ruined everything. I rather stay touch with the most original ones instead of putting a self forcing on remembering all the new ones.

Very similar for me - but with red. I find pokemon to be getting monotenous past 1st gen. That said it is kinda fun I guess. As was pokemon stadium for the N64 - anyone ever play that?

A more interesting varient on 'gotta catch em all' is with STD's...

Though perhaps the imperative is smaller!

shinnraiu
03-20-2009, 12:30 AM
I did :>
I'm a pokemaniac. Got em all in Yellow, Gold, and Sapphire without cheating. I never owned a gameshark.

Magical Soul
03-20-2009, 12:35 AM
Nope i got close though....

Bulf
03-20-2009, 01:12 AM
I had them all in Red, and Gold. It took forever to get a Kabuto though D:

Zenga
03-20-2009, 06:22 AM
I considered it a personal mission and it took a few weeks, but I managed to catch all 490 pokemon. Heh, Scyther is my favorite, he really helped with false swipe.

Magical Soul
03-20-2009, 06:41 AM
Damn lol you had them all? Hell i was a few off...

Zenga
03-20-2009, 10:58 AM
Meh, I had nothing better to do until I had enough saved for Halo 3, which rocks by the way.

riolu72x
03-20-2009, 09:13 PM
I usually only catch the 6 pokemon I need to beat the game then go back and catch them all later. I got close with Emerald, but then I got bored, ported them all to Diamond and started a new game. What's the point anyway? It's not like 1,000,000 dollars will fly out of my DS when I catch them all.

Magical Soul
03-20-2009, 09:14 PM
I usually only catch the 6 pokemon I need to beat the game then go back and catch them all later. I got close with Emerald, but then I got bored, ported them all to Diamond and started a new game. What's the point anyway? It's not like 1,000,000 dollars will fly out of my DS when I catch them all.

No but that would be good....

Haoie
03-20-2009, 11:58 PM
Too many Pokemon.

460 something.

Yech.

Light Buster
03-23-2009, 02:35 PM
I almost seen them all in the Sinnoh reigon but never caught all of them. Too much work, especially when there is two different versions.