PDA

View Full Version : Claymore

Anime Forum
12-29-2008, 10:43 PM
I just picked up the first dvd of Claymore and I must say its an enjoyable anime. If I'm right, I also think their is an ad about it on here. Anyways, what does everyone think of the anime and manga Claymore? Which do you like better?

theDC
01-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Ok, let's talk about it.
First for poeple know this, i think i should add some lines.

Year: 2007
Director: Hiroyuki Tanaka
Studio: Madhouse
Episodes: 26
Duration: 23 min
Genre: Fantasy / Drama / Adventure

Claymore is a manga written and illustrated by Norihiro Yagi and published by Monthly Shonen Jump since 2001. An adjustment was made for anime by Madhouse and displayed by Nippon TV, contains 26 episodes of 23 minutes duration each.

The story takes place in a fictional world with medieval technology. Politically, he is to a large number of independent and cities around the world. In this world, humans coexist with creatures called Youm, sensitive beings that feed on human viscera. The Youm, being metamorfos are able to acquire the human form and live among them. Consuming the viscera of a human, the Youm is able to absorb their memories and personality as well, allowing them to disfarcem on a specific person without raising suspicions for friends and family. An organization without a name and created a highly secret order of warriors modified to protect the human Youm. These warriors came to be popularly called the Claymore, due to its immense Claymore that door in their struggles. Villages under attack from Youm hire the services of Claymore.

============================

Well, leading the technical question and you know that the Dazzle audio / visual and introspection that leads are guaranteed, please know that Claymore is based on a manga of Norihiro Yagi (which, as a curiosity, like the Brazilian heavy metal band Angra) veteran who had an excellent work humorous, with nearly ten years of publication: Angel Densetsu. Published since 2001, the art of manga, as absurd as it seems, can be at times more impressive data than the anime (and believe me, this is amazing). Furthermore, Claymore similar extensive work with another very dear to the public of fantasy fan of mangoes, Berserker.

Diocletian
01-02-2009, 12:51 PM
Pretty damn good. An anime with zero fan service made it to my top 20. Plus, the director made some good cutscenes with the yoma.

Lixor
01-09-2009, 09:12 AM
its awsome but the ending is bad =/. it dosent realy end since she never kills the one she want to kill ....

PsychicShadow
01-11-2009, 09:35 AM
Yea the anime was pretty sweet, well choreographed fight scenes and an interesting story. The ending did kill the anime for me. It went from being a great anime to being just ok with that ending. When you watch it you'll understand. Apparently the ending is not based on the manga, just something to get the anime series to end, that's why its so bad.

Definitely a good show to watch though!

th3_l1ght
01-13-2009, 07:37 AM
The anime is good all the way close to the ending, when it deviates from the manga,

The manga is still ongoing, and have a very good storyline, be warned though if you decide to follow the manga, it is released monthly, (even though the plot progress faster than many weekly manga out there... :D )

chuunin7
01-14-2009, 06:47 AM
Well, as usual, I prefer to read the mangas than watch the animes.. The story is original.. Not too much fan service.. Even there is fan service, but it fit the situation.. It isn't ruin the story line.. The opening a bit lame and boring, but afterwards, amazing! Thrilling! ehe~

lisagogo
01-20-2009, 02:17 AM
manga is better than anime...

the ending of anime is bad..and the manga is ongoing...

mynameisdave
03-11-2009, 03:38 PM
never read the manga... but this is (1) of the best series i have seen. i hope the open ending means a season #2.

Astarot
03-11-2009, 03:58 PM
I watched the anime first and then went on to the manga, both are amazing, and i agree with chuunin7, the story is unique and original, but the ending was bad, i also heard a rumor that there's going to be a second season, if there is, i really hope it follows the storyline from the manga, there's lots of surprises in it, if you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend reading it.