PDA

View Full Version : Lodoss War Wall

acamori
11-03-2003, 08:13 PM
hiya, since winter is coming (supposedly) i decided to make a kinda wintery wall, i'm not sure if i should adda slight white haze around the edge or not (almost like the fog effect in my last kenshin wall but lighter) well let me know what you think.

Here it is. (http://filebox.vt.edu/users/aales/Wallpapers/lodoss1.jpg)

kadaan
11-03-2003, 09:47 PM
Nice wall, but the text just doesn't do it for me... I dunno what I dislike about... it just looks out of place imho.

phantasmagoria
11-03-2003, 10:27 PM
I like it. I think it would be a good idea to put a light haze. As for the text... I would darken it a little so it's more noticable and maybe play around with the positioning of it a little. It just seems...out of place in the center like that.

diablo111
11-04-2003, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by Sephiroth@Nov 3 2003, 11:21 PM
I like it. I think it would be a good idea to put a light haze. As for the text... I would darken it a little so it's more noticable and maybe play around with the positioning of it a little. It just seems...out of place in the center like that.
I agree with about 90% of that...the text and all. The 10% disagreement? I would make a heavy, rather than a light, haze...good call though Sephiroth :D

acamori
11-05-2003, 04:04 PM
i updated it, made the text stand out some more (left the kanji alone though) and added some haze to it. i'll play around with the thext posistioning some, see if i can find something that works better

kadaan
11-05-2003, 06:13 PM
Nice! I think the kanji would look better un-blurred though. Or maybe uniformly blurred and not on the single angle it's at now.

acamori
11-05-2003, 07:26 PM
well i had the kanji blurred at the one angle to go with the kinda windy feel that's in the rest of it, but if you probably know better than i wehter or not it looks good (since i'm a bit biased) anyways, here's it with the kanji uniformly blurred (unblurred was too sharp):

clicky..clicky.. (http://filebox.vt.edu/users/aales/Wallpapers/lodoss2.jpg)

omicron_15
11-05-2003, 07:44 PM
looks great, I would suggest changing the white motion blure behind the love and forever txt, I think that the black blure looks good but the white blure is distracting and makes the txt hard to read maybe just a gausin blure in white to soften the edges but get ride of the motion blure just my adv.

_hades the wicked
11-05-2003, 09:53 PM
I don't like the way "love forever" is placed, and that kanji for love (ai) doesn't look right... oO
I'd remove the "love forever" text and leave the kanji only, and the way it fades from white to background looks too artificial... You should make it more natural.
Here, the right kanji for "love":

Miko
11-05-2003, 10:10 PM
I'd say; completely remove the text (both Japanese and English) and put in some pixel sparks, to give a heavenly/snowy effect. It'll not only add more depth the wallpaper, but it'll make it look less bland and drab.

Good start though.

phantasmagoria
11-07-2003, 12:30 AM
Personaly, I like it the way it is. So I guess I'll leave the tweaking to you.

onslaught2029
11-07-2003, 10:09 PM
Very nice, I like the winter theme, its really cool.

Neo_Dragon
11-07-2003, 11:06 PM
Everyones a critic lol. I'd mess around with the kanji. i like the winter theme. :lol: