PDA

View Full Version : Is Bobobo worth watching?

Dr. Hax
12-24-2008, 01:02 PM
I've really questioned whether or not to watch Bobobo. I mean, is it worth watching? Is it good? Bad? If it's not that great, can you please recommend something that isn't Mecha, Feudal, or Romance? I prefer Comedy, Ecchi (to a point), and Satire.

I've seen:

-Golden Boy
-Ichigo 100%
-Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (Seasons 1 & 2)
-Dokuro-chan
-Green Green
-Lucky Star
-some others I'm not bothering to list.

Help me out here, please.

SigmaSD
12-24-2008, 01:07 PM
Some suggestions:

Koihime+Musou
Rosario + Vampire
Fate/ Stay Night
Cyborg 009
School Rumble

I have actually seen some of the Bobo stuff, and it ain't funny.

*Tsuki*
12-24-2008, 01:13 PM
Bobobo is just a bunch of random crap in my opinion and I wouldn't watch it.

I can't really think of anything besides Ranma 1/2 and Negima! at the moment. Sorry.

Archaic Devices
12-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Bobobo is one of the best animes I've seen. You should totally watch it.

Dr. Hax
12-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Already saw both seasons of School Rumble.

Saw Negima

Still have yet to see Fate/Stay Night but I am a fan of Type-Moon and have loved Shingetsutan Tsukihime. I also have to see Kara no Kyoukai.

Gjallarhorn
12-24-2008, 01:44 PM
Bobobo can be a really great or a really bad anime, depending on one thing: Do you know what it's parodying?

Bobobo picks fun at and satires a lot of things in anime and manga, and some Japanese culture in general, in fairly ridiculous ways. I was able to understand a good deal of what it was making fun of, and I thought it was an excellent series, and was very funny.

On the other hand, most people who watched it had no idea what was going on because they didn't understand what was being satired, and as a result thought that the series was just a bunch of random, non-sensible, non sequitor jokes (See: Tsuki Moon88's post).

That's what happpens when dubs don't change the comedic material to fit its new audience...

Bring Me The Horizon
12-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Yes Bobobo is a great one! its random but its so funny and actually has alot of action in it. It like DBZ action mixed with Shin Chan comedy I say watch it

Anime Forum
12-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Nope, it is not worth watching. I mean its a funny show and always gives you something to laugh about and the characters are stupid but awesome at the same time. Sadly, the ending kills the show and I think because of the ending you should just stay away from it.

Diocletian
12-24-2008, 02:50 PM
The Japanese version is not better than the English in my eyes.

If you don't mind pretty boys Night Head Genesis is a good anime. Like I said they're bishonen, but the story is pretty damn good.

l Falling Kite l
12-24-2008, 03:11 PM
Well Ive seen a couple episodes of Bobobo and I honestly think it was a wate of my time that im never going to get back but the show had its moments were it was so stupid that I actually laughed which I believe I think they were trying to achieve:Become the stupidist anime ever....o.o

BestFly
12-24-2008, 05:27 PM
stupidist anime ever....o.o

Lol but it's so stupid it's good.

I'll say this, you woulnt be like getting anything out of Bobobo but good laughs, it's not a legendary anime like NGE or Haruhi Suzumiya, but if you're willing to waste some time watching something Bobobo is not that bad.

Dr. Hax
12-24-2008, 05:33 PM
Lol but it's so stupid it's good.

I'll say this, you woulnt be like getting anything out of Bobobo but good laughs, it's not a legendary anime like NGE or Haruhi Suzumiya, but if you're willing to waste some time watching something Bobobo is not that bad.

Heh, yeah I need something to watch but now I have such great recommendations coming to me that I can't wait to watch some of that which was recommended.

I hated Haruhi though because of the hype. When something is hyped way too much, It tends to lose my support.

Princely Dreaming Doll
12-24-2008, 05:34 PM
If you don't mind pretty boys Night Head Genesis is a good anime. Like I said they're bishonen, but the story is pretty damn good.

That anime is cool.
But funny.
Half of the language is:

Naoya
Naoto
Naoya
Naoto

They don't need the other words those are just fine.

Edit: Bobobo....you should watch it. Its cool. I liked it a lot.

Kawairashii hikari
12-24-2008, 05:38 PM
You know how people say a show is so stupid it's funny...??
Well this show isn't it. It's so stupid that it's just so horribly stupid.

Trust me, I watch a lot of stupid stuff and this one just doesn't make the cut. It's just crap full o' nonsense that's not worth anyone wasting their time watching it. I really don't get how people can sit there and watch it either... it's crazy to me! O_O

Well that's my 25 cents... so yeah, don't give it a try.
Suggestions??
I'll give ya some ya need it if ya gettiung to a point asking whether you should watch Bobobo.

~Clannad
~Vampire Knight
~Tonagura!
~Noein
~Myself; Yourself
~Special A

Princely Dreaming Doll
12-24-2008, 05:44 PM

Trust me, I watch a lot of stupid stuff and this one just doesn't make the cut. It's just crap full o' nonsense that's not worth anyone wasting their time watching it. I really don't get how people can sit there and watch it either... it's crazy to me! O_O

If you took your time to understand the Japanese culture a bit, then maybe you would think Bobobo is funny.
A lot of the references are to Japanese culture and Japanese anime and manga what not.

Kawairashii hikari
12-24-2008, 05:49 PM
If you took your time to understand the Japanese culture a bit, then maybe you would think Bobobo is funny.
A lot of the references are to Japanese culture and Japanese anime and manga what not.

Oh, I understand it well enough, thank you very much. And why did you just point me out, out of the other some odd people that said it wasn't funny either?? To reiiterate I just don't think it's funny in any way, shape, or form. Plus, I don't like the characters or how it's drawn for that matter. Respect the way I view it or not I really don't care.

Dr. Hax
12-24-2008, 05:51 PM

Well that's my 25 cents... so yeah, don't give it a try.
Suggestions??
I'll give ya some ya need it if ya gettiung to a point asking whether you should watch Bobobo.
~Clannad
~Vampire Knight
~Tonagura!

It's just that I've seen plenty of anime and am not a fan of Mecha, Feudal Era, and other such stuff.

In total, I've seen:

-Mahou Sensei Negima
-Golden Boy
-Green Green
-Happiness
-Strawberry Panic
-Ichigo 100%
-Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (Seasons 1 & 2)
-Mahoromatic
-Azumanga Daioh
-Shingetsutan Tsukihime
-Higurashi (Seasons 1 & 2)
-Jigoku Shoujo (Seasons 1 & 2)
-Haruhi Suzumiya
-Ouran Host Club
-Gravitation
-Zero no Tsukaima
-Dokuro-chan
-GITS: SAC
-Amaenaideyo (Seasons 1 & 2)
-Welcome to the NHK
-Lucky Star
-School Rumble (Seasons 1 & 2)
-Excel Saga
-Puni Puni Poemi
-He is My Master
-and Pani Poni Dash

I'm starting to run out of options but with all of this, I now have new material. I shall start with Fate/Stay Night and then Kara no Kyoukai since I'm a big Type-Moon fan.

Princely Dreaming Doll
12-24-2008, 06:00 PM
Lord of Rant you like Mecha:

Gundam 00 Season 1 and Season 2.

OMG, this is the best of the Gundam Series.

Robin Sena
12-25-2008, 03:34 PM
Is that what they mean by a Little Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo Peep?

But then, even that can't hold up a candle to Super Milk Chan.

danparker
12-27-2008, 09:00 PM
I like this series a lot! I watched it because it's hilarious! I like the episodes where they were batteling on the giant toilet.

I like the episode where Bobobo is the dial on the spinning dail. Apart from the green ball guy turning into Miss Fancy, all the other punishments are hilarious.

I liked the episodes where Bobobo and the gang are forced to play the money game. I liked the rhino and elephant as the dice. And I liked the goofy song.

I find an inspiration for the underwear duck guy for some reason.

Even though it's no longer airing more episodes, and they should have if they're going to end like that, I will remember it's comedy.

Dr. Hax
12-27-2008, 10:06 PM
I like the episode where Bobobo is the dial on the spinning dail. Apart from the green ball guy turning into Miss Fancy, all the other punishments are hilarious.

I liked the episodes where Bobobo and the gang are forced to play the money game. I liked the rhino and elephant as the dice. And I liked the goofy song.

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! I shouldn't have read that!!!!! Why did you tell me these two?!?!?!?!?!

I lost a bet with my sis and now I have to watch it with her everyday.

SHAME ON YOU!!!

http://www.freewebs.com/sanosukeeiji/bobobo/Bobobo-boBo-bobo4.jpg

sa5m
12-28-2008, 11:02 AM
Kannagi. It's by the same director as Lucky Star (for the first few episodes of Lucky Star before he got fired xD) But if you watch the opening dance sequences of Lucky Star and Kannagi, you can tell right away it's by the same guy.