PDA

View Full Version : DBZ Evolution.......I think that's what the movie's called XD

HimiTama
12-22-2008, 02:38 PM
OK, My friend showed me the trailer for that new DBZ movie, it's pretty much live action, I kinda liked DBZ and thought that the movie trailer was just pathetic, I mean come on they don't even really look like the actual characters!!!!! Anyways, what do you people think....?:eek:

Nanuq
12-22-2008, 02:46 PM
oh gosh, a live action movie >.<

do you have the trailer for it?

gadgetgirl16
12-22-2008, 03:04 PM
yeah i've heard about it... kinda creepy to see a live action goku. do you have a link to the trailer? now i'm curious.

HimiTama
12-22-2008, 03:07 PM
Well I saw it on youtube....but here it is^^
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYMa0-7e3fY
Enjoy......if you can O.o

Beast
12-22-2008, 11:31 PM
I was hoping it'd be somewhat decent. But yeah, they really half ***'d the characters. Not impressed with Piccolo at all. The quality of the special effects are that of a toy you find in a box of cracker jacks.

wolfgirl90
12-23-2008, 02:21 AM
I actually like the special effect in the movie (all I can say is that it could have been much worse). The only thing is that it has been more than 10 years since the first time I saw Dragonball. Now, I think that the movie is full of cliches. Dragonballs, Kamehameha and all that crap seems so...I don't know. At this point, I don't care (I would have 10 years ago). However, I will still see the movie since I have been waiting to see what Fox will do with the movie (although everytime I watch the trailer for the movie, I throw up in my mouth a little).

What I want to know is: who in the world did the casting for this movie?! Why is Justin Chatwin Goku? Why is the dude who plays Brainiac from Smallville doing Piccolo? YUCK!!:banghead:

And I find it funny that Christopher Sabat is supposed play Shenron in the movie, since he did the voice of Shenron in the anime, as well as the voices for Vegeta, Piccolo (both Piccolos), Grandpa Gohan and Yamcha among many others.:rolleyes:

.Lovebeat
12-23-2008, 07:06 AM
LOLOLOL

I just can't take this movie seriously XDD
And to be on topic ^ that's what I think.

BestFly
12-23-2008, 07:28 AM
What I want to know is: who in the world did the casting for this movie?! Why is Justin Chatwin Goku? Why is the dude who plays Brainiac from Smallville doing Piccolo? YUCK!!:banghead:

It's better then Keanu Reeves being Spike in the Cowboy Bebop movie. xD

But seriously. I've been tracking the Dragon Ball movie for a while, and from what I hear the action/fight sequences are amazing. I don't think the movie is going to be like the best thing ever, but it should be better then half the junk that's put out these days.

dawnbreaks
12-23-2008, 10:54 AM
LOLOLOL

I just can't take this movie seriously XDD
And to be on topic ^ that's what I think.

i used to love Dragon Ball Z thanks to those guys now its ruined...:(...picollo looks like grimblings just more evolved "sorry for the spellling " jej...those characters are a joke a big fat joke...that's a waste of film and money!!!!!they should be ashamed of themselves for ruining a perfectly good anime like Dragon Ball Z...ugh...:banghead:

dawnbreaks
12-23-2008, 11:04 AM
Terminator 4 now that looks like something worth watching and well it will help me get over the migranes from the movie trailer i saw for BDZ......

Kojack
12-23-2008, 11:08 AM
I thought the trailer was kind of cool. They're going for a different look, and there's nothing wrong with that.

l Falling Kite l
12-23-2008, 11:26 AM
Hahaha!!
::Rolls on the floor:: That has to be the dumbest thing ive seen in a while I cant actually believe there doing a movie. The story seems so retarded and WTH is up with Piccolo hahaha xD ::Rolls away slowly, laughing::

FLASH-X
12-23-2008, 11:38 AM
I just saw the trailer and puked on my comp and cried a little!!! wtf was that

*cries like a sad ****

sa5m
12-23-2008, 12:00 PM
I don't think it looks too bad... definitely looks different from the original though. But why is Goku American?

Kojack
12-23-2008, 12:34 PM
But why is Goku American?

Well, Goku is from Vegeta, so who knows what he is supposed to look like. An American was probably cast so the American audience could more easily identify with him.

@the haters, what's so bad about it?

HimiTama
12-23-2008, 01:14 PM
The thing that bugs me about the movie is that Bulma's hair isn't even the right color!!! and also the old guy who trains Goku (I haven't actually watched Dragon Ball or anything for like ever so sorry if I can't remember the names TT-TT) is like Goku's height, from what I remember he was a little old guy XDD but still I guewss it would be a little hard to get someone that small......

Khanxay
12-23-2008, 01:23 PM
My thoughts about it: lulz wut?

Nanuq
12-23-2008, 01:26 PM
the movie can have somee potential but Krillin isn't even in it
and Bulma's hair isn't blue just one strand it XD;

Eris
12-23-2008, 01:26 PM
I don't think it looks too bad... definitely looks different from the original though. But why is Goku American?

Everyone is American. Aliens from another galaxy are American. Jesus was American. Cesar was American. Attila the Hun was American. God was American. Why shouldn't Goku be American?

Saint Seiya
12-23-2008, 02:48 PM
why!!! why!!!

BestFly
12-23-2008, 10:15 PM
The thing that bugs me about the movie is that Bulma's hair isn't even the right color!!! and also the old guy who trains Goku (I haven't actually watched Dragon Ball or anything for like ever so sorry if I can't remember the names TT-TT) is like Goku's height, from what I remember he was a little old guy XDD but still I guewss it would be a little hard to get someone that small......

If I remember Bulma's hair was supposed to be blue, but they changed it to the streak. Also, they cant really stay Canon i mean. Goku is like 10 in the original show and Master Roshi is suppsoed to be like ancient or something.

Diocletian
12-23-2008, 10:24 PM
Everyone is American. Aliens from another galaxy are American. Jesus was American. Cesar was American. Attila the Hun was American. God was American. Why shouldn't Goku be American?

Because he's Insaiyan. I will be damned if I let any of those darn Insaiyans into my country. If I see one a dem big haired glass on der eye fools Imma shoot 'em. There will be no Insaiyan Americans!!

packetpirate
12-24-2008, 01:23 AM
Seeing the trailer for this pathetic attempt at a DBZ movie makes me want to kill myself...
We've waited how long for a live action DBZ movie? Like... 8 years since they first announced they wanted to make one? And this is what we get?
This movie will be the biggest flop in anime/video game/mange to movie conversions EVER!

skinnyp
12-24-2008, 01:39 AM
I always felt like the live action movie was gonna be crap, so I'm not too surprised. But really now? Roshi looks young and not like Roshi, Goku looks non-Goku-ish, and don't even get me started on Bulma. though she's hot. As far as special effects, it'll be tough. I don't think it'll be easy recreating the dragonball action into a live-action film, so that's gonna be interesting

Yuuki Kurosu
12-24-2008, 01:52 AM
I kinda wanna crack up laughing.
And I don't know why, but Goku being American kinda bothers me. > <;
Piccolo's character upsets me, and Bulma's character just doesn't seem to fit. =/
But the movie looks.. Half decent? I think.